So, I've been treating myself with miraculous results.

Page 5 of 8 [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2013, 11:07 pm

Fnord wrote:
a person who really wanted to help would not hesitate to inform everyone of exactly what they did without holding anything back.

Yes.

RichardJ
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2013, 11:20 pm

Just looking at the title of this post I knew there would be an uproar., and my assumption was correct. This reminds me of all the teasing I got one thing I did wrong and there is an uproar.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2013, 12:45 am

Fnord wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Except for once I have avoided this thread bit I’ve really have had enough of this. If I was I company that had a quack product meant to scam autistic people I would go about marketing it pretty much the exact same way this person has. With a trait of being easily fooled by predators we are a enticing market to go after. Find the leading web site for autistics, promise hope, entice them with intellectual style writing, build a sense of mystery that preys on curiosity and desperation. The slowness of the “revelation” is needed for the autistic market to prevent overwhelming people on the spectrum...

You noticed that too, eh?

The part about the slowness of the "revelation" is what tipped me off - a person who really wanted to help would not hesitate to inform everyone of exactly what they did without holding anything back.

This is not too far removed from the tactics used by quack scientists - "iive made an amazing discovry that will change everthing curuntly asumed about sience the only cach is that i need funding for my reserch befor i can anounce it to the world you just hav to trust me ..." :roll:

ASPartOfMe wrote:
But like I said we are not good at reading people and real change has come from ‘outsiders”. So lets say I am wrong you have an actual cure that needs verification. Wrong planet does not have a lab, How about Autism Speaks, they are all about autism being a disorder and have lots of money to give you for research.

Some of us have money - disposable income, in fact. Unfortunately for the scam artists, those of us who have made our fortunes have developed an intuitive sense for scams - there just seems to be a certain emphasis on the emotional content in the scammers' sales pitches at the expense of any real information that virtually screams "You're being scammed!"

No peer review, no detailed procedures, no relevant references ... no proof of claim.

Nothing more to see; the claims of self-treatment with "miraculous results" are bogus and have no value.

[/thread]

I have taken marketing and marketing research courses and worked a bit for a marketing research firm plus just read numerous media reports about scams. While my aspergeres may mean I am not good at practicing some of it I still have the knowledge. Also knowing Im vulnerable and social naive one on one have made me vigilant about these things. I wanted to stand up to this person for a few weeks but this guy is sly. He was hijacking threads and I did not want to further the thread hijacking.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Last edited by ASPartOfMe on 27 Oct 2013, 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

bumble
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2013, 1:29 am

Adamantium wrote:
Fnord wrote:
a person who really wanted to help would not hesitate to inform everyone of exactly what they did without holding anything back.

Yes.

That is a good point. If I find something helpful I keep telling people in the hopes it will help them too. Unfortunately though it is not wise as people think you are bragging and hate you for you it. It has gotten me socially ridiculed so I don't try to help anymore. I just keep it to myself now.

I also do not need the OP's method. Firstly my ASD like symptoms have been with me for so long that I feel them to be a part of my temperament/personality/identity rather than being some illness I was inflicted with (I have always been the way I am, I have never known myself be any other way..it is not as though I was once different or that I came down with my symptoms like you come down with the flu and now want to get rid of them. I'd prefer it if society accepted me as an individual with my own personal set of skills instead).

Secondly I did have some physical health problems but I managed to get rid of those by using a combination of the paleo diet (a well known diet with plenty of information available to people on the internet if they wish to google it), exercise, various other life style changes (coming off medications, reducing the number of chemicals I use, staying away from food additives/preservatives/artificial sweeteners etc) and so on (details always available to those who want them if they are not going to accuse me of thinking it makes me superior or some bollocks because I won't do drugs or get drunk and stuff).

In short I am happy with my own method as at least in terms of my physical difficulties it seems to be working.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2013, 1:50 am

^^Ummm, yeah.. except I'm not selling anything & I don't want your money. I'm giving something away to be helpful, "paying it forward," and all that. I simply have a VERY busy life right now and it's difficult to make the time to work on writing this up right. I'll get it done when I get it done and I'll share it just as soon as it's done. Then you can read it and judge it for yourselves vs. jumping to conclusions and making assumptions about me or what it is I've learned and have to say about all of this.

bumble
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2013, 1:51 am

JSBACHlover wrote:
As an Aspie, I cannot tell if he's sincere or not.

If it is in fact a diet, I hope it contains lots of red meat and fatty cheeses.

If it is anything like the paleo diet then Cheese might be out but fatty meat (if it is organic) is definitely a go!

On saying that, some people who are paleo do continue to consume dairy. I adapted my paleo diet to suit my preferences and lifestyle and so I will on occasion consume goats dairy including some fatty goats cheese (I tend to mostly avoid cows dairy as it gives me acid gut where as goat dairy does not).

