Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Mark198423
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2010, 8:04 pm

Anybody know anything about him or the company?

After searching for somebody to refer me to in relation to a diagnosis she's found that there are no such services in the area. The only places she could refer me to was Dr Digby Tantam and Liverpool Asperger Team, which she said were both private - so much for the NHS! :roll: I went on the Liverpool Team website which stated that you had to live in or go to, a doctor in the Liverpool area so that was straight out. Dr Tantam works at Dilemma Consultanty I found after a google search, but they mention nothing about diagnosis on their website and they're based in Leeds so I was wondering if anyone here has had any dealings with him/them, and if so what? Any information would be appreciated.

Hovis
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2010, 4:46 am

Professor Tantam was the doctor who diagnosed me. They are happy to see either children or adults. You need your GP to write a letter of referral for you to them, which mine was happy to do. I live in Lincoln and travelled to them in Leeds.

I spoke with him for around two hours and he wrote a report for me and my doctor afterwards; he felt that I was mildly affected, but was sure I had AS. The charge if I remember correctly was around £350.

Mark198423
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2010, 6:53 pm

Hovis wrote:
Professor Tantam was the doctor who diagnosed me. They are happy to see either children or adults. You need your GP to write a letter of referral for you to them, which mine was happy to do. I live in Lincoln and travelled to them in Leeds.

I spoke with him for around two hours and he wrote a report for me and my doctor afterwards; he felt that I was mildly affected, but was sure I had AS. The charge if I remember correctly was around £350.

Thanks for the info. How long ago did you go to him?

Nesf
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

10 Aug 2013, 12:31 pm

I got referred to him back in 1991 for therapy when I was having a rough time at uni and because my family suspected an eating disorder. the referral note from the GP stated that I needed to "find myself." I had 10 sessions with him but didn't go to my last one, entirely my fault. At that time, AS was not in the DSM and did not exist as a possible diagnosis. He mentioned no possible diagnosis of anything at all, not an eating disorder, nor anxiety or depression or anything. But just recently, having been diagnosed with AS, I found out that he had in fact diagnosed me with Social Phobia, without my knowledge.

I have often wondered, did he suspect I had AS? Would he have mentioned any possible diagnosis in my last session, had I gone to it? I will never know...