I have a wonderful experience (and new news) to share

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

FullTimeMom
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Jan 2007, 3:43 am

I took my son son, 7, to a California retreat program for parent and child (San Diego) that guarantees to make serious turn-arounds for autistic children and adults. I am pasting one of the lady's success stories below from her web site which is at:
http://superphonics.com .
Her name is Tracy and her phone number is 888-534-8886.

You have to qualify for the program and I'm sure the fees aren't higher anywhere else. I took my son to her three times a week before she moved to San Diego. She estimated it would take up to 20 hours but it took about 30 but to me, 500 hours to accomplish what we did would have been wonderful. The guarantee covered the extra hours which are unlimited.

My son had the classic symptoms... repetitive speech, little connectiveness, no real eye contact, no social skills, frequent meltdowns like the one in the success story below, even speech problems, and the list goes on. We got the 'turn-around' in all of these. This is truly a results program and I want to share it with all of you. Tracy assessed him first and I sat in and could clearly see she would be able to connect with him. I didn't know what kind of results she would achieve as far as his life external to her therapeutic program, but it was guaranteed, so I had to give it a try and I feel blessed as it was the just the miracle we needed. Now I'm here to tell you all to check this lady out even if you are in the UK!

I think with the retreat program, you can either stay at her home tutoring facility or a nearby motel/hotel, but don't quote me on that. Let me stress that she doesn't deal in 'coping with' and 'handling' autism, she deals in serious turn-arounds as in symptoms going away. My son came out into the real world and is doing well in all aspects now. Is he normal? For the most part her really is. The change is that big. He has very light tiffs and spurts of shyness but they seems more like a normal tiffs and shyness rather than symptomatic. It took a lot of work and endless patience that required my participation training, but at the end of thirty hours, which was about 10 weeks, we had a brand new future. I really wish to help other parents by letting them know about this. She also has a new group on www.meetup.com for the San Diego area, but anyone can join and post.

As mentioned, I'm pasting another success story below from Tracy Sherwood's web site at http://superphonics.com

" Ms. Sherwood cut through our 8-year old daughter's autism. Tammy would scream and cuss when she saw Santa Clause from twenty yards away. We took Tracy to the mal so she could see this for herself. We have a photo taken six days later of Tammy sitting on Santa's lap at the mal, with a smile on her face. And she began communicating and making sense. She learned to read small words, count, and draw pictures. All this, when just six months before, she spent her first several sessions under Tracy's table trying to hide. Tracy sat on the floor beside her, and the rest is history. This was in 1982. Tammy is surviving on her own with a little assistance from us. I wonder how she would be today if we hadn't found Tracy.

Kathy Nelson (Gaskin)
Bakersfield 1982

headphase
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2007, 4:22 am

I'm sorry, but I had to laugh about how she initially reacted to Santa Claus. This is because I can totally relate to being scared of approaching a fat stranger in a red suit and being forced to sit on his lap.

Welcome to WrongPlanet though!

ooohprettycolors
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Jan 2007, 9:29 am

As a child, i was smart enough to know that all the people dressed as Santa were fake Santas, because the real Santa doesn't let you see him. Therefore, I too was terrified of "Santa" and wouldn't go near him at the mall. Same with Disney characters in costume. Seriously, I think the neurotypic kids are acting more abnormal here if they think gigantic strangers in wierd costumes are their friends.

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

30 Jan 2007, 12:38 pm

I'm curious the website spells "aspergers" as "Asperger's" I wonder if
that is indicative of the understanding and help a kid will get? My guess
ones wallet is what will get treated to a weight loss program.

Quote:
I swiftly cut through learning disability barriers and with testing will know whether your child will make a complete turn-around - whether diagnosed with ADD, ADHD, Asperger's, autism, dyslexia, audio and visual dysorders or other..

Oh and disorders is miss-spelled maybe the person is dyslexic like myself who runs the program.

Sedaka
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2007, 9:50 pm

hmmm... /agree

hip hip hurray for scam spam! (the best kind!)

got free science papers?

www.pubmed.gov
www.sciencedirect.com
http://highwire.stanford.edu/lists/freeart.dtl