THIS is how I've been treating myself w/ miraculous results.

Page 11 of 13 [ 201 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

grahamguitarman
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Dec 2013, 2:40 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
The article in the link below is particularly informative about specific probiotics missing in Autistics:

http://www.theprovince.com/health/Gastr ... story.html

I also find it interesting that not one single person has made a comment on this article that I highlighted in the links - an article about scientific proof that there are specific probiotic bacteria commonly missing in the guts of Autistics, further proving the gut flora-brain correlation & potential causation of Autism.

That's because most of us can't be bothered to wade through all your links. If you can't convince us that your 'cure' is valid yourself, then why should we read the mountain of stuff that you have linked to. I for one do not wish to turn my brain to jelly reading hundreds of pages of new age mystical crap and herbal pseudo science.

The more you call people out for not trying your diet, the more you alienate the very people you are trying to convince. The way you keep banging on about it is just like some kind of religious fanaticism, where everyone else is an unbeliever to be browbeaten until they convert to your beliefs.

Diet is an important part of anyones health, NT or autistic, it can have a huge effect on wellbeing and mental health - it cannot cure autism though. It is possible that your candidiasis caused some autism like side effects, but that does not mean you had autism.

The very fact that you state that you had every single symptom in tony attwood's book sounds more like hypochondria than autism. It is impossible to have every single symptom (how do you have hyper sensitivity and hypo sensitivity at the same time?).

The whole point of the spectrum is that it covers a wide range of symptoms - many of which are contradictory to each other. You simply cannot have every single trait. But if you have a certain percentage of the symptoms from each grouping, then you are probably autistic.

I have Autism. My communication difficulties mean that I sometimes get words wrong, that what I mean is not what comes out.

Tuttle
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2013, 2:49 pm

grahamguitarman wrote:
(how do you have hyper sensitivity and hypo sensitivity at the same time?).

I actually do have sensory hypersensitivity and sensory hyposensitivity at the same time, that one is possible. Frequently when that occurs its people being hypersensitive to some senses and hyposensitive to others. In more complex cases, like me and someone I know though, you actually can get someone who in a single sense is both hypersensitive and hyposensitive. We're kinda hard for a lot of people to imagine.

Ignoring the sensory part of it (which I happen to have a lot of knowledge about, know how complicated and contradictory people can seem, and am obsessed with being correct about), I understand the point you're trying to make though. I don't remember which book is which, but I do remember contradictory symptoms about speech, some of which would only seem contradictory, and some of which are actually contradictory.

grahamguitarman
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Dec 2013, 2:59 pm

Tuttle wrote:
grahamguitarman wrote:
(how do you have hyper sensitivity and hypo sensitivity at the same time?).

I actually do have sensory hypersensitivity and sensory hyposensitivity at the same time, that one is possible. Frequently when that occurs its people being hypersensitive to some senses and hyposensitive to others. In more complex cases, like me and someone I know though, you actually can get someone who in a single sense is both hypersensitive and hyposensitive. We're kinda hard for a lot of people to imagine.

Ignoring the sensory part of it (which I happen to have a lot of knowledge about, know how complicated and contradictory people can seem, and am obsessed with being correct about), I understand the point you're trying to make though. I don't remember which book is which, but I do remember contradictory symptoms about speech, some of which would only seem contradictory, and some of which are actually contradictory.

No offence but that is definitely strange! I've never heard of anyone being hypo and hyper sensitive in one sense at the same time. I'm not trying to contradict you by the way, I'm sure that your symptoms are real enough (I have some strange symptoms too). I've always found it odd that even though I have been diagnosed as having 35% upper frequency hearing loss in both ears, I can actually hear in far more detail than people with perfect hearing - because of my hypersensitivity.

