Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Wintermute
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Feb 2007, 2:01 pm

Hi everyone, its me, the allegded spammer/paedophile etc etc :wink:

Anyway, i'm writing a book called 'For I Have Eaten The Fruit' about Aspergers

and basiclly, it isnt a one (wo)man job when it comes to writing about a book that is aimed at paretns, fellow Aspies, and even thier teachers Especially when Aspergic is hardly genearic, so i'd like to enlist your help, as to give me your experainces of the condition, your feelings and troubles as well. At a later stage, I may ask for help proof-reading it

Before you ask, I will give credit to people who's entries/ideas are put into the books, also, if you'd happen to have any sources, or know of any good books for me, please direct me to them, or, if you are no longer using them, send them in the post (anyone who says they can will recive an PM giving them the postal address)

Thank you all,

-Wintermute

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2007, 2:09 pm

Judging by your note, I'd say that dyslexia is one of our dominant traits ...

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

21 Feb 2007, 2:09 pm

Seems like you could simply read all the posts on this website and get a good understanding.

GhostOfTheChameleon
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Feb 2007, 2:23 pm

Okay.

(run-on warning. don't bother working through the logic, it's merely an example)

Well, I find it difficult to communicate my thoughts and ideas. I think almost purely through comparison, so I might look at problem A, see factor B and C which are similar to factors E and Z of problem B last year, but which interact in a way similar to factors F and G from problem X, which relates to the interaction in problem B similar to the way that the interactions in problems U and I did, which leads me to believe that problems A and B both have a similar relationship to problems U and I, so the factors involved are run through the same processes, which leads me to a conclusion for problem A and a deeper understanding of problem B, after which I painstakingly verify my solution with manual calculations.

To me, that all happens intuitively, in an instant. I don't have any words to describe how I reached my conclusion, so I can't explain myself without significant difficulty. It's also difficult for me to intentionally think about something I'm not interested in, because I'm not accustomed to manually "thinking" about things. It usually just happens on its own, and when it doesn't, I'm screwed.

`dp

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2007, 2:25 pm

Judging by GhostOfTheChameleon's response, we ASpies have an obscure sense of humor.

Hmmm, problem X, ahem ....

GhostOfTheChameleon
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Feb 2007, 2:46 pm

Judging from your response, I'd have to agree.

I don't get it. lol

Wintermute
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Feb 2007, 7:47 pm

would it suprise you to know that I understnad it?

and no, I dont have dyslexia, I have a condition called Cerebral Palsey, this makes it very hard for me to do fine tasks, like typing on a keyboard, for example

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2007, 8:32 pm

Wintermute,

I wrote that book, I had two problems.

Most people miss the point that I do not have a point, I just like word images. Only a few, like the gifted Prof_Pretorious, understand silent music. AS you mentioned once before, reading me strips gears. I have reached my goal.

My thoughts are common, I use words found in most dictionaries, my thinking is like GhostOFTheChamelon, a simple process of logic based on experience.

What is true for me, gets resistance from others, "That's much too strong," "That is not the way to write," "You are comma happy," "You can't do that, they won't let you."

I do not let praise go to my head, it's full already. Art is that, which when viewing, hearing, reading, causes a reaction within the Art Patron. It is the quality of that reaction that is the differance between, "good art," and road kill. Both cause a reaction, road kill is hard to sell.

Ask any famous artist why some of their work sells, is well reviewed, and other works are ignored, and they will say, "I do not know."

Ask GM why one car line sells and another does not, and they will say, "I do not know."

Ask an aspie what is the differance between them and an NT, same answer. It is the NTs who said, "that is not writing, that is your thoughts?" It is NTs who say, you do not respond properly, then can not explain what is Proper, where it is located, where it's borders are, Gross National Product, or anything else about it, yet they say that I am from across the border, an alien, that I have an accent. Suddenly my Passport is not valid?

I have an IQ of 137, I have read maybe 20,000 non-fiction book, do IT, have been issued a Patent, other IP, have written several books, publish others, publish fine art prints, and am a Master of Machines, and of The Dark Arts. The list goes on, this is all taken as evidence of a defect? Says who?

Accoms Razor, the simplest explanation is the most likely to be true,

Humans are on a spectrum, a curve, I can move through their world, I find some of them fun, I learn from them, but there is a barrier that they cannot see over, that I do not even notice. But the evidence shows I can see where they are, but they can not see where I am?

I think they are trying as hard as they can, but as a friend summed it up, "Shoot low, they are short!"

So, what you are asking for is, "AS for short people?"

TG
Toucan
Toucan

21 Feb 2007, 10:04 pm

BRAVO!! !! !

Wintermute
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Feb 2007, 5:09 pm

Inventor, I am astonished by the descriptiveness of your reply, and I would give appluse, if it werent for this being a rather mute internet forum. I thank you for your advice, but yet I am sure I want to continue, i'm sure it wont make much sense when i'm done with it, but hell, thats for my neurotypical friends to decide