I hate reading, unless it's a journal

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

SSWaspie
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Mar 2014, 5:43 pm

Or something of serious interest to me.

I remember in school I would never open my text books (even college, believe it or not) and I would never read books for book reports. They're just a bunch of words strung together with no meaning (to me) and I get so frustrated and lost.

If it's a real life story, like a journal, no problem!

You ask me to read a novel I will tell you to shove it in your....

I hate reading!

Also I hate when ppl come up and talk to me and they're all blah blah blah blah, meanwhile all the conversation is for is to ask me to do something. Just friggin ask.... I don't need your story otherwise you completely lose me. All I hear is blah blah blah like those Charlie Brown teachers.

I work with a woman who I swear has ADHD, she's like a butterfly fluttering all over and talking talking talking so fast... I can't follow. So I nod and smile and act like I understand.

Somehow I've managed to get by... Lord knows how.

michael517
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2014, 7:42 pm

Nope, love to read. Will, except "Great Expectations" in HS.

When I received the seventh HP book in the mail, I stayed up all night reading it. (I gave my oldest the six volume set for Christmas, she polished that off before the end of break, then she went to the library for #7 when it came out).

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2014, 9:04 pm

it is like I have to pound the printed words into my head, repeatedly until some of them begin to stick.