Page 1 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

layla87
Toucan
Toucan

02 Jun 2013, 9:37 pm

List one food texture you like and one you dislike if you have any :)

ie) I love the texture of whipped cream or frosted icing - especially if its icing that designed like flowers or a border or something,

2) I like Jello, but I dislike the texture cause I feel like its too soft and squishy and such

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2013, 9:48 pm

don't like slimy raw oysters or chewy snails, but love the creamy texture of condensed mushroom soups straight from the can or pudding.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2013, 10:38 pm

I think that quivering slimy seed-laden jelly in tomatoes is NASTY. but I surely love the mouthfeel of high butterfat chocolate ice cream, which is tied only with the mouthfeel of tender smoked salmon filets.

Forbidden_Donut
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Jun 2013, 11:10 pm

hate corn - cob and nibblet form

love the texture of over-done/slightly-burnt cheese on top of pizza; used to pick it off and save it for last as a kid 8)

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2013, 11:15 pm

I like tomato, but after I chop them I use the knife to remove the goop holding the seeds. That junk does not contribute to a meal. It's slimey and the water content makes cooking runny IMO.

As for texture I like, I'd go with a real good Mustard. Something like Grey Poupon Dijon or a good German/Bavarian style.

Also, a good Guacamole. The flavor of Avacodo and Cilantro with a dash of lime cascading on my taste buds. So good.

Gazelle
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2013, 11:55 pm

Most textures of food are alright and do dislike slimy texture of raw oysters.

I especially like the texture of tapioca pudding, regular pudding, ice cream, applesauce, and whipped topping.

Soham
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Jun 2013, 12:03 am

I also enjoy the texture of whip cream. Good quality dark chocolate is another one. Grapes, or even better frozen grapes. Good dense freshly baked bread, the fluffy inside is nice. I could go on and on about food textures I enjoy. I thoroughly enjoy textures, from tactile, to auditory, visual, to "mouth-feel" .

Textures I dislike....When I was younger I very much so disliked most vegetables and many other foods because of the crunchy texture like lettuce and carrots, it wasn't so much the taste. Which was hard when I was younger because my dad would make me eat what ever was being served for dinner, apparently my hysterical crying didn't convey that it bothered me :roll: . I can't really think of any food textures that bother me now, because I only eat what I like :) . And I've acquired a taste for more things.

Now that I am older, I am willing to try anything once when it comes to food.

Soham
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Jun 2013, 12:08 am

Gazelle wrote:
Most textures of food are alright and do dislike slimy texture of raw oysters.

I especially like the texture of tapioca pudding, regular pudding, ice cream, applesauce, and whipped topping.

Ah yes!....Tapioca pudding has a fantastic texture about it, so does rice pudding (very similar texture), but I think tapioca is the winner between those two. No doubt all kids played with their food at one point or another, but I would get lost in the textures and mouth feel of certain foods :lol:

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2013, 12:56 am

I don't like the texture of anything mushy unless it's mixed with something non-mushy. A mouth full of pudding or mashed potatoes will make me gag.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2013, 12:57 am

the runny whey that leeches out of yogurt that's been in the fridge a while, turns me off. but I love the dense rich smooth texture of greek-style yogurt.

Gazelle
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2013, 1:04 am

Cold grapes are great & like pomegranates. I like salsa, but dislike raw tomatoes in a salad. Also dislike mushrooms and it is the taste & texture I dislike.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2013, 1:09 am

green olives in both texture [rubbery and tacky] and flavor [acrid/sour/bitter] are nasty. creamy peanut butter mixed with margarine, yum :)

drewski56
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Jun 2013, 1:11 am

I LOVE food with little bits in it; tapioca, crunchy peanut butter, yogurt with bits of fruit, soup with rice in it, super pulpy orange juice.

I absolutely can not stand cooked carrots, all mushy when they should be crunchy. No good. I dislike mushy cooked vegetables in general but especially carrots.

drewski56
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Jun 2013, 1:13 am

auntblabby wrote:
the runny whey that leeches out of yogurt that's been in the fridge a while, turns me off. but I love the dense rich smooth texture of greek-style yogurt.

Yes! I always try and drain it out without looking. :roll:

jk1
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2013, 1:33 am

I like the plant-based jelly texture.

I dislike the mushy texture of old fruits (such as old watermelon, old apples etc).

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2013, 1:35 am

mushy brown bruised bananas, blech. room-temperature aged sharp cheddar cheese, what a delectable mouth feel.