Page 291 of 291 [ 4650 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 287, 288, 289, 290, 291

Recidivist
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2023, 7:45 am

^ Could be, being truthful means that we can grow and mature, learning from our mistakes.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2023, 7:16 pm

You might be an Aspie if one day, a seemingly normal person who works as a figure of authority unexpectedly frames you for a crime you don't know how to commit without getting away with it just because you are an Aspie.

Example: A security guard at a popular upscale grocery store framed me for shoplifting just because I wasn't dressed like typical customers nor behaved like them.

This has happened before, so PM me if you want to know more.

Now, let's all continue posting here in this thread.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2023, 11:24 pm

You've had the same favourite rock n roll band since you were 12.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2023, 1:10 am

You might be an aspie if you over-explain simple things because you want to make sure the other person knows your position and does not accidentally give it a tone or underlying meaning you were not trying to put there; but the problem is, the more things you exempt from what you mean, the more you think that the other person is wondering what you are really trying to say, so instead of making your point clear, you are basically convincing the other person you have a hidden meaning, and they just have not figured out yet, which turns a simple statement into a treasure hunt in an exceptionally long monologue for the other person to parse through while simultaneously waiting for you to pause long enough for them to excuse themselves politely and walk away.

:wink:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Twolf
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 May 2023, 12:37 pm

Deactivate or delete social media because of all the nonsense.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2023, 12:38 pm

You start and end your day by dragging sensory comfort items around the house.

Fairfield
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2023, 8:10 pm

You can only sleep in very, very specific conditions, yet it seems like everyone around you can just sleep whenever and wherever they want