What was the best and worst thing anyone has ever said toyou

Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2014, 5:24 pm

Best: My supervisor at work told me that I have been getting positive comments about my job performance and how I was helping out at another department when another coworker was out sick. She also told me to keep up the good work.

Worst: My brother was having personal issues, and out of anger, told me that I will never have a man in my life because of the way I look. I was in tears when I heard this, and it affected me almost to the point of depression. This was about a year before I met my boyfriend.

LucySnowe
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Jan 2014, 5:45 pm

Best: I really admire your taste in books.

Worst: What are you, a psycho?

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2014, 6:36 pm

Best: (at a job interview) "You shouldn´t be in an office You´re an artist!"

Worst: Don´t know what the worst is, but I remember someone, I was with quite a lot. We cruised the forest to look for mushrooms.
One day I referred to him as "friend", and he made it clear, that he didn´t want to be my friend. He had his own friends, and I was far to obsessive with narrow interests, which wasn´t enough for him. Ouch!
Well, I was at that time very focused on north pole expeditions and on mushrooms, their lifecycle, biology and environment, and knew their latin names. I may have fled from unpleasant thoughts that way.

infilove
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2014, 6:48 pm

sometimes the worse words are ones that may not sound so bad to other people.

worst: my older sister said i was wierd when I was a kid, ugly, and smelly when I was a tiney kid. those word unfortunately subconsciously stuck with me.
best: my wife said i'm more of a man then most men she has met.

aspie quiz results; http://www.rdos.net/eng/poly12c.php?p1= ... =80&p12=28

jetbuilder
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2014, 7:28 pm

Best: I've been called a genius by a lot of people. (I'm nowhere near a genius, I'm just good at solving problems)

Worst: The first one that comes to mind is when I was called a "F***ing freak" by a girl who was trying (unsuccessfully) to get me to join in at a party.

My Tumblr: http://jetbuilder.tumblr.com/

Ashariel
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2014, 7:40 pm

Best: Being told I'm competent at my special interest.

Worst: Being told I'm incompetent at my special interest. :P

RichardJ
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2014, 9:34 pm

Best: You have won the seventh grade citizenship award ( more like the best follower of rules award).

Worst: Being called "social cue kid" by my mom. She is nice but was frustrated at the time. It still bothered me anyway.

a_dork
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Jan 2014, 1:06 am

The bad first: Some kid who rode my bus in 5th grade told me that he was going to throw a huge party when I died. I thought he was lame and kind of stupid since he was always trying to show off how "cool" he was, when in reality, he just looked like the dorkiest try-hard.

The best: One of my high school teachers told me that I showed many signs of intelligence and that my future would be bright :)

― L. Frank Baum, The Wonderful Wizard of Oz

LtlPinkCoupe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2014, 8:56 am

I don't really like to dwell on the worst things that have ever been said to me (though there have been several), but I think the best thing (in my life so far) that anyone had ever said to me was at my senior retreat in high school (I attended a catholic high school). One of the girls turned to me at one point and said to me, "You know, LtlPinkCoupe, when I first met you in freshman year, I thought you were kind of weird, but then as I got to know you better, I felt like maybe you were God's way of letting us know it's okay to be different."

"IT'S NOT FAIR!" "Life isn't fair, Calvin." "I know, but why isn't it ever unfair in MY favor?" ~ from Calvin and Hobbes