I have Autism. My communication difficulties mean that I sometimes get words wrong, that what I mean is not what comes out.

delaSHANE
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2013, 12:40 pm

I have hyper and hypo sensory processing issues, as well, however, most of my symptoms from sensory processing disorder were in fact relieved, significantly by the affects of the same diet/detox that goldfish is doing, at this time. The detox caused significant life altering changes, in my case and the following is a list of symptoms that were affected, either lessened/relieved, significantly, or have been eliminated, completely:

1. Eczema - Eliminated
2. GI issues - Eliminated
3. Lethargy - Eliminated
4. Brain Fog - Eliminated
5. Sinus Infections - Eliminated
6. Iron Deficiency - Eliminated
7. Mood Issues - Eliminated
8. Hip and Shoulder Pain from sports injuries - Eliminated
9. Anxiety/Panic Attack's - Eliminated
10. Basic Anxiety - Significantly Relieved
11. Sensory Processing Issues - Significantly Relieved various hypersensitivities/Completely Eliminated hypo-auditory issues.
12. Weight Loss - Completely Normalized and Stabilized Weight
13. Cognitive Abilities are now off the chain. For the first time in my life, I could focus when conversing with someone, face to face, to the point where, not only do I possess the ability to take in all details of the topic at hand, but, for the first time in my life, I got sheer enjoyment out of a face to face conversation with another human. That has been one of the most intensely felt experiences of my life, in fact.
14. Meltdowns - Lessened Significantly
15. Happy/Relaxed State of mind, most of the time
16. Tics - -both Significantly Relieved and Completely Eliminated
17. Flexibility - Significant Increase
18. OCD Symptoms - Significantly Less Severe
19. Executive Functioning Abilities-Restored

edit: (There were less significant issues/ailments that have been relieved/eliminated by the detox/diet, that I may have neglected to list).

I am doing a modified version of the diet, at this time. To reacquire peak mental performance, as my brain has been a bit sluggish in recent weeks, and I know how much diet plays a part in my over-all well-being.

My official Diagnosis, by the way, is Asperger Syndrome.

Last edited by delaSHANE on 05 Dec 2013, 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

04 Dec 2013, 4:54 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
That's why we have our own 5 senses to experience and observe things.

Our senses SUCK. See also: that list I just made of crap that people have convinced themselves is real, even though it isn't.
ie Try it for yourself and find out vs. make up every reason you can imagine why it won't.

Quote:
There are also many books on depression & depressive thinking

I don't have depression right now m8. I'm in a pretty great place.

Quote:
jumping to conclusions,

Pot.
Quote:
making assumptions
Kettle

Quote:
Or you could just try it for a couple weeks and prove or disprove what I've said.

Except that wouldn't prove or disprove what you've said.

That would give us a sample size of two. That is not enough to determine whether something is happening by chance or not with any degre of certainty. We would need a sample size of at least seven- and even that is dodgy. We'd also need a double-blind control against a "sham" dietary regime that is similarly invasive and bizarre but you don't think will work.

I've already explained regression to the mean to you. You were at a low point, you got better. I'm at a high point, I'll get worse.

Pretty much every cure/"cure" doesn't work for everyone. Some people are allergic to ibuprofen and paracetamol, some people have tolerance to morphine. Some people are diabetic, some are celiac, some are lactose intolerant. It stands to reason that in the extremely unlikely event that you are the only person to come up with a successful dietary treatment for autism (and not one of the dozens to come up with one that doesn't work), there will still be some people that your treatment doesn't work for.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2013, 9:20 pm

delaSHANE wrote:
I have hyper and hypo sensory processing issues, as well, however, most of my symptoms from sensory processing disorder were in fact relieved, significantly by the affects of the same diet/detox that goldfish is doing, at this time. The detox caused significant life altering changes, in my case and the following is a list of symptoms that were affected, either lessened/relieved, significantly, or have been eliminated, completely:

1. Eczema - Eliminated
2. GI issues - Eliminated
3. Lethargy - Eliminated
4. Brain Fog - Eliminated
5. Sinus Infections - Eliminated
6. Iron Deficiency - Eliminated
7. Mood Issues - Eliminated
8. Hip and Shoulder Pain from sports injuries - Eliminated
9. Anxiety/Panic Attack's - Eliminated
10. Basic Anxiety - Significantly Relieved
11. Sensory Processing Issues - Significantly Relieved various hypersensitivities/Completely Eliminated hypo-auditory issues.
12. Weight Loss - Completely Normalized and Stabilized Weight
13. Cognitive Abilities are now off the chain. For the first time in my life, I could focus when conversing with someone, face to face, to the point where, not only do I possess the ability to take in all details of the topic at hand, but, for the first time in my life, I got sheer enjoyment out of a face to face conversation with another human. That has been one of the most intensely felt experiences of my life, in fact.
14. Meltdowns - Lessened Significantly
15. Happy/Relaxed State of mind, most of the time
16. Tics - -both Significantly Relieved and Completely Eliminated
17. Flexibility - Significant Increase
18. OCD Symptoms - Significantly Less Severe

edit: (There were less significant issues/ailments that have been relieved/eliminated by the detox/diet, that I may have neglected to list).

I am doing a modified version of the diet, at this time. To reacquire peak mental performance, as my brain has been a bit sluggish in recent weeks, and I know how much diet plays a part in my over-all well-being.

My official Diagnosis, by the way, is Asperger Syndrome.

This girl right here gets it, as she's had a similar experience to my own. 8)

Last edited by goldfish21 on 04 Dec 2013, 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2013, 9:28 pm

The_Walrus wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
That's why we have our own 5 senses to experience and observe things.

Our senses SUCK. See also: that list I just made of crap that people have convinced themselves is real, even though it isn't.
ie Try it for yourself and find out vs. make up every reason you can imagine why it won't.

Quote:
There are also many books on depression & depressive thinking

I don't have depression right now m8. I'm in a pretty great place.

Quote:
jumping to conclusions,

Pot.
Quote:
making assumptions
Kettle

Quote:
Or you could just try it for a couple weeks and prove or disprove what I've said.

Except that wouldn't prove or disprove what you've said.

That would give us a sample size of two. That is not enough to determine whether something is happening by chance or not with any degre of certainty. We would need a sample size of at least seven- and even that is dodgy. We'd also need a double-blind control against a "sham" dietary regime that is similarly invasive and bizarre but you don't think will work.

I've already explained regression to the mean to you. You were at a low point, you got better. I'm at a high point, I'll get worse.

Pretty much every cure/"cure" doesn't work for everyone. Some people are allergic to ibuprofen and paracetamol, some people have tolerance to morphine. Some people are diabetic, some are celiac, some are lactose intolerant. It stands to reason that in the extremely unlikely event that you are the only person to come up with a successful dietary treatment for autism (and not one of the dozens to come up with one that doesn't work), there will still be some people that your treatment doesn't work for.

Blah blah blah a bunch of depressed thoughts and baseless negativity & cynicism about things not working that you haven't even tried and thus have no idea in reality whether they'd work for you or not.

I really dislike "ageism," because when I graduated from business school when I was 19 I was quite frustrated with potential employers/new employers not taking me seriously & discounting what I had to contribute based on my age.. buuuut, "Age: 18" = I've got 13 years of living with symptoms & learning on you. You've got a lot to learn yet. It's not your fault, you're just simply not old enough, mature enough, wise enough yet to be open minded enough to accept the possibility that some things you don't currently believe are in fact very real.

Nonperson
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2013, 10:13 pm

I just skimmed this and may have missed some things, but it's interesting, especially in light of the fact that I've been on a low-carb diet for the last several years and had the impression it was reducing my symptoms quite a bit, though I also thought it was possible I was just "outgrowing" them. I tried adding the carbs back recently and had several extreme meltdowns - more in a week than in the last three years. I felt out of control, anxious and just plain crazy.

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2013, 11:04 pm

I found the account of your conviction that you had a dental problem and sense of loss when this theory was conclusively disproved by clinicians quite interesting.

I was dismayed (but not surprised) to see you raise the study of the iris as a diagnostic technique. Iridology is utter nonsense--right on par with phrenology and the four humors as non-scientific non-medicine. So we have a condition diagnosed by reading a few books cured by a treatment confirmed with careful examination of the iris...

