do I have NVLD not Aspergers or both?

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Mrmisunderstood
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Jan 2014, 1:27 pm

I never heard of Aspergers till about 9-10 years ago and NVLD till I came to this site a few weeks ago.

I would like your guys opinion. I know every person is different and we're not doctors here. Just asking for opinion.

I have always had ADD and take medicine for it.

About 9-10 years ago my mother's best friend came over that's a teacher and told my mother that I act like a kid in her class and he has Aspergers. Everyone else in my family laughed at it but, my mother believed it. I asked my General Doctor and he said I am to Social to have Aspergers and it usually runs in the family. I looked it up and I thought a lot of the symptoms did not apply to me.
Fast forward 10 years I start seeing a new Psyciatrist for my medicine and I told her some people think I have Aspergers. She told me the minute I walked in the room she thought I had Aspergers. I researched it again and thought may be some of the symptoms do apply to. My wife and I started going to A psychologist and she said if I have it it's very mild. My wife put her head down and the Psyciatrist ask me what it means when you put your head down? I answered and she said you can at least read some emotions.

Why I think NVLD

1. I have had IQ test all through school and I always scored low on everything except on Verbal I was always very high
2. I have always talked really fast.
3 have always thought my best subject was math but, it confuses me
4. Social Issues.
5. Not very Physically fit.
6. Did not learn to tie my shoes till third grade. Teacher made me stand in the hall till I got my shoes tied.
7 really good long term memory but, short term memory sucks
8 depth perception problems
9 often I self talk myself through things.
10 have to be remind myself to give eye contact
11. Walk funny

My Aspergers Symptoms:

1. Have been told numerous times I only think black and white.
2. Social Issues
3. Bullied at work
4.life long ear infections
5. Obsessions with my interest
6. Look young for my age
7. Long winded in my conversations
8 anger issues and meltdowns
9. Have to remind myself to give eye contact
10. Walk funny
11. Great long term memory but, short term sucks.

Symptoms of Aspergers I do not have

1. Like crowds and clubs/bars
2. Can read Emotions
3 do not have sencery issues

ZombieBrideXD
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2014, 2:55 pm

i think NVLD would fit best, NVLD people usually have a lot of trouble socializing and have generally bad social skills, if you have bad nonverbal skills the likely hood of it being NVLD is high. a doctor who specialized in Learning Disabilities thought i had Nonverbal Learning Disability but she was wrong because i have a very good Nonverbal and Spatial I,Q, something that many NVLD people do not have. the fact you have no sensory issues is another key sign.

DA: http://mephilesdark123.deviantart.com