Page 2 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Lezoah
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 Jul 2013, 7:49 pm

skibum wrote:
Lezoah wrote:
I've been growing my hair out for over seven years. Being a guy with hair down to his waist tends to attract people's attention; it lets me see just how much people are fascinated by long hair (and people are indeed very fascinated by it).
There's been a whole slew of phases in my relationship with my hair. When I first started growing it long, I always wanted it to be pin straight, but the older I got, the more I started embracing its natural waviness.
Nowadays, I want to get it styled or shaped in some way to further complement my features, but the two major factors keeping me from doing that are the taboo against guys getting their hair done in a similar way to a woman's and the general anxiety of getting my hair cut. My hair's been a major time investment, and I've had a fear for a while of losing it.

I think you should go for it. A trim or a cut every now and then always makes the hair more healthy. I am sure you can find someone to give you a nice masculine long hair style as well. I think it would be a good experiment for you.

It's not my masculinity I'm concerned with, really. I like androgyneity, I just don't know how easy it'd be to find a hair stylist that would be understanding of this, especially considering I live in a more rural area.

RenegadeRaven
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Jul 2013, 8:14 pm

I really do not notice other people's hair except for one minor detail: seeing hair penetrating the ears or covering the ears. I have no idea why but I do not like the sight of it.

FishStickNick
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2013, 11:32 pm

Wow, I thought I was the only one with this fascination. But yes, I like to observe the different styles people wear, different textures, and so on. I have gotten caught staring at someone's hair before, so I do have to be careful with it.

RenegadeRaven wrote:
I really do not notice other people's hair except for one minor detail: seeing hair penetrating the ears or covering the ears. I have no idea why but I do not like the sight of it.

You wouldn't be able to stand me, then. :P My hair is fairly shaggy, and covers most of my ears..

RenegadeRaven
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Jul 2013, 11:40 pm

FishStickNick wrote:

RenegadeRaven wrote:

You wouldn't be able to stand me, then. :P My hair is fairly shaggy, and covers most of my ears..

Do not worry I have a Wahl Trimmer to fix that... :P

justkillingtime
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2013, 1:00 am

Patrick Stewart is a gorgeous bald man. Aside from that, I think healthy hair is one of the most beautiful things in the animal world. As a child, I spent hours combing my dolls' hair.

Eloah
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Jul 2013, 7:09 am

I've finally found another hair lover! Hooray!

I stare at hair all the time, but only of people I know. It's like I'm addicted to their hair and can't turn away. I love the light going through it, the colour, and the ends of their hair, or little bits that stick out of place.

I tend to get an uncontrollable urge to grab their hair, stick my face in it and smell it. I do it less often now because its inappropriate, but used to do it all the time when I was a kid.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2013, 7:09 am

Panddora wrote:
I always want to touch little boys hair when they have a crew cut but have to restrain myself after I got a very funny look from a colleague.

I love that velvety feel too. I love when my husband gets that haircut. I can't keep my hands off his head when he does!

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2013, 7:12 am

justkillingtime wrote:
Patrick Stewart is a gorgeous bald man. Aside from that, I think healthy hair is one of the most beautiful things in the animal world. As a child, I spent hours combing my dolls' hair.

Patrick Stewart is VERY handsome!

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2013, 7:15 am

Eloah wrote:
I've finally found another hair lover! Hooray!

I stare at hair all the time, but only of people I know. It's like I'm addicted to their hair and can't turn away. I love the light going through it, the colour, and the ends of their hair, or little bits that stick out of place.

I totally get that!! !

Eloah wrote:
I tend to get an uncontrollable urge to grab their hair, stick my face in it and smell it. I do it less often now because its inappropriate, but used to do it all the time when I was a kid.

I was laughing so hard when I read this part. I got a mental visual of you running around the mall or somewhere grabbing people by the hair and smelling it! LOL!! !! That would be hilarious!!

b9
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2013, 7:51 am

i do not like hair. it is especially unsavory when i get a hair in my mouth. i think everyone hates hairs in their mouth. it is a curious situation.
i think most animals have a resistance to having hairs in their mouth. there is something that is very deeply instinctive about wanting to find and evict a hair in one's mouth.

if i suspect the hair in my mouth is foreign, i will gag and almost rip my tongue out in order to excise it.
what if it is a hair from the greasy head of a turban wearing cab driver that is in my mouth?!

one can go berserk in reaction to the possibilities of who's hair it is.

when i look at other people's hair, i keep my mouth tightly shut in case one of their hairs enters it, so i have never complimented anyone on their hair because i would have to open my mouth to do so.

Eloah
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Jul 2013, 8:00 am

b9 wrote:
i do not like hair. it is especially unsavory when i get a hair in my mouth. i think everyone hates hairs in their mouth. it is a curious situation.

I used to suck my hair.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2013, 8:12 am

Eloah wrote:
b9 wrote:

I used to suck my hair.

what did you get out of it? if the hairs you sucked were still rooted in your head, then you could have easily removed them from your mouth. i was talking about dead errant hairs that have to be forensically searched for.

xarrid

25 Jul 2013, 8:57 am

Max000 wrote:
xarrid wrote:
Max000 wrote:
~snip~
Defiantly not a bald. I can't really imagine why any females would be attracted to bald guys, but I'm sure some find it attractive.

Hey, us bald guys need some lovin too :)

I think the women who fall in love with the bald guy either knew him before he was bald, or the bald guy (like myself) is comfortable in his own skin and the internal sexiness and self-confidence shines through! :)

Sorry about that. I was just stating my personal opinion. As I said I'm sure there are plenty of females who are attracted to bald guys. Hell, I'm sure there are plenty of males who have a fetish for bald women. :lol:

You never need to apologize for your opinions, especially not to me, and sorry if I made you feel you needed to. :)

To get back onto topic, I use to spin/twist my hair in my fingers for hours when I was younger, now that I've gone bald I spin/twist my wife's hair in my fingers at night. She enjoys it as much as I do, my wife has hair down past her waist.

Eloah
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Jul 2013, 8:58 am

b9 wrote:
Eloah wrote:
b9 wrote:

I used to suck my hair.

what did you get out of it? if the hairs you sucked were still rooted in your head, then you could have easily removed them from your mouth. i was talking about dead errant hairs that have to be forensically searched for.

I liked the taste. I'd also smell it afterwards too. Sounds disgusting now, but I used to do it all the time. The hair was still rooted to my head.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2013, 9:08 am

i do not think it disgusting. i just can not understand it.
i am going to bed very shortly, so do not bother to answer with haste.