Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

ketchup
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 Mar 2014, 6:10 am

Hi all,

I am one of the directors of a not for profit community project which connects individuals with a range of disabilities with horses and nature. Our mission is to provide therapy, healing and education to individuals and families through activities with our fabulous horses.
As we are in the process of expanding (to hopefully help more people by involving a variety of animals and better all weather facilities) I am consulting the wider community as well as our local one so we can provide the best possible service.
We would like to know:

1) If you/your child/someone you know might be interested in such a project?

2) Which current facilities would you be most interested in and are there any additional outdoor activities you would like to see included? Our horsey activities are all non-ridden and tailored specifically to the needs and aims of the service user. They include: Horse care & handling, Totem Reiki & energy healing, personal development & exploration. We also provide programmes supporting families and support workers, are creating a nature trail and sensory garden and intend to add a small animal section.

3) Are there special requirements that would make your visit easier? What could we do to make our environment as friendly as possible to the person you know who has autism?

Thank you for your time, your answers will help us to improve as we grow so we can make a really fantastic service :)

Alyosha
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Mar 2014, 6:20 am

I had horse therapy as a kid. It made me mad that everything I did was therapy, but for other kids they were activities.

For me it's horse therapy, for them it's horse riding lessons. Really made me mad.