There are variations of the paleo diet if anyone wanted to try it...Google has a lot of information. It is also known as the caveman diet or the hunter gatherer diet.

Also there is the primal eating plan which is similar. People can find out about that here: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/

It wont necessarily get rid of ASD symptoms though, but I did find it helpful for physical health problems such as improving my sleep, getting rid of fatigue and eradicating stomach upsets etc. I do actually feel very physically well on the diet even if I am still having a horrible time finding friends and am feeling frustrated over that.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2013, 4:11 am

bumble wrote:
Adamantium wrote:
Fnord wrote:

Yes.

That is a good point. If I find something helpful I keep telling people in the hopes it will help them too. Unfortunately though it is not wise as people think you are bragging and hate you for you it. It has gotten me socially ridiculed so I don't try to help anymore. I just keep it to myself now.

I also do not need the OP's method. Firstly my ASD like symptoms have been with me for so long that I feel them to be a part of my temperament/personality/identity rather than being some illness I was inflicted with (I have always been the way I am, I have never known myself be any other way..it is not as though I was once different or that I came down with my symptoms like you come down with the flu and now want to get rid of them. I'd prefer it if society accepted me as an individual with my own personal set of skills instead).

Secondly I did have some physical health problems but I managed to get rid of those by using a combination of the paleo diet (a well known diet with plenty of information available to people on the internet if they wish to google it), exercise, various other life style changes (coming off medications, reducing the number of chemicals I use, staying away from food additives/preservatives/artificial sweeteners etc) and so on (details always available to those who want them if they are not going to accuse me of thinking it makes me superior or some bollocks because I won't do drugs or get drunk and stuff).

In short I am happy with my own method as at least in terms of my physical difficulties it seems to be working.

Getting off topic: You were very down when I first came on to this site in late August. I am glad you are feeling physical better and saying positive things about yourself. We are here because we have some big problems so negative feelings are expected and needs to be expressed but nice things are good to balance it out.

More on topic when a "cure" does arrive unexpected results in people who have been aspie and become suddenly neurotypical is something to think about. But if people want a "cure" I am all for people having the option to have it. The only thing I worry about is that people who do not want it will be told by society that they are in denial or obstructionists and their insurance will be dropped or even worse they will be institutionalized.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2013, 9:33 pm

^cosigned on that last post about Bumble.. her diet & exercise have definitely improved her mindset.

Just stopping by to say I hammered out another page on my lunch breaks the last couple days. I'll try to keep doing that to get it done bit by bit. 9 hours work today, then did some fundraising work (for my critically injured ex-coworker who's in a medically induced coma w/ shattered pelvis & ribcage and punctured lungs etc after being run through a wall by an F-350 in a freak accident that wasn't the driver's fault because he was punched out cold by some guy.) by phone/internet while sitting in a traffic jam, more when I got in, and now getting cleaned up and flying out the door to head downtown to Vancouver's newest & coolest looking night club (Fan club) to see a high school friend perform w/ some female singer I've never heard of. Just saying... I'm working on this - I'm just straight up legitimately SMOKING busy & burning the candle at both ends every single day. But bit by bit I'll get it done, even if it means inhaling my food & hammering out 1/2 a page a day on lunch breaks.

andrewlavigne
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Oct 2013, 10:26 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
^cosigned on that last post about Bumble.. her diet & exercise have definitely improved her mindset.

Just stopping by to say I hammered out another page on my lunch breaks the last couple days. I'll try to keep doing that to get it done bit by bit. 9 hours work today, then did some fundraising work (for my critically injured ex-coworker who's in a medically induced coma w/ shattered pelvis & ribcage and punctured lungs etc after being run through a wall by an F-350 in a freak accident that wasn't the driver's fault because he was punched out cold by some guy.) by phone/internet while sitting in a traffic jam, more when I got in, and now getting cleaned up and flying out the door to head downtown to Vancouver's newest & coolest looking night club (Fan club) to see a high school friend perform w/ some female singer I've never heard of. Just saying... I'm working on this - I'm just straight up legitimately SMOKING busy & burning the candle at both ends every single day. But bit by bit I'll get it done, even if it means inhaling my food & hammering out 1/2 a page a day on lunch breaks.

I don't think anybody here would resent it if you posted what you've got done each day. I've been following this thread and every single person is skeptical of your claims. You keep saying you don't want money and you're working on it, but I doubt anybody will stay interested long enough for you to finish typing up your miracle cure during traffic stops. Why not post what you have each day? If you can help people with what you have to say and you keep advertising as such, then you owe it to the people here to tell them the little bit of what you know that you can offer each day. The people here are not stupid. This means (a) they won't wait around for your BS much longer and (b) they're not going to be harmed by piecemeal information.

realityIs
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

30 Oct 2013, 4:23 am

This thread reminds me of "the most significant English language play of the 20th century" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waiting_for_Godot

Well in that play someone, and not something as here, is supposed to come but never does.