This is about what I expected. I am glad you are feeling good.
I don't believe in the validity of your self diagnosis, or in the efficacy of the regimen you have been following. This does seem exactly like the placebo effect to me. This is not to say that you haven't experienced anything, but rather that the placebo effect is very powerful.

So I am glad that you are happy and well and I don't trust you ideas or testimony in the least degree.

Live long and prosper.

http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/iridology/
http://www.healthwatcher.net/Quackerywatch/Iridology/
http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRel ... sions.html

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2013, 11:34 pm

Nonperson wrote:
I just skimmed this and may have missed some things, but it's interesting, especially in light of the fact that I've been on a low-carb diet for the last several years and had the impression it was reducing my symptoms quite a bit, though I also thought it was possible I was just "outgrowing" them. I tried adding the carbs back recently and had several extreme meltdowns - more in a week than in the last three years. I felt out of control, anxious and just plain crazy.

Glad to hear that - not that you felt out of control, but rather that your symptoms have benefitted from going low carb.

Do read it in detail when you get the chance, there very well may be info in there that changes your life for the better as it has mine - especially if it results in you diagnosing and treating an intestinal infection as I've been dealing with. Feel free to pm about any of this if you like.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2013, 11:40 pm

Adamantium wrote:
I found the account of your conviction that you had a dental problem and sense of loss when this theory was conclusively disproved by clinicians quite interesting.

I was dismayed (but not surprised) to see you raise the study of the iris as a diagnostic technique. Iridology is utter nonsense--right on par with phrenology and the four humors as non-scientific non-medicine. So we have a condition diagnosed by reading a few books cured by a treatment confirmed with careful examination of the iris...

This is about what I expected. I am glad you are feeling good.
I don't believe in the validity of your self diagnosis, or in the efficacy of the regimen you have been following. This does seem exactly like the placebo effect to me. This is not to say that you haven't experienced anything, but rather that the placebo effect is very powerful.

So I am glad that you are happy and well and I don't trust you ideas or testimony in the least degree.

Live long and prosper.

http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/iridology/
http://www.healthwatcher.net/Quackerywatch/Iridology/
http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRel ... sions.html

why is the dental red herring interesting? At that point it was the most likely culprit, so of course I was frustrated with it not being the case - because I thought that if it was it could be dealt with and I could be back to better health sooner rather than later. Fortunately it didn't take too much longer to get to the root cause of things.

You can think what you will of iridology. Afaik, it's used as a rough diagnosis technique. I used it to be able to confirm a suspected diagnosis, and I continue to use it to gauge the healing process as the leaky gut indicative lines in my irises are in fact shrinking over time as my digestive tract heals.

Further, I expelled several fungal yeast parasites in bowel movements months ago - they were very real. what came out of me confirms 100% what was afflicting my intestines and causing all of this.

Believe what you like, it doesn't affect my health any if you're not willing to explore a possible cause of your mental health afflictions.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2013, 12:56 am

Random42 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Random42 wrote:
Suggestion:

1)List specific examples of your autistic traits prior to getting worse

2)List specific examples of how your traits got worse

3) List specific examples of how you have improved.

Have you read "The Complete Guide to Asperger's Syndrome," by Dr. Tony Attwood? I had nearly EVERY ASD trait listed in that book. Not just a few, but nearly EVERY single one, leaving absolutely no doubt in my mind that I've been on the Autism Spectrum my entire life.

Traits got worse over the last 3-4 years especially. Depression, anxiety, audio sensory overload, executive functions, short term memory, balance/coordination & fine motor skills, mood swings, misinterpreting people, avoiding eye contact, intense special interests etc etc. Things got really really bad to where I haven't been able to work full time consistently for 3-4 years. Symptoms were completely ruining my life & potential to accomplish goals.

