Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

flamingshorts
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Mar 2014, 11:48 pm

Im 52 and there are nearly no photographs of me. One when I was 5 and thats only the top of my head. One from work 20 years ago. A couple of school class photos. There's more photos of people from the 1800s. Do you think my awkwardness stopping my family from ever wanting to capture my image?

Everytime I try to get a photo taken there's a problem. Something goes wrong. We got a new camera and I finally got a few taken and someone deleted them from the camera before I could copy them to the computer. Now Im just so miserable I cant even get a photo taken.

Do other people here have very very few photos of them?

rapidroy
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2014, 12:05 am

Not many of me, if you want more it helps to say "here, can you take my camera and get a photo of me and......") I have maybe have did that once in 15 years, seriously.

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2014, 5:11 am

Same for me, so much so that when I was a kid I complained that I wanted to marry a photographer because I thought I'd finally get to have my share of pictures taken of me, lol.

But I think think my lack of childhood pictures had more to do with the fact that I was the last child of four. By the time parents are raising their fourth kid, they kind of don't give a crap anymore because it's all " been there, done that, yada yada." I sensed a lot of that in my upbringing.

Wind
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2014, 7:38 am

There wasn't many photos of me either. Lots of baby pictures because I was my parents first child, but then my brother came, he didn't get a lot of pictures though as a baby, but there was ones here and there on holidays and such. It was very scattered, and there are lots of missing years in pictures.
My parents never really bought my school photos, because they're poor and didn't really care anyway. They bought junior school ones (year 3 to year 6) and then one secondary school in the first year (year 7).

Empathy Quotient: 8
I have ASD, ADHD, Hypermobility Syndrome.

Soccer22
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2014, 10:56 am

In the same boat. My older sister (first born) has lots of baby pictures but there's only baby photo of me at a year old (and it's with my sister). After that there's a few childhood pics and then it falls off drastically for my later years. Makes me sad.

Eccles_the_Mighty
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2014, 2:55 pm

That's a weird thing about me, pictures.

There are no pictures of me earlier than about 2001. I have no pictures of my late father, no pictures of my late mother and no pictures of my late brother. Nothing. They were all trashed after my mother died as I just didn't need them.

MathGirl
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2014, 4:46 pm

I've had my pics taken a lot and I often don't get them on my camera because too many people want the pictures already and it takes lots of time to take them (and I play nice and let others take them). But then what's frustrating is that I ask people to send the pictures to me and they always forget! Ugh! I want pictures, too... hello...

Likely ADHD instead of what I've been diagnosed with before.

Drehmaschine
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2014, 7:44 am

Only one of myself from the Factory. Much of my face was not visible, since I was replacing inserts in the lathe. These are posted in a frame with all other longtime workers and captions are included with funny slogans, things the person says often or things you are known for. Mine says "Resident Lathe Geek." Sums me up I guess. We are not a very photogenic family anyhow.

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2014, 11:16 am

MathGirl, that frustrates me too, when a friend takes a picture but doesn't share it, even now that we are in the digital age and it's easier than ever to share a digital photo.

Even old family photos -- with scanners or scanning services, family members could have sent me images made from old prints like I asked politely of them, when we were still communicating, but they couldn't be bothered.

Liblady
Raven
Raven

25 Mar 2014, 1:44 pm

There aren't a whole lot of pictures of me as an adult to even post on Facebook or what have you were I interested in social networking. I run if possible if there is a camera around. However, my appearance has much more to do with it than ASD. Due to my hemifacial microsomia, which makes my face assymetrical and my smile often comes out crooked, I am very self-conscious about my appearance. Plus I'm on the heavy side, though not morbidly obese, so I can't take comfort in at least having a beautiful bod. It doesn't help that society equates facial symmetry for beauty and disparages women especially who don't meet the standards for beauty.

saragrl
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 Mar 2014, 7:16 pm

yup , not to many photos of me either. It's funny cause my older sister used to hate getting her photo taken. I noticed at my dads house on xmas there were pictures everywhere, but only of me while there were at least 10 of each of my other 2 sisters. I know I am the odd black sheep of the family, so it really does not bother me.