Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

AmieLynn
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

23 May 2014, 5:43 pm

I have a terrible problem with sweating...even when I'm not very active. I sweat more than most people and it's annoying cuz one of my sensory issues is wet clothing. I can't stand to keep a shirt on if the armpits are wet. It's bad and I was wondering if this was common?

serenaserenaserena
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2014, 6:19 pm

*raises hand* very much me

~~~
Pain is inevitable; suffering is optional.
~~~

ashkent
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 May 2014, 6:22 pm

I don't think it's specifically related to AS/ASD, but the condition is called hyperhydrosis. If it's too much of a problem you should visit your GP/physician. If they agree it's an issue there is the possibility of having an operation whereby your sweat glands are cut (eg in the armpits) to reduce the sweating. My uncle had it done.

RAADS-R: 140

Last edited by ashkent on 23 May 2014, 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IamRob
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 May 2014, 6:24 pm

I do tend to sweat more than most,especially when i stop doing an activity for example i do a lot of biking and its not so bad when im moving but if i stop lety say to enter a store its like a flood of sweat.when i would go cross country skiing it was pretty bad i when it was very cold i would get icicles of sweat running down my beard and my t shirt would be totally soaked even the top of my pants would be as well.It would only start bothering me when it started to cool then it would feel sticky.
Stress does it as well.I had to go to an interview at a government office a few years ago,i biked there ,it was a five minute ride and i took it easy too but when i got there and had to wait half an hour i was sweating so bad,when i finally saw the person she asked me if i was alright,at this point i was soaked.
I do wear cotton shirts witch makes the feel not so bad,its synthetic clothing that i cant stand the feel of when there wet.They don't breath either,i don't like them.

BarkMeow
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

23 May 2014, 6:31 pm

I do not have AS but I do however sweat more.
I sweat everywhere and I do not exercise very often.
Sometimes I wonder if people can see me sweat too.
My forehead, palms, feet, arms and back sweat.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2014, 7:09 pm

Not normally, but right now I do. I'm having perimenopause and hot flashes, and also terrible night sweats. I had to change my nightgown twice last night from it! It's hormonal. It comes and goes. Something to look forward to, huh girls?

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2014, 7:18 pm

I just had my baby so my homophones are probably still out of whack because I get hot flashes and I start to sweat. I used to sweat more in my teens and it was due to hormones. Then that ended when I was 15 after four years of torture of hot flashes.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2014, 7:23 pm

I sweat less than most people. Weird, huh?

Marybird
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2014, 7:48 pm

I sweat less than most people.

Last edited by Marybird on 25 May 2014, 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

BarkMeow
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

23 May 2014, 8:31 pm

I think the only reason I tend to sweat more is because of the humidity and high anxiety, maybe?

neobluex
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2014, 8:49 pm

1) I do.

2) Unrelated to ASD.

BecauseImArtistic
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 May 2014, 6:57 am

igk, yes, and it's so gross, I hate it. tacky and wet and stinky and gross! Mostly just my armpits, but sometimes my hands too. And not just when I'm exercising, or nervous, or hot. I sweat while shivering. Laying on the couch, reading. I sweat right out of the shower and it drives me insane. whether it's related to autism or not is dubious to me. My problem is that I don't want surgery; i don't want to deposit aluminum salts into my sweat glands (that's what super-strength antiperspirant does); I don't want to do any of the treatments that are available for it! I'm starting to think about modifying my shirts to hold little cotton pads in the armpits. I don't see any other option!

IamRob
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 May 2014, 12:17 pm

^^^
I just checked my deodorant(old spice) it does not contain the aluminium compounds though ill have to search the other ingredients.
There are some home made deodorant online based on shea butter and baking soda.

abkala1
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 May 2014, 2:53 am

I sweat a lot for seemingly no reason. I've actually come to enjoy the smell of myself. I do bathe before leaving the house, but that's not very often.

GlennBecksTears
Raven
Raven

25 May 2014, 2:55 am

I find that I do sweat more then most people.

DanDaMan
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 May 2014, 6:36 am

Yes. Really bad. All over my body including my face.

My doctor mentioned it to me once and said it may have something to do with my anxiety.