Page 2 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

LoverOfDragons
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Jul 2013, 11:52 am

treblecake wrote:
LoverOfDragons wrote:
...some of those dreams will randomly involve me losing my teeth.

I have recurrent dreams of my teeth falling out, and yes they're horrible. I'll feel something in my mouth and then spit it out and it'll turn out to be a tooth and then shortly after that all my other teeth will fall out.

What I haven't had for a while is a lucid dream. When I was younger I used to have lucid dream quite often and I'd fly around which feels amazing in dreams. A few nights ago I was on the verge of lucid dreaming, I'd just realised how illogical the situation I was in was and I tried to remember how I got into the room and I had no prior memory, I was just about to think 'hey I'm in a dream', but then I woke up -_-

You know, I tend to have such dreams as well. It is indeed amazing. I love the idea of flying so I am happy when I'm flying in my dreams.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2013, 1:21 pm

treblecake wrote:
LoverOfDragons wrote:
...some of those dreams will randomly involve me losing my teeth.

I have recurrent dreams of my teeth falling out, and yes they're horrible. I'll feel something in my mouth and then spit it out and it'll turn out to be a tooth and then shortly after that all my other teeth will fall out.

What I haven't had for a while is a lucid dream. When I was younger I used to have lucid dream quite often and I'd fly around which feels amazing in dreams. A few nights ago I was on the verge of lucid dreaming, I'd just realised how illogical the situation I was in was and I tried to remember how I got into the room and I had no prior memory, I was just about to think 'hey I'm in a dream', but then I woke up -_-

I used to have those dreams where I could fly around without a plane too, just in my body. I loved it because I used to dream that I could get away from people and be safe and when I needed to feel safe I would fly really high and stay there and no one could get me. And even up to my early teen years I think I actually had a slight belief that I could possibly really do it.

savvyidentity
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Jul 2013, 1:29 pm

I always dream I'm on a train.. and in the dream I know where I'm going. There's usually a family member with me. It's an odd dream because if I was awake I wouldn't be able to tell you the destination the train has because it's not actually a place I know, just one where I know where I'm going in my dream (which can be different each time). I think it has to do with preoccupations about going places/doing things and partly to do with I can maybe hear trains in my sleep probably lol. They dreams usually go on a fair amount of time and never end with me getting off a train, and sometimes ending up with me stuck on a train or having got on the wrong one.

RenegadeRaven
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Jul 2013, 1:34 pm

I do not always dream when I sleep. When I do, they utterly make no sense at all. It is always random things/events that are unrelated to each other. Sometimes I am witnessing these events instead of interacting in the dream. As if I am watching a movie or other programming on TV. Then when I wake up I forget what occurred in my dreams.

savvyidentity
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Jul 2013, 1:46 pm

skibum wrote:
I used to have those dreams where I could fly around without a plane too, just in my body. I loved it because I used to dream that I could get away from people and be safe and when I needed to feel safe I would fly really high and stay there and no one could get me. And even up to my early teen years I think I actually had a slight belief that I could possibly really do it.

I once had a dream I could defy gravity and kind of levitate and do gymnastics in the air by the power of my mind. Lol.

savvyidentity
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Jul 2013, 1:57 pm

The weirdest dream I've had was actually a vivid and graphic nightmare that I could probably turn into some kind of book lol.

HopefulFlower
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Jul 2013, 2:02 pm

The weirdest dream I've had was reoccurring and I was a toddler (I don't know why I remember it) and dreamed of my toddler self beating up a baby and then knocking it down the staircase of my old home to it's death. ............. I find it weird that I would be a toddler and want to murder a baby. I wish I understood why I had it.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2013, 3:38 pm

