Problems with remembering to take a shower etc.

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

HopefulFlower
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Jul 2013, 11:02 am

skibum wrote:
Shellfish wrote:
So, part of our daily routine in our household is that my son and daughter have a bath after dinner, every night, before bed. This has been his routine for 6 years - should I not then assume that he will do this on his own when he is older - a teenager?

If he is comfortable in this routine and not having any trouble with it now I imagine he should continue it as he gets older. Other people may be able to give you different insight but I think that if he is good with it now it is most likely comforting to him and as he gets older if the routine of his life does not change too much I imagine he should not have any trouble continuing to bathe.

I agree with this completely. I personally hit a depression episode and then my routine got messed up and I'm having trouble fixing that's all. But this thread should help me!

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2013, 11:10 am

I also keep baby wipes around and always use them when I use the toilet. That way even if I miss my shower that day I know that at least that area is clean. They even now have some that you can flush but I prefer to use the regular ones and I toss them in a plastic bag and tie up the bag and put that in the trash can.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2013, 11:39 am

I also recently bought a long hose water shower head with a button that you can press to stop the water flow and start it back up without changing the temperature or by turning the water on and off from the tap. I bought it to help keep the bill down so I could take navy showers, only running the water to rinse and not throughout the whole shower. They also have shower heads with soft rain like flows that conserve water also but those are good options if you are sensitive to the actual water hitting your skin. Or if you prefer a harder touch you can use a water massage setting. That can make it more comfortable or enjoyable.