Anyone hate getting food on their hands?

Page 3 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2007, 10:25 pm

I hate getting something uncooked in my hands, like when I'm making breakfast and I touch an egg, or "chorizo" (spicy pork), I start to think about linked diseases and wash my hands :S

If I touch an egg and wash my hands, and later touch "chorizo" for example, I wash them again. I also wash "clean" forks left over the sink because I think of possible germs because of water already there :(

mikh07
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2007, 3:09 am

haha oh man.. I don't mind eating food with my hands but I HATE getting something like ketchup or salt on my hands. I think just licking it off is nasty.

Quest_techie
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Jan 2007, 4:06 am

I hate most kinds of foods on my hands, I can't even deal with it through gloves a good portion of the time <I have good and bad days>

markaudette
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2007, 2:10 am

I am really quick to wipe food off my hands.

Mostly I think the tendency comes from me being an artist and always having the impulse to keep my hands clean so the food won't stain my artwork.

But the one thing that I really can't stand is having egg whites on my hands. It's just icky and it's gross and I can't stand it. I make french toast from time to time and the only real way to make it is to just wash yoour hands and get them all slimy as you coat the bread in the egg whip.

That's NOT to say I hate getting dirty and filthy. Because I am not afraid to get soaking wet and filthy dirty. I just can't stand egg whites.

Sedaka
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2007, 2:43 am

MrMark wrote:
"Anyone hate getting food on their hands?"

Not as much as I hate getting s**t on my hands.

i lol'ed :)

got free science papers?

www.pubmed.gov
www.sciencedirect.com
http://highwire.stanford.edu/lists/freeart.dtl

calibaby
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

19 Jan 2007, 3:01 am

markaudette wrote:

Mostly I think the tendency comes from me being an artist and always having the impulse to keep my hands clean so the food won't stain my artwork.

YES.. that's my thing too. I am always washing my hands when i am sculpting.

Sehvekah
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

21 Jan 2007, 12:27 am

Food? No, not at all, provided two conditions are met: 1, It's my food and 2, I'm eating it. So long as those two things are true it doen't matter how messy, sloppy, sticky or greasy the food is, I'll happily keep munching away till I'm done. It's straight to the nearest sink to wash up afterwads though. Beyond that, I don't like having anything on my hands(especially sticky stuff, since it inevetably causes even more crap to stick to it), and am usually washing my hands at least hourly at work.

Immortal
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2007, 2:19 am

I hate getting *anything* on my hands, but the two textures in particular I cannot stand are sticky (Think pancake syrup.) and dry-powdery. (While the feeling of my hand in a whole bag of flour is pleasant, the feeling of flower, or cornstarch on my hands drives my nuts!)

Revenant
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2007, 7:19 am

I don't like getting food or anything sticky/wet/oily/fattay on my hands. Therefore, when eating burgers I only partially remove the wrapper paper so I avoid getting dressing or fat on my hands. When I lived with my mom earlier in my life, she would always wonder why I had these plastic bags on my hands when eating pancakes. Though I never did that when visitors were around...

MrMeaner
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Jan 2007, 10:42 am

only when it comes off dirty dishes..BLAH
if it's fresh clean food, i don't mind

prism97
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Jan 2007, 2:37 pm

me too. I avoid eating with my fingers (unless it is something non-gross like grapes or popcorn!). I only handle raw meat with disposable gloves & even then as infrequently as I can. I never lick my fingers & keep my hands & nails impeccable.