dr visit, being understood and progress

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

glasstoria
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Oct 2013, 10:34 pm

today I went for a follow up with my dr who understands ASD. I had a new nurse who I had never met, and I did not have a panic attack or obsess over the change, which is something that had happened in the past. So I was happy with myself for being able to observe my feelings about the new nurse without totally melting down over it.

my dr came into the room and the door made a bad squeaking sound and my dr apologized to me about it and said it must make my ears hurt. It was nice to be understood. I said it was a Halloween door. I think she will actually get someone to oil the hinges and fix it because she cares about her patients, and I love that about her.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2013, 11:07 am

glasstoria wrote:
today I went for a follow up with my dr who understands ASD. I had a new nurse who I had never met, and I did not have a panic attack or obsess over the change, which is something that had happened in the past. So I was happy with myself for being able to observe my feelings about the new nurse without totally melting down over it.

my dr came into the room and the door made a bad squeaking sound and my dr apologized to me about it and said it must make my ears hurt. It was nice to be understood. I said it was a Halloween door. I think she will actually get someone to oil the hinges and fix it because she cares about her patients, and I love that about her.

That is fabulous to hear. This should be normal, unfortunately it is rare. We are very fortunate.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

shrox
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2013, 11:26 am

Excellent!

Opi
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Oct 2013, 12:04 pm

i'm so happy to hear! we need our treaters so much and it's so scary when they don't get us or aren't supportive, and i truly love a doctor who has that truly caring attitude.

24 - HSP / ADD Quiz- 41, Inattention: 24, Hyperactive/Impulsive: 17
"Odd and different is beautiful" -- Tyra Banks