Page 4 of 4 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Starr
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2007, 3:40 am

I wasn't very naughty really, I used to get totally absorbed in my preoccupations and thoughts and got told off a lot for not paying attention, although often I was listening, taking it all in, I'd just be staring out of the window at the same time.
The naughtiest thing I did was when a friend and I discovered that nail varnish was flammable so we got hold of our sisters' nail varnish and tried to reinact the first world war by attempting to make bombs out of nail varnish and strips of cotton. We never managed to get them to work but got nail varnish all over the sofa. Big trouble!

I've edited this after an item on the news, which made my joke sound very crass. :(

Last edited by Starr on 24 Feb 2007, 8:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

cman_yall
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Feb 2007, 5:13 am

Still am :twisted:

ProfessorX
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2007, 1:26 pm

The only thing I can recall which would come under this definition is, the time when I had used the garden hose to put water into my mother's car which, at the time was not aware of the fact, water was not similar to petrol.That is the only significant event of such I have a good memory of.

Professor X

Hel
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

23 Feb 2007, 2:34 pm

I was "spiteful" and incredibly bossy, apparently.

I've always been much "better" at expressing myself through writing down my feelings than talking..so often I would tell my sister what I really thought of her on paper and get into trouble when my mum found out..haha

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2007, 2:44 pm

Hel wrote:
I was "spiteful" and incredibly bossy, apparently.

I've always been much "better" at expressing myself through writing down my feelings than talking..so often I would tell my sister what I really thought of her on paper and get into trouble when my mum found out..haha

Totally familiar, would make a good topic that...whether people find they can express better their feelings in other ways such as writing etc. I can write very well so often use that to express my feelings, though I am always in dread of something hurtful being said in response if my letter or email has been badly received.

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2007, 2:46 pm

BazzaMcKenzie wrote:

I did have a part in derailing a train once, but it was not on purpose. we were only trying to see how many rocks the wheels could crush. Sort of a science experiment.

You sure you weren't trying to re-enact that famous scene from "Lawrence Of Arabia"??

Hel
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

23 Feb 2007, 2:55 pm

Graelwyn wrote:

Totally familiar, would make a good topic that...whether people find they can express better their feelings in other ways such as writing etc. I can write very well so often use that to express my feelings, though I am always in dread of something hurtful being said in response if my letter or email has been badly received.

I've always found it easier to write than talk. I just had an argument by email with my best friend the other week in fact. Although like you say it's hard to tell how written words will be taken, although I've generally found this is received quite well initially if the other person is relatively understanding, even if I do tend to agonise about it!

People I went to school with thought I was going to end up as a writer, this was a huge compliment although it hasn't come true yet..