Page 3 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2014, 2:01 pm

I scored 24 percent. I would have scored even lower if it wasn't for the last question:

“I’m rarely to blame for things going wrong; it’s usually the fault of the people around me.”

For me, this is actually true. I am very good at my job, and I rarely make mistakes.

So it is not a personality trait when I answer in the affirmative. It is a simple observation.

Poorly designed survey is poorly designed.

Oh, and I fixed the typo in the thread title...

Sare
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Feb 2014, 3:03 pm

24%

You are warm and empathic with a heightened awareness of social responsibility and a strong sense of conscience. You like to carefully weigh up the pros and cons of a situation before you act and are generally averse to taking risks. You are very much a ‘people person’ and dislike conflict. ‘Do unto others…’ are your watchwords. But, although you avoid hurting others, those residing at the higher end of the psychopathic spectrum might not be as considerate, so stay vigilant to avoid being hurt unnecessarily.

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2014, 3:33 pm

I scored 18%. Interesting enough it seem that psychopaths don't like cats. (At least according to the test and from a general point of view.)

Last edited by Tollorin on 06 Feb 2014, 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ettina
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2014, 6:04 pm

%18

Tawaki
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2014, 6:20 pm

Though your conscience is in the right place you also have a pragmatic streak and generally aren’t afraid to do your own dirty work! You’re no shrinking violet - but no daredevil either. You generally have little trouble seeing things from another person’s perspective but, at the same time, are no pushover. ‘Everything in moderation – including moderation’ might sum up your approach to life.

52%

That's until the manias take over bwahahaha!

KWifler
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Feb 2014, 6:47 pm

12%

The poll results say that more psychopaths listen to rap music. More psychopathic people seem to prefer fish as their favorite animal, and less psychopathic prefer kittens. More psychopathic people seem to prefer financial news.

How willing are you to get ahead, minimize effort, cover up past mistakes, and neutralize the opposition? That is what this test seems to tell me makes you a psychopath.

Pure pop-psychology.

Ettina
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2014, 7:08 pm

Quote:
How willing are you to get ahead, minimize effort, cover up past mistakes, and neutralize the opposition? That is what this test seems to tell me makes you a psychopath.

Pure pop-psychology.

Actually, it's not. Most of the questions are drawn from real psychopathy tests. Contrary to stereotypes, psychopaths aren't all serial killers - most of them are just petty crooks, con artists, or business executives (which may explain liking financial news).

Psychopathy, in essence, is not caring about the welfare of others. And if you don't care about others, you will step on them to achieve your own goals, lie and trick them if it serves your interests, and take them down if they stand in your way.

cavernio
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2014, 7:24 pm

paxfilosoof wrote:
I think the test measure neurotypical psychopathy, not autistic psychopathy.
So my score is 6% ................
But my autistic psychopathy score is something different....

What's the difference? I'm not sure true psychopaths can be autistic.

Poor motivation

Ettina
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2014, 8:27 pm

Quote:
What's the difference? I'm not sure true psychopaths can be autistic.

Yeah, they can.

A non-autistic psychopath is like this:

emotional empathy: poor
cognitive empathy: mostly normal (though there are a few areas of deficit, such as recognizing fear)

A non-psychopathic autistic is like this:

emotional empathy: normal
cognitive empathy: poor

An autistic psychopath is like this:

emotional empathy: poor
cognitive empathy: poor (with extra difficulty in fear recognition)

Autistic psychopaths tend to be less successful at conning people than non-autistic psychopaths, though they still try.

JSBACHlover
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2014, 8:48 pm

I got a 15% and I love puppies.

elizabethangeles
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Feb 2014, 12:03 am

42%...err

"Though your conscience is in the right place you also have a pragmatic streak and generally aren’t afraid to do your own dirty work! You’re no shrinking violet - but no daredevil either. You generally have little trouble seeing things from another person’s perspective but, at the same time, are no pushover. ‘Everything in moderation – including moderation’ might sum up your approach to life."

Not diagnosed yet, but it looks pretty obvious to me!