Joint/Spine Problems?
Yes 86%  86%  [ 37 ]
No 14%  14%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 43

Schizpergers
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Jul 2013, 6:26 pm

I have hypermobility in my shoulders. When I was a kid I could hold my hands together and stretch my arms over my head all the way to my back. Now I tore the connective tissue and they come dislocated randomly. I have had physical therapy for this too. My thumbs are also double jointed but they don't cause me problems.

the_grand_autismo
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

06 Jul 2013, 7:09 pm

My entire family has joint problems but miraculously I (the only one with autism) don't. So far, that is. *crosses fingers*

The hypermobility and autism link is interesting for me since my younger sister is hyperflexible and she has some ASD traits (not enough to be diagnosable though) along with possible ADHD.

RagingShadow
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Jul 2013, 1:27 am

I have Chondromalchia patella which means I don't have enough cartilage between my knee and femurs which can cause severe pain (think bones grinding together so loud you can hear it sometimes) and my ankles and hips are sensitive enough that I know when it'll rain a few days in advance. I can also pop nearly every joint in and out of the socket on the right side of my body.

FishStickNick
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2013, 1:29 am

I don't have chronic joint pain, but my joints pop a lot, even when I'm just walking around the house. A couple family members are double-jointed; I am not, but I am quite flexible in any case.

Noetic
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2013, 2:00 am

Callista wrote:
Yup. Scoliosis and hypermobile joints.

Ditto

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2013, 6:10 pm

My biggest joint issue is when I can barely roll one when my dyspraxia acts up, which I suspect is highly correlated to my ASD symptoms. But lately, it could have been due to low blood sugar due to eating an ultra low carb diet.

birds
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

08 Jul 2013, 12:17 pm

OP, have you ever been evaluated for Ehlers-Danlos or Marfan syndrome? It's quite unusual for someone your age to have such extensive joint/spine issues.

I get joint pain from time to time, but nothing severe.