Page 3 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Eloa
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2016, 12:33 pm

lasirena wrote:
Eloa wrote:
I am in the process to get assessed for Dissociative Identity Disorder next to being autistic, because I have no sense of self.
I wonder how autistic people score on the Dissociative Experiences Scale.
I think some issues relate to autism as not recognizing faces of friends (I don't know less about not recognizing family, but for me it is hard), but things as not recognizing your own face in the mirror should not be typical for autism I guess (but I do have difficulties with it).
This is the test Dissociative Experiences Scale:
http://counsellingresource.com/lib/quizzes/misc-tests/des/
My score is:

Total score of: 68
(30 or Above, Higher Association With DID)

I know that this test is not indicative for a real disorder, but I am in the process of assessment.
What is your score?

Hi Eloa, I don't know if you have other symptoms of DID but what you describe about not recognizing faces, including sometimes your own face in the mirror- this sounds very like prosopagnosia (not sure of spelling) also known as face blindness.
Just thought this might help with your assesment- good luck.

Hi lasirena,
this thread is almost 3 years old.
But I got assessed to be on the DID-spectrum next to autism quite recently, because the psychologist I went to at that time told me not to pursue assessment further for it, because it would be all symptoms of autism, so I stopped it but I felt that there was something else wrong and then started assessment again.

One should be able to recognize one's own face in the mirror and have a coherent feeling towards it.

English is not my native language, so I will very likely do mistakes in writing or understanding. My edits are due to corrections of mistakes, which I sometimes recognize just after submitting a text.

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2016, 2:11 pm

ZombieBrideXD
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2016, 2:42 pm

Woah seriously 39? :s Hm, unexpected.

DA: http://mephilesdark123.deviantart.com

choklado
Raven
Raven

19 May 2016, 12:29 am

My score was 16, what does that mean?

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2016, 12:47 am

^
It means you dont have it.

I got six. Also dont have it. Might be a head case in other ways, but not with this. Lol!

The disorder in question sounds like something akin to multiple personality disorder (Sybil,Three Faces of Eve, et all). The questions ask about things like loosing time, finding yourself in clothes you dont remember putting on, suddenly becoming a different person, watching yourself from the outside,etc.

thewheel
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 May 2016, 4:48 am

A surprisingly high 41, though it was mostly the more mundane dissociations that I think are part just awful memory and part defence mechanism.

Dan_Undiagnosed
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2020, 12:58 am

59 but I think a lot of those questions capture people who are more introverted daydreamers. Some of the more severe questions, like having people that you don't know call you by a different name or finding notes/drawings etc that you don't remember making, I almost always scored 0 on those and to me they seem to be more associated with actual DID.
Everybody "loses time" occasionally while driving for instance. I think I'm just a more severe example of the average. And having an active imagination, maybe I just compartmentalised a part of my personality in order to gain insight from what felt like another person because I didn't have anyone to talk to about certain things.
For almost 10 years of my life I was 100% certain I had autism and a negative diagnostic testing had a surprisingly negative impact on me when I was told I'm not on the spectrum. I'm a hypochondriac, regarding both physical and mental illnesses, so I'm not going to make the mistake of self diagnosis again and emotionally investing in an incorrect identity.

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2020, 7:29 am

New try: 30

Ravenclawgurl
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2020, 9:17 pm

Total score of: 42
(30 or Above, Higher Association With DID)

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2020, 10:03 pm

I have a total score of 30.

Udinaas
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2020, 10:44 pm

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2020, 10:59 pm

I'm not surprised that my score is what it is. I act very differently around my family than I do when I'm by myself or with my friends.

Benjamin the Donkey
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2020, 11:36 pm

I scored 66, which seems to be pretty high ..even though I gave a "never" response to several items. I'm very sure this is not the disorder for me...so I wonder if the results might be misleading when applied to autistic people

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2020, 6:58 am

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2020, 10:35 am

OkaySometimes
Raven
Raven

12 Dec 2020, 8:42 am

32 for me, which is odd. I agree with Benjamin above, I think that this particular test can give misleading scores for people on the autism spectrum. Many of the questions, while I could see the DID connection, also are applicable for many people with ASD as well, especially the Level 1/Aspie/HFA end of the spectrum.