Damn near every trait has improved immensely. Some are all but gone now. The first to change dramatically were the sky high anxiety and audio sensory overload. Then everything else, bit by bit, has gotten better and better and better - I'm happier and healthier now than I have ever been in my entire life. I still don't know what the limit is.. but I intend to find out if symptoms go away completely once my gut is healed, or if any still remain. It'll also be interesting to find out what my true physical/mental/career potentials are. So far the improvements have let me get back to work and life and everything continues to get better day by day, week by week. I'm finally on my way to achieving various goals I have in life vs. spinning my wheels in frustration; being able to think & calculate to the nth degree but not do. Now I'm doing & it's going great.

Thanks for your response but I was looking for examples that specifically illustrate traits and how they have measurably improved.

Example: sensory issues
1) before I could only handle Wal-Mart for 30 minutes before shutting down.
2) it got worse as a shut down occurred after 5 minutes of Wal-Mart
3) it is better because I can now handle 2 hours of Wal-Mart without shutting down.

Could you provide examples like this for the following categories?

1)social and emotional reciprocity
2)nonverbal communication
3)making/maintaining friendships
4)repetitive movements
5)fixated interests
6)routines/sameness
7)sensory issues
8)other

1)social and emotional reciprocity

Like many here, I sometimes just wouldn't "get," others & make social mistakes because of it. I'd misinterpret social cues, be brutally honest to the point where it would sometimes be detrimental to myself, miss social cues and wonder what it was I was supposed to say or do that would be acceptable. Emotional reciprocity - I'd be at a loss for what to say or do that would work to comfort someone I wanted to comfort, basically all the same textbook examples we've all experienced.

Now there's very little, if anything, that I miss. I pick up on all the little things I used to be oblivious to. Or at least a heck of a lot more of them, anyways. These abilities have improved immensely over the last handful of months.

2)nonverbal communication

Again, sometimes just not picking up on things.. body language, facial expressions etc.

3)making/maintaining friendships

I have friends. This isn't some sort of AS impossibility. But sometimes I don't see them for months at a time and it doesn't usually bother me any. The friendships I have that I want to maintain (very few) I do work on maintaining because I value them. Most "acquaintance," type friendships, ie with old coworkers, I don't care nearly as much about and thus just let slide and I see those people when I see 'em a couple times a year kinda thing. I don't have huge difficulty making friends, but sometimes I just have no use for them - especially if I feel like being alone. I did have a bit more difficulty in elementary school days w/ making friends, but that didn't matter all that much since I had my twin brother & other siblings to fight with. :lol: Although, like many here I bet, I keep in touch w/ a lot of friends/old coworkers/classmates etc via facebook where I can communicate in text a lot more proficiently.

Currently I'm working a lot, it's wednesday and I've already put in 40h this week.. and I'm physically tiiiired come evening, so I haven't even been seeing the few friends I truly care about in my life very often - buuut, because they are important to me I text/email some, phone another or swing by his house on the way home to see if he's there and free for a quick visit etc. I used to do these things anyways, but I'm finding myself able to do them better and better lately.. which is good, because I have a romantic interest in one of them and would like to not only maintain our friendship but possibly improve upon it in time.

4)repetitive movements

As in "stimming," type movements? I used to tap my fingers a lot, stuff like that. I don't do it anymore. I can't even think of the last time I did.

5)fixated interests

I've had many over the years. Hobbies/sports etc. Several months ago I burned up a few days browsing for new eyeglass frames online, then another few days checking out frames at shops. I was so fixated on finding something I wanted that I didn't do anything else. I recognize now what a colossal waste of time that was, especially since I haven't ended up getting new glasses yet. :lol: I've also spent tons of time addicted to various online forums over the years. I had/have a "special interest," in a particular sport and would spend tons of time learning things, being on forums, going out and doing it etc. I haven't spent much time on that at all the last few years as I've had other interests come and go. I once spent many weeks watching movies, then tons of documentaries, all the foreign films that were highly rated at the time etc.

