Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Nikki82
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 May 2014, 3:34 pm

I have always had little to no interests and i feel like i am boring. I am happy with who I am, but was wondering do any of you have little to no interests? I don't know why I am this way but my son is a lot like me and he has Autism.

Norny
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2014, 4:04 pm

I'm the same.

I also have immense levels of curiosity though, so I may think I am interested in something, or want to be, but in reality it bores me just as much as the next thing. I find myself asking questions almost for the sake of asking them alone.. I will ask the question and then tune out on the answer. >.>

Nikki82
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 May 2014, 4:16 pm

yes exactly how I am too.

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2014, 4:41 pm

*holds hand up*.
disability activism and swimming are the obsessive interests of mine,have always had limited interests though have often got 'likes' mixed up with 'interests',so sometimes feel like have got a ton,when am really just thinking of a load of things that like [eg,coffee,
going for rides in the car etc].

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2014, 7:34 pm

You have an interest in the subject of the questions which you ask.

You could have many interests, but not a real "focused" interest.

Tahitiii
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2014, 8:03 pm

Maybe you just don't want to own them. This or that doesn't count because...
I'm hesitant to admit to some of mine, because they're lame or worse.
Cleaning and fixing the house after my divorce has taken me almost a year, and it's not even close to done.
Radical political views - I don't even tell the shrink. Does Farmville count if you spend an hour a day?

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2014, 8:09 pm

Feh, honestly, if other people find you boring, that's their problem.

I myself am interested in gaming, cosplay/conventions, and animals. Hate basically everything else.

I'm sure there's plenty that find me uninteresting. But that's fine, because I find THEM uninteresting. Particularly because the most common interests in society much of the time seem to be A: TV or B: drinking alchohol. Yeah, thanks, but I'll definitely pass.

Nikki82
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 May 2014, 8:33 am

thanks everyone for your replies. I do have some interests I think I know I probably have some but like above said maybe not a "focused" interest. thanks for the last comment too :)

eggheadjr
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2014, 12:17 pm

If you're happy with who you are who cares what other people think. You don't need to have many or any interests.

I have a few select interests - model trains is one of them. Surprisingly I have found a couple of the NT guys that I work with are into model trains as well, some even more so that I am.

Go with what works for you and makes you happy, not what others think you should be doing