Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

StarTrekker
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2014, 11:37 pm

I took the ADOS-2 module 4 today, and it was very interesting. I'm not sure how it went, because I can't find anywhere that discusses how the individual tasks are assessed and scored, all I know is I had a hard time with the "telling a story with a book" task as well as with "constructing a story" in which I had to choose five random objects and make a story out of them. The book thing was really confusing because I couldn't look at all the pages before coming up with a story, so I had to make it up as I went along, without knowing what happened next, but I couldn't. I wound up just describing what was occurring on each page with very little cohesive story or plot. I also ad-libbed some, pointing out inconsistencies in the drawings; there were floating frogs coming down the chimney, but they weren't covered in soot, a man saw the frogs flying past his window but didn't appear appropriately shocked enough, etc.

I also had a hard time making up a story with the random objects; it took me ages to choose which objects I wanted, and to start the story, because I just couldn't come up with anything. It had at least two "human" characters in it though, so I'll probably get points for that. With the picture task, I was shown a cartoon drawing of the outline of the US made of what appeared to be some sort of green foliage, and it had cartoon pictues of famous buildings and landmarks and people all over it. I managed to name all the landmarks, as well as what state each of them was in (for the most part) but didn't realise until afterwards that I had managed to make no mention of any of the people on the page, beyond one or two simple observations, ie, "there's a guy catching fish in Lake Superior".

I really couldn't say how the conversation task went one way or the other, I'll just have to wait for the results on that one. Those of you who took some version of the ADOS for your assessment, what was it like and how did it go?

Thanks to Olympiadis for my fantastic avatar!

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2014, 3:48 am

I took mine a loooooong time ago. I'm not exactly sure I remember what mine was like, though I think it involved playing with some toys and answering some verbal questions. I was 5-6 years old at the time, so they probably didn't expect me to fill out a written questionnaire. :P

StarTrekker
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2014, 2:37 am

mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:
I took mine a loooooong time ago. I'm not exactly sure I remember what mine was like, though I think it involved playing with some toys and answering some verbal questions. I was 5-6 years old at the time, so they probably didn't expect me to fill out a written questionnaire. :P

Interesting. Depending on your verbal capacity at that age, you probably took module 2 or 3; the lower modules are considerably more extensive as far as point acquisition for displaying "autistic behaviours" as well as the number of tasks they include, probably because there is less of a question and answer conversation piece to them, especially module 2.

Thanks to Olympiadis for my fantastic avatar!

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2014, 2:58 am

Have been given test that sounds like what is being described, but don't know what was called.
Remember not being able to do certain parts, getting agitated, and those parts being skipped.
Some of that kind of stuff is an ordeal for me and puts me on the edge of meltdown.
Have to take lots of breaks - be rewarded with candy lulz.

LifUlfur
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2014, 1:15 pm

What candy :P? :drunken:
That would have made me go crazy xD
After having candy and them not expecting this I would probably have to have a small tranquilizer to continue :D