I can't even count how many different fixations I've had on various topics and things that I've dedicated TONS of time to for a period here and there over the years. Now I can't be bothered with most of that stuff, and if I do delve into it it's in moderation as I live a much more balanced life - well, save for working a lot lately. I'm a lot more productive because of it, too. I get more done in a day or two than I used to get done in weeks or months at my worst. I no longer have a to-do list miles long as anything that's critical I've already gotten done. I know productivity and lack of procrastination aren't really about fixations, but it's because I'm not fixated on a special interest that I can get a heck of a lot more done in a day than ever. Although I am somewhat fixated on certain goals still - but they're positive ones, ie fundraising for my critically injured friend, saving money towards future investment opportunities/business plans, getting healthier/fitter etc - but at least they're all positive and I keep them in balance vs. dominate my time 100% with them.

6)routines/sameness

I've had a lot of things become routine over the years. Lately I still do find myself preferring routines, but am a lot more flexible on them w/o being frustrated so much by something being done out of order or not done at all, or if something's been moved from it's normal spot etc. But I still do many things routinely & similarly, ie packing a near identical lunch daily only changing up a couple items/day - but that's mainly to keep with this diet. Same for breakfast.. but I'll go for a couple weeks with the same breaky, then switch to something else for a couple weeks, then something else etc. I don't have any unhealthy routines these days and at least the ones I do have are productive and beneficial to me.

7)sensory issues

I had ridiculously acute hearing & anxiety from audio sensory overload. I couldn't sleep for days on end. Even with earplugs in I could still hear traffic drive by all night long and couldn't sleep. If someone had the TV on downstairs I was damn near in tears frustratingly asking them to turn it down or off so I could try to get some sleep - and they'd be pissed off and want to stay up and watch their shows. I had my headphones in listening to the radio on low volume pretty much every waking hour for several months. Now? Nope. I only use my headphones if I'm going for a run. I rarely use earplugs to sleep. I don't have the same audio sensitivity nor the sky high anxiety. In fact, I've never felt calmer and more "present," in my entire life.

My vision would often change and be blurry sometimes. I noticed this quite a bit with reading the TV guide stuff on screen. Sometimes I couldn't read it w/o my glasses. Now, not so much. I think the only bit of blurriness is actually optical vs. altered sensory perceptions - I am near sighted and do wear glasses, after all. They're a weak prescription and need to be replaced sometime, but anyways, I haven't really noticed my vision burring and changing like it used to.

On the note of sensory things in general, and I suppose other perceptions & ASD symptoms.. I'd just like to reiterate that I believe my entire life's experience with ASD has been a food chemical induced drug trip. Think about it: altered senses & perceptions, periods of philosophical thinking, altered states of mind w/ depression and/or anxiety etc.. sounds like a list that could be on a list of side effects on a prescription or recreational drug. I do have some experience with both of those, btw. we ingest pills and they alter our brain chemistry in ways that change our senses, thinking, feeling, physical performance etc.. who's to say the drug effects of foods leaking through a leaky gut aren't responsible for tripping our brains out? IMO, this isn't just a plausible theory, but it's been my experience. It just makes logical sense to me. YMMV.

8)other

I'm sure there are many many other examples and as they come to me I'll share them.

A couple of physical ones:

A couple summers ago my fine motor skills were so poor I could barely use my fingers to tie my own shoes. My balance and coordination were awful. I've been clumsy and bumping into things my entire life. I'd trip over my own shadow while out for a run. For a while, I could only really use my hands if I was on dexedrine.. when it wore off, they were pretty useless - especially for fine detailed work ie finishing carpentry. Now? I haven't been on dex for 5+ months and my hands are steadier than they've ever been. I can do anything I want to with them. My balance and coordination are better than ever. As I said before, now I'm doing ironwork and spending my days up over 40' high installing structural steel roofing. I've been stepping out over the edge and walking along steel perlins (beams) about 3" wide. I'd have never ever trusted myself to be able to safely do this job just several months ago.