The most peculiar dream I've ever had was about 2 years ago. It was about the end of the world, and I think I really learned from it how it would feel if we all knew the world was ending. Some parts in the dream weren't relavent to real life, but the plot of it and the emotion tied with it was. In the dream I was sitting at my grandmother's with my mum, dad, brother, auntie and cat. We were all waiting to die. The telly was on, so that we could keep an eye on what was going on. The whole of Europe was going to be bombed, and the news was saying where it was up to. When it said it had destroyed all of northern Europe, and was heading towards the UK, it got scarier. It took ages to get to the midlands, then was heading towards Essex. By then we kept seeing weird things, like the sky changing colour and the ground shaking. I kept on panicking, then feeling acceptance like saying, ''oh well, we're all going to go one day anyway'', then feeling all panicky again like ''oh my God I don't want to die!'' Then having mixed emotions like, ''I wish it would hurry up so we can get this over with!'' We then sat in a circle, waiting to die, and I was getting more and more impatient and nervous, thinking of all the things I could do with my life what I wouldn't be able to do. Then I said, ''oh I wish something came along to save us from this moment!'' - And then suddenly I woke up. It was quarter past 3 in the morning, and it took me a few seconds to work out whether it was a dream or not. Then I realised it was, and have never felt so relieved in all my life. Now each time I think of that dream I had, it makes me appreciate life a little more, and encourages me to get out there and do a little more with my life.

But the weirdest thing is........my grandfather was alive back then when I had that dream, and only a few months ago he had died, but he wasn't there at all in that dream..... 8O

Wycca
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

29 Jul 2013, 8:27 pm

I had an odd very vivid one not to long ago.

I was woken up in my dream by thunder from outside (not an unusual occurrence in the summer since I'm a light sleeper) but anyway after a couple more thunderclaps I looked over at the clock and it read something like 1 am or just a little after it I can't remember. Well then I rolled over and that's when I realized something was up because my mom's dog was snuggled up beside me as well as my dog. That's when I really got confused since I don't let my mom's dog in the room with me and my door is always shut at night. When I woke up again for real the other dog was no longer there and everyone swears there was no storm so I'm pretty sure it was just a very lucid dream.

I also had another one where my alarm clock went off I got up walked my dog walked back into the house and looked over at the microwave and realized it was 3 in the morning. So I muttered something along the lines of people need to stop messing with my clock before going back to sleep and waking up at the usual time.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2013, 8:32 pm

savvyidentity wrote:
The weirdest dream I've had was actually a vivid and graphic nightmare that I could probably turn into some kind of book lol.
That is peculiar! :)

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2013, 8:32 pm

I always had weird dreams back when I was on sleeping pills. I'm no longer on them, but since I've been playing the Fallout games a lot for the past weeks, I recently dreamt that I was a little kid and that deathclaws were after me. I also dreamt that the Chinese army invaded the school I went to.

Last edited by Kurgan on 29 Jul 2013, 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2013, 8:34 pm

HopefulFlower you changed your avatar pic. That is a great pic!

HopefulFlower
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Jul 2013, 9:01 pm

skibum wrote:

Thank you! :D I wanted to post one with my smile.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2013, 9:57 pm

HopefulFlower wrote:
skibum wrote:

Thank you! :D I wanted to post one with my smile.
And a beautiful smile it is! :)

siralexisalegend
Butterfly
Butterfly

29 Jul 2013, 10:11 pm

When i was around 10 years old i had a recurring dream where i was walking/running through a bright tunnel (google 3d tunnel game) and there was a very annoying repetitive sound. I believe i had that dream for a few months. i didnt dream the same dream all the time. sometimes i had the dream for a week sometimes just one night

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2013, 10:25 pm

I used to dream I was in a run down house that had a hidden tunnel entrance in it. I'd crawl into it and come out in another house that was like an immaculate mansion and the whole interior was like polished mahogany wood.

I periodically have "hidden doorway" elements in dreams. It's like being on a ride in a haunted house, just getting off the car, and pushing through the Employees door tucked away in the scenery. Maybe part of me wants to be "Lucid" and fails to achieve lucidity, but I know it's a dream and it's BS and I'm trying to get off the dream stage.