Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2013, 11:43 am

A comment in another thread, about not stimming in dreams, inspired this thread. I thought that was interesting.
I don't stim in my dreams. IRL eye contact is a big issue for me. but never in my dreams. IRL I never know what to say after "hi". In my dreams I usually talk easily to people and don't go silent for lack of things to say.
I don't think I've ever dreamt of sensory issues (but mine are pretty mild, so that's not too surprising).

I wonder if this is common. Are you your Aspie self in dreams?

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

savvyidentity
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Jul 2013, 11:57 am

I often dream about trains.. lol yay for cliche.

loveturn
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

28 Jul 2013, 12:18 pm

I am usually or absolutely NOT Aspie-like in my dreams or I am a thousand more Aspie-like than I actually am in real life. So the last things are more nightmares hehe, worst case scenario kind of dreams.

ParaSait
Raven
Raven

28 Jul 2013, 2:53 pm

savvyidentity wrote:

Yea my dreams also often involve trains... even though I'm not interested in em.

savvyidentity
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Jul 2013, 3:05 pm

ParaSait wrote:
savvyidentity wrote:

Yea my dreams also often involve trains... even though I'm not interested in em.

An interesting coincidence as I'm not so interested in trains at all either, but in general they are my favourite way to travel and they bring up the feeling that I'd like to just go somewhere and do something when I hear them etc. So hearing/seeing them is like an inward kind of hopeful feeling at times of something fun to do or remember trips I took on trains etc. Maybe that's why the dreams.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2013, 10:15 pm

Certain aspie women Im aquainted with sometimes figure in my dreams ( including some I only know online).

But aspergers itsself doesnt.

RoyalRed
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Jul 2013, 10:54 pm

I am normally like a superstar in my dreams everyone's paying attention to me. so not really no.
but idk if i have as or a asd.

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2013, 12:21 am

Yep. I had a dream last night where I was reenrolling in school/going through orientation. It was crowded, chaotic, with no set itinerary so I wandered about overwhelmed, lost, and late for everything. :mrgreen:

lasirena
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

29 Jul 2013, 12:21 am

Yes, in the sense that my dreams rarely feature people, and if they do they are vague. Whereas I notice objects, they are clear and detailed. I could describe, or even draw the things afterwards. There is not a great deal of plot to my dreams either. I'm always surprised to hear people's dreams, and they are " I did this, then this happened, then- etc"

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2013, 12:22 am

Do autistics dream of autistic sheep?

joejoe1298

29 Jul 2013, 12:30 am

I am not sure if I am Aspie like in my dreams. My dreams seem to be very visual, no matter what kind of dream it is, though.

vanhalenkurtz
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2013, 2:24 am

I think I made the comment about never stimming in my dreams. Curious topic of inquiry here. For the last 5 years, I have wondered about the dichotomy involved in how my severe social isolation in 'real life' produces, invariably, a correspondent / interlocutor in my dreams. Day to day, I talk to myself all the time; when I sleep, the conversation continues but always with a partner. Obviously I'm still talking to myself but why would I conjure someone to represent the internal discourse? I believe Attwood made the observation, show the autistic to their room, shut the door, & the autism is gone. Is that the dream life, a space where we make the planet right?

EQ: 6.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2013, 3:04 am

I don't stim or act any more awkward than usual in my dreams, but I also don't respond very differently to all the weird stimuli than my waking self might. Probably has a lot to do with why I don't remember most of my dreams.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

29 Jul 2013, 3:46 am

Sometimes I am autistic in my dreams, sometimes not. Sometimes I am significantly more autistic in my dreams.

I remember one dream I had several people from Wrong Planet and myself were in some kind of support group setting, but we spent most of the time there doing our own thing and ignoring each other.

foxfield
Toucan
Toucan

29 Jul 2013, 2:11 pm

I dream in really vague abstract concepts so its hard to say in my case.

There are very few visual details, I can't make eye contact as the people in my dreams dont have eyes.

Also there are no words or dialogue, so I cannot tell if I am being a good conversationalist or not!

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

29 Jul 2013, 2:28 pm

Verdandi wrote:
I remember one dream I had several people from Wrong Planet and myself were in some kind of support group setting, but we spent most of the time there doing our own thing and ignoring each other.

:lol:

I think people in dreams don't obey the complex rules they obey in real life. They just do what you expect them to. The exception to that is if you have a dream about social failure.