Page 4 of 5 [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2017, 5:35 pm

I've definately limited my social interactions in the last few years , I leave the house approx once or twice a week.

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2017, 8:57 pm

I hardly do. what about everyone else ?, I've pretty much come to dislike neurotypicals.. and.. Sadly just people in general.

every day, i obsessive compulsively leave the house for 10 or more hours.

yes, i dislike neurotypicals. (fine). but, in their defense, i do not know many autistics. so maybe if i knew more autistics, i would dislike the autistics as much or more as i dislike neurotypicals.

furthermore, i also dislike people in general. some of them once in a while, have positive things to offer. (fine). but, very rarely are they worth the energy that they act like they are worth.

in undergrad, i woke up around 7am usually. after undergrad, woke up later. now i wake up earlier.

my jail cell does not contain many things to do. if i stay inside too long, i do not burn enough calories.

likewise, getting fresh air. making financial transactions.

even when i leave the house, i do not often interact or otherwise talk to anyone. unless they approach me.

the older i get, the more i feel like why bother?

quite frankly, i feel like i am totally random.

precious little "people" treat me like i am stupid and trivial, a lot of the time. (they might be correct or justified). (fine).

however, precious little "people" usually act like they are smart and important. (by no stretch of the imagination could they be correct or justified.)

they just act like they are so much better than me.

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2017, 10:57 pm

It's unusual for me to leave my flat more than twice a week.Often it's only once to have my depot.

alpacka
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Apr 2017, 5:30 am

I force myself to walk around 30-40 min everyday, but I always want to stay inside. I do it strictly of health reasons.

JakeASD
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2017, 5:57 am

I try to leave the house at least once every day, but I only interact with others when I need to ask for directions or need to know where something is in a store. Unless I have known someone for years, I do not know how to reciprocate when communicating with other people. My mind is usually quite blank even when I am in my comfort zone at home, so spontaneity in social situations is laughably difficult for me. When someone tries to initiate a conversation with me, I usually laugh inappropriately or shrug my shoulders. I surmise that if I behaved in such a way 30-40 years ago, I would have been placed in some kind of institution for the intellectually challenged.

quaker
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2017, 7:02 am

I come from a very rich liniage of wanderers, and amblers that have autism. I am one that cannot settle at home. The only ceiling that I want under my head is the stars.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2017, 10:21 pm

I stay in my apartment, I have my cat & friends online, that is all I need. I go out once in awhile, I have to walk if I go out. It's a pain when I take out my trash.

Redxk
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2017, 10:34 pm

My therapist has warned me that I'm headed for real agoraphobia if I don't start tackling my anxiety about leaving the house.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2017, 10:39 pm

^^^^how 'bout if you could make yourself go out, you reward yourself somehow, like going out to a good restaurant, for example?

DancingCorpse
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2017, 11:13 pm

Often it is an act of titanic proportions just going out for some cardio or to the library or to my meetings, I have a bad time getting myself out and about, before my mental health worsened I found it tough but was around five times more competent at weathering the hailstones that are always pelting down if you have the disease called Outsiditis (lame I know lol). The thing is I like places outside that are quiet and strange so I hope I can improve my connection over the next decade as my path through life picks up and hopefully gives me the energy to dedicate to braving the big outdoors more, it is no picnic feeling battered by everything beyond the walls you have that provide protection from all you can't reliably handle dealing with.

Redxk
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2017, 2:21 am

auntblabby wrote:
^^^^how 'bout if you could make yourself go out, you reward yourself somehow, like going out to a good restaurant, for example?

I was able to do this tonight :)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2017, 2:29 am

Redxk wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

I was able to do this tonight :)

way to go, joe! :wtg: what eatery did you go to?

Farunel
Raven
Raven

02 Apr 2017, 2:42 am

Depends on what's available to me. Typically, no. I don't leave the house. There is not much of particular interest within walking distance, and what there is, I have been there far too many times to care about returning. Now, if someone is willing to take me somewhere, I WILL leave the house. I am not unwilling to get out, as long as there is good reasoning for it. I live in Oregon, so my inspiration is usually a good hiking trail.

Autisticbebop
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Apr 2017, 3:56 am

I never leave my house, unless someone invites me somewhere, and even then I probably wont leave unless the person is someone I particularly like, and the place they're inviting me to is quiet.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2017, 8:17 am

I pretty much just leave the house to buy booze. Sad, I know.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

02 Apr 2017, 8:55 am

My natural inclination is to not to, I have to fight against my instincts.