Also, I've been fatigued so much for so many years. Not anymore. I have the strength and stamina to take on pretty much anything I want to. I've also been putting on muscle mass and strength that I've never had in my life. Yes, I'm working physically and working out - but I've done both before, too. My arms/chest are better built than ever and continue to improve along with the rest of me. I attribute this to finally being able to digest and absorb the nutrients I'm eating. I look and feel healthier than ever.

Eye contact - avoiding it is one trait I caught myself doing more and more over the last few years.. now? Nope, not so much at all. I don't have the same difficulty maintaining eye contact as I did before.

I'm tired and have a couple things to do in the next hour before I go to sleep, but I'm sure I'll think of more examples to share later.

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2013, 6:11 am

goldfish21 wrote:
Further, I expelled several fungal yeast parasites in bowel movements months ago - they were very real. what came out of me confirms 100% what was afflicting my intestines and causing all of this.

It is unlikely that whatever you expelled was visible yeast colony. Yeast cells are microscopic and yeast needs to be undisturbed on its growth medium to grow into a visible colony (as in kombucha- yuck!). What came out of you was real but that it was visible colony is your assumption. You can't just assume that white gunk is yeast colony. It needs to be confirmed microscopically. Perhaps you will say "I know what I saw" but you actually don't know. You saw something and made assumptions about what it was.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2013, 8:47 am

Janissy wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

It is unlikely that whatever you expelled was visible yeast colony. Yeast cells are microscopic and yeast needs to be undisturbed on its growth medium to grow into a visible colony (as in kombucha- yuck!). What came out of you was real but that it was visible colony is your assumption. You can't just assume that white gunk is yeast colony. It needs to be confirmed microscopically. Perhaps you will say "I know what I saw" but you actually don't know. You saw something and made assumptions about what it was.

..based on comparisons to images online. Mostly from thecurezone.com as that's what comes up when you google image search for these things. In addition to the visual description matching, so did the physical as well as the description of the feeling of passing them out of me. Go have a look at google images and see for yourself.

Individual yeast are pretty small, yes, but they aren't exactly microscopic. Even dehydrated brewer's yeast are visible to the naked eye. Fungal yeast colonies are far from microscopic. These "jellyfish," were a 1 to ~3 inches in length and looked exactly like the images others have posted online. No, I didn't take pictures - I wasn't conducting a study on myself, I was treating and healing myself.

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2013, 9:55 am

goldfish21 wrote:
Janissy wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

..based on comparisons to images online. Mostly from thecurezone.com as that's what comes up when you google image search for these things. In addition to the visual description matching, so did the physical as well as the description of the feeling of passing them out of me. Go have a look at google images and see for yourself.

I looked on curezone and saw many posted images that the people posted thought were yeast colonies. They are not. The people posting those images on curezone are wrong.

Quote:
Individual yeast are pretty small, yes, but they aren't exactly microscopic.

Yes they are microscopic. 30 micrometers at most. They can't be seen with the naked eye.

Quote:
Even dehydrated brewer's yeast are visible to the naked eye.

Those are not individual yeast cells.

Quote:
Fungal yeast colonies are far from microscopic. These "jellyfish," were a 1 to ~3 inches in length and looked exactly like the images others have posted online. No, I didn't take pictures - I wasn't conducting a study on myself, I was treating and healing myself.

The images on curezone are not of yeast colonies. They are probably of mucous. The people posting the images think that they are yeast colonies but they are wrong. They have clearly read about biofilms and think that the mucous they are passing are biofilms. They are wrong.

delaSHANE
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2013, 3:37 pm

Clinical Conditions Associated with Leaky Gut

Inflammatory Bowel Disease – such as Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis
Malnutrition-Malabsorption
Accelerated Aging
Intestinal Infections
Endotoxemia
Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Autism
Increased risk of cancer
Celiac Disease
Inflammatory Joint Disease
Giardiasis
Food Allergies
Alcoholism
Causes of leaky gut

Some of the most common causes of a leaky gut are: Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) usage (eg. Aspirin and ibuprofen), antibiotic use, intestinal infection, dysbiosis, parasites, alcohol consumption, deficient immunoglobulins, ingestion of allergenic foods, oral contraceptive use and high sugar diets.
Identifying the cause is an important first step in reversing altered permeability.

