Concealing the fact I have Asperger Syndrome

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Metal Rat
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Oct 2019, 5:05 am

I think that, in a way, it would be more than a good idea for me to find some way to conceal my Asperger symptoms from other people. I should see if I can, at all, avoid staring at women for instance. I could pretend to make small talk, even when I am not too interested in it at all. And, I should avoid talking about my "Favorite Topics", too. Do any of you have any other suggestions?

Peta
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Oct 2019, 5:36 am

Please not try hide from all people or it will hurt break you. Have you people you can where be self safely?

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2019, 6:38 am

Not staring at women is an awesome idea though.

Practising small talk by making small talk with lots of people, can make it more bearable for you. I still find it boring, but it's necessary for developing the first stages of friendship, unless you luck out and meet someone with a mutual special interest and can talk about it straight away.

Mine is music. I love meeting other people who love music. There's so much to talk about. But youve got to be careful not to dominate the conversation and leg the other person talk to.

I think one can still show your love of what you love, yet still learn conversation skills. It's not all about denying self, but adding more tools to your toolbox.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2019, 8:02 am

In some situations "masking" is to your advantage

In some situations masking is to your disadvantage