Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

AlexUK
Raven
Raven

17 Jan 2007, 6:27 pm

Ive always eaten and drank bland stuff yet they other day my Kidneys fealt shot to pieces and after an ambulance, doctor, tablets and mind numbing pain its Kidney stones.......Fair enough i can live with that. What i cant live with is having to use the phone to speak to the doctor and monday i have a hospital appointment for a big special x-ray. That ok except it involves people behind desks, waiting rooms, undressing...........And when i say im not looking foward to it all i get is "theres nothing to worry about". I know that,(health wise i know im fine).
HELL i even have to give up my day off to do all this mad NT stuff, ok so we still need health care but its the simple things that causes the most stress that none realises.

At least its all free over here in the UK (theres a lot to be said for the NHS)

Alex uk

Paula
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2007, 7:04 pm

Please make sure you get all this taken care of, these are your kidneys and you need them.You don't mess with kidney stones, or you end up with more pain, grief and possible surgery.Getting this all taken care of can avoid all this.

logitechdog
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2007, 7:11 pm

Alex if you’re talking about anxiety was the same when I was in hospital, just focus on the floor or something in your head or take a book to read, breathe from your diaphragm and not your chest...

SteveK
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2007, 7:14 pm

HOPEFULLY They can use a Lipotriptor. It SHOULD be a LOT simpler/faster. WHY are they giving you an XRAY if they already know it is kidney stones.

BTW Kidney stones are caused by things like excess calcium, so eating/drinking bland stuff won't necessarily reduce them.

Steve

AlexUK
Raven
Raven

17 Jan 2007, 7:26 pm

Bah ! !

Bad health is a mere distraction from my focus on my crusade through life ! !

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2007, 8:11 pm

Yeah, I wish I could deal with my doctor by e-mail.

Consider asking your doctor for some anti-anxiety meds like Atavan.