How do you know if you have a leaky gut?

It is possible to measure the permeability or ‘leakiness’ of the gut wall by a simple test called the Indicans test. You are likely to have a leaky gut if you suffer with one of the “Clinical Conditions with Altered Intestinal Permeability” listed above.

Maintain a healthy population of microorganisms in your bowel.

It is important to be aware that your bowels may be harboring excessive populations of unfriendly microorganisms such as fungi (most commonly yeasts such as Candida albicans), bacteria, viruses and parasites. The term parasite is used to describe a great variety of creatures that vary in complexity from single celled organisms, all the way up to worms that may be several inches or longer. Common disease causing parasites are Giardia lamblia, Entamoeba histolytica, Blastocystis hominis and Cryptosporidium, which can be very difficult to detect with routine stool analysis and cultures. When a stool specimen is examined for parasites many of the yeasts that are seen are already dead.

Those who suffer with an overgrowth of unhealthy microorganisms in the bowel are said to have “intestinal dysbiosis”. It can be difficult to eradicate intestinal parasites completely and many sufferers find that they keep on recurring.To reduce bowel infections with unfriendly bacteria, parasites and yeasts:

Avoid refined sugars and carbohydrates, as this is fuel for unhealthy microorganisms, especially yeast.
Avoid preserved foods.
Avoid moldy or pickled foods such as old peanuts, green potatoes, dried fruits that are mouldy or bitter and yeast extracts.
Avoid long term use of antibiotics and steroid drugs.
Eat plentiful fiber in the form of vegetables and certain fruits, ground seeds and hemp seeds.

Use natural antibiotic/anti fungal to kill intestinal yeasts, bacteria and parasites. Natural antibiotic foods, herbs and condiments are cabbage juice, cruciferous vegetables (cabbage, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, broccoli), raw garlic, onions, leeks, radishes, fenugreek, ginger, hot chili, lemon juice, turmeric, mustard and rosemary.

In many instances it may be essential to follow a gluten free diet, indefinitely.

Take a good quality probiotic supplement

The most powerful natural antibiotic for the gut is RAW garlic. If you can manage to eat 4 to 6 cloves every day for 4 weeks you will be amazed at the creatures that can be eradicated and expelled from your bowels. Garlic is able to kill bacteria, parasites and yeasts. If you have a large overgrowth, even higher doses may be required. Raw garlic cloves can be grated, chopped very finely or pressed in a garlic press, and then mixed well throughout your cooked food and salads. It tastes nicer with some cold pressed olive oil and apple cider vinegar. Raw onions, leeks, and the herbs rosemary and oregano also have valuable antibiotic effects in the bowel, and if you cannot tolerate garlic you may find that these things work well for you.

Typical herbs used to destroy and expel worms from the body are black walnut hulls, chaparral, cloves, liquorice, gentian and wormwood. There are natural anti-parasite remedies that can sometimes be quite helpful.Use a combination of herbs such as Wormwood flower and leaf (artemisia vulgaris) and Black Walnut (Juglans Nigra).

Anti-parasitic remedies are often more effective if they are followed by a purge, during which many dead parasites may be expelled in the feces. To achieve the required laxative effect you can take 1 to 2 teaspoons of Epsom salts with four glasses of water,

I happen to prefer goldfish21's detailed version, however, thought I'd post this for those who continue to complain about how lengthy his original post, is. I, for one, am grateful for any additional information, and find the facts that goldfish has been generous enough to share with us, here, extremely helpful, and I will most definitely continue to use it as a reference, when needed. In fact, I have filed your post, under my 'Most Valuable Resources' .

Thanks, again, goldfish, for sharing what has helped you to eliminate/decrease negative symptoms of Autism, while achieving optimal health! As noted, I have done the detox/diet, with many of the same results that you have achieved. I have been able to expand the use of several remedies, based on the knowledge you have shared.

Peace -