What would you think of this research idea?

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

GraysonGitchell
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 May 2014, 5:50 am

After taking nursing research and psychiatric mental health nursing for my BSN program I came up with the idea of studying the effects of different therapies such as social training, anger management, or cognitive based therapy would have one’s EQ overtime. For this research, a group of children that have a diagnosis of Asperger’s whose parents are planning on putting them in different therapies such as the ones stated would be given an EQ administer by a psychologist before they received any therapy and an emotional wellbeing questionnaire. After a year of doing whatever therapy their parents put them in to help with their struggles they would then be given another EQ and another emotional well-being questionnaire, and the same would happen another four years from then. If possible, I would have the participants tested again at 20. Also to provide a control group there would have to be a group of young adults who were not diagnosed until later in life with Asperger’s. In that control group, I would ideally like to have one group that has not received any of the therapies and one that has within six months. Both these groups would also be an EQ and an emotional well-being questionnaire. The purpose would be to see how therapy effects EQ in an Asperger’s population and to see how important diagnosis is at a young age in terms of emotional wellbeing. Also, I would like to look at if the participants that scored higher on the EQ had a better emotional well-being. My hypothesis would be that the participants who received the therapies as children would have better EQ’s and emotional wellbeing on average.
I don’t think the testing in their 20’s would be reasonable to do because it it may be difficult to contact the participants that many years later. Also, you need a PhD in nursing research to design studies so this is just something theoretical I came thought of. I thought it would be important to administer an emotional wellbeing questionnaire as issues such as depression can occur in people with Asperger’s.

guzzle
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2014, 7:15 am

I tried but all I saw was a sea of letters :(

Will try again if you make paragraphs
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paragraph# ... yle_advice