einsteinmyhero
Toucan
Toucan

30 May 2014, 7:47 am

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2014, 7:50 am

Well....now the guy could get someone who can appreciate him.

Quill
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2014, 9:24 am

Yikes. Well, at least all of the answers stuck up for him. That question was posted four years ago, so hopefully they broke up and are both happier now.

diablo77
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 May 2014, 9:52 am

I have to keep reminding myself how young the author must have been and hoping that with maturity she will become more understanding but this made me sad to read because some of it is all too familiar. Not that I have been treated that way (fortunately!) but I do know firsthand how it feels to have someone be angry or upset with me and really have NO idea why.

eggheadjr
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2014, 11:08 am

Have to give credit to the woman who replied:

"i suggest you read up on autism, you thicko"

The rest of the respondents had some pretty good comments too. Nice to see them putting the girlfriend in her place.

tcorrielus
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2014, 12:20 pm

I don't understand the Aspie boyfriend's mom at all. She called him stupid and said that her life would be better off without him. Did she ever take the time to read up on and understand the Autism Spectrum Disorders? Did she ever try to seek help for her son???? What kind of a parent would treat a child with a mental or psychological disorder like $h!t???

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2014, 12:44 pm

I would suggest she finds a new boyfriend since they are so incompatible and she is non understanding.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

JerryM
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 May 2014, 2:07 pm

This makes me sad. If what she said is true, not only does he have a lousy mom but he has/had a very lousy girlfriend.

I could understand if it was like "my boyfriend has these problems, how do I help myself cope with them?" or something along the lines. But the way she was bashing him was despicable.

Dr_Cheeba
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 May 2014, 10:13 pm

There comes a time in life when there is a 100% reasonable authority to smack someone with full force upside the head. I believe this is one of those times.

Rocket319
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

31 May 2014, 3:33 am

eggheadjr wrote:
Have to give credit to the woman who replied:

"i suggest you read up on autism, you thicko"

The rest of the respondents had some pretty good comments too. Nice to see them putting the girlfriend in her place.

Ditto

Shadi2
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2014, 3:42 am

Wow this girl is such a jerk I was wondering if it was some kind of sick joke. She was not really asking for advice, she was just bashing him the whole time. She doesn't deserve him, and he deserves better too.

aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2014, 8:31 am

I think many of us have been there at one point or another. Someone complains about anything an everything we do and how hard done by they are that we are in their life. However, these same people then point out that others are the bad guy instead because "they didn't know when I was upset." There is a thing called communication and adjusting expectations. She was obviously young and didn't know how to do that yet. Same with him. Despite her rudeness and downright critical behaviour, I'd let that slide a little because that happened four years ago and she was presumably 16 years old herself.

The boy's mother on the other hand... absolutely should have known better.

Eccles_the_Mighty
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2014, 8:57 am

Stuff like this happens. I've had a girlfriend who decided to drive me crazy "because it seemed like fun" and a wife who decided that bullying me and insulting me was the best way to turn me from an aspie into an NT. I still haven't lost my faith in the fairer sex though because there are good times as well as bad, and the woman sitting three metres away from me playing with the cats accepts me for who I am (and we still have fun).

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2014, 9:42 am

Eccles_the_Mighty wrote:
Stuff like this happens. I've had a girlfriend who decided to drive me crazy "because it seemed like fun" and a wife who decided that bullying me and insulting me was the best way to turn me from an aspie into an NT. I still haven't lost my faith in the fairer sex though because there are good times as well as bad, and the woman sitting three metres away from me playing with the cats accepts me for who I am (and we still have fun).

There was once a thread at ASPartners back in 2009 about women there admitting that they actually intentionally do things to set their AS partners off like their sensory issues or getting them all upset or confused and watch them be in panic mode and suffer. :roll:

Something about it just seemed cruel to me.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2014, 1:02 pm

League_Girl wrote:
Eccles_the_Mighty wrote:

There was once a thread at ASPartners back in 2009 about women there admitting that they actually intentionally do things to set their AS partners off like their sensory issues or getting them all upset or confused and watch them be in panic mode and suffer. :roll:

Something about it just seemed cruel to me.

I hope these women aren't the type to believe that they deserve love from a "good boyfriend." Good and smart men on the outside looking in and seeing how she is treating her man are not likely going to want the type around for too long.