Anyway, I liked that play but actually think the stuff people write on this site in the course of their lives is just as important culturally, if not more, as it was.

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2013, 6:02 am

andrewlavigne wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

I don't think anybody here would resent it if you posted what you've got done each day. I've been following this thread and every single person is skeptical of your claims. You keep saying you don't want money and you're working on it, but I doubt anybody will stay interested long enough for you to finish typing up your miracle cure during traffic stops. Why not post what you have each day? If you can help people with what you have to say and you keep advertising as such, then you owe it to the people here to tell them the little bit of what you know that you can offer each day. The people here are not stupid. This means (a) they won't wait around for your BS much longer and (b) they're not going to be harmed by piecemeal information.

I agree with this. Despite an unfortunate resemblance to scammer methodology I doubt the OP will ask for money at any point. Instead I suspect the OP is a perfectionist and doesn't want to release anything until every last detail is explained. OP- this is a bad idea. Waiting until completion is not a good strategy because for every day that you say "still working on it", another poster probably just decides whatever you have is nonsense. Holding back the details until a PDF file is completed just means that more and more people think it is all nonsense and bluff. A far better strategy would be the one suggested above of releasing information piecemeal as you complete it. Posting what you have so far and then posting pages as you write them would be better than waiting till you are done. It would also be helpful to have a one paragraph summary. It really is possible to summarize things that briefly. You've already given the one sentence summary that "It's mostly diet" so adding a couple more sentences should be doable.

Don't wait till it is finished. On this forum at least, the value of the information actually degrades each time you say "almost". So either stop posting about it altogether until done or release the already completed pages. Otherwise you lose your intended audience.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2013, 8:16 am

If I post it piecemeal it's going to be a major pita for anyone to read as they'll have to sift through a thread forever in order to find all of my posts and put the story & diet/treatment regiment together, all split up by others posts/questions/comments and my responses etc. That, IMO, would be a pita way to read any info.

And somehow I doubt regulars on this forum who've been around here for years are going to leave the forum if I don't post piecemeal info today. Once I post it, regardless of when and how, it'll be up to each person whether they want to click and read or not. Even if they're annoyed that I took so long, chances are pretty solid that they'll be curious enough to click - even if just to have a look and, "prove me wrong," so to speak because they're skeptical that I've achieved what I've claimed.

People will read it. Just be patient. I'm doing what I can when I can.

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2013, 8:57 am

But they better act quickly as soon as he does, because this offer is only available to the first one hundred readers..... :roll:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2013, 9:47 am

goldfish21 wrote:
I'm doing what I can when I can.

x < 0

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

andrewlavigne
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Oct 2013, 9:57 am

If goldfish' signature is any indication, his panacea is going to be an Eckhart Tolle book.

I can't wait to tell my schizophrenic crack head uncle that he just needs an attitude adjustment.

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2013, 10:37 am

goldfish21 wrote:
If I post it piecemeal it's going to be a major pita for anyone to read as they'll have to sift through a thread forever in order to find all of my posts and put the story & diet/treatment regiment together, all split up by others posts/questions/comments and my responses etc. That, IMO, would be a pita way to read any info.

That is not a pita way to read information at all. Since the invention of the internet it is a very common way to read information. Informational websites are not linear so anybody who gets information from a website is already accomplished in piecing together non-linear information. Even before the invention of the internet people didn't necessarily read informational books and magazines in exact order. People really don't need it to be linear. WP isn't linear (no website is). People are quite used to non-linear info. This just sounds like stalling.

Quote:
And somehow I doubt regulars on this forum who've been around here for years are going to leave the forum if I don't post piecemeal info today.

Nobody will leave the forum. But the longer you post about this without releasing any details, the less plausible it becomes. That's what I meant by information degradation.

Quote:
Once I post it, regardless of when and how, it'll be up to each person whether they want to click and read or not. Even if they're annoyed that I took so long, chances are pretty solid that they'll be curious enough to click - even if just to have a look and, "prove me wrong," so to speak because they're skeptical that I've achieved what I've claimed.

Quite likely true. The penultimate PDF will probably be clicked on even if only to be argued with. But don't you want people to actually try this? The longer you drag it out, the less likely people who have followed the saga are to try it out. It doesn't really matter if it worked for you. What matters to somebody who is considering trying it is that it might work for them. What you have going here is a version of The Boy Who Cried Wolf. The longer you delay, the less plausible your protocol becomes unless a poster is unaware of the history of this and similar threads. If you want people to take it seriously when you finally do post it, it would be a good idea to stop saying "I'm working on it". Saying that just makes it seem progressively less plausible.

Quote:
People will read it. Just be patient. I'm doing what I can when I can.

You really could post what you already have. It will not confuse anybody since getting information in a non-linear fashion is the norm these days. But you won't. My patience just ended.