Pill for crowded meeting? (a question)

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

asp123
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

07 Oct 2013, 2:12 pm

Hello :)

Soon I am going to go on a Meeting where it is going to be alot of People. I know I am not going to make it, as my anxiety for People and New Places is to strong. But I want to ask my doctor if he should print a prescreption for some anxity-killing- sort of pill, or some relaxing pill like valium example... I'm only going to use it for that 1 time

I know my doctor will know the best, but I dont want no Meeting, I just talk over phone :)

Any ideas what pill do it best?

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2013, 4:16 pm

I find Chamomile capsules to be very good for that sort of thing. Its a non-Pharmaceutical herb and won't leave you feeling stoned.

You can buy it at any grocery store in teabag form, but you have to make it very strong as tea, like 4 teabags per 1 cup of tea and it's got a bit of a grassy flavor.

If you order it online in capsules, you can just take a couple with a glass of water. I've used it in situations where I had to deal with a fairly high volume of walk-in customers and helped keep my nerves from getting all jangly and keyed up. Good for several hours.

The Mental Health counselor who recommended it to me said it was equivalent to taking a couple of Xanax. I've never had Xanax, so I can't say, but the Chamomile works for me and I've recommended it to one friend who tends to have strong reactions to things like sedatives and it seemed to help them, too.

Samian
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Oct 2013, 1:13 am

Whatever you decide to do - try any medication at home around people you know before going public with it. ask if you can cut the pills to take smaller doses. sometimes half a tablet works better than the full dose.

Valium is not for everybody - it's safest to try it first before your meeting and see how it effects you.

Try exercising hard before your meeting (have a shower first!) it burns up a lot of nervous energy.

megahertz
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 Oct 2013, 8:21 am

Have you already tried anti-anxiety herbs? A few cups of tea made of hop and common St.-John's-wort will very likely calm you down. As those herbs taste very bitter, you should mix them with peppermint.

Let's say, as a household remedy against anxiety, you should try:
25% hop
25% St. John's
50% peppermint
One big cup of tea in the morning and another one before going to bed. :)

Codyrules37
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2013, 8:29 am

you can always tough it out. Before you enter the meeting say, "lets get this over with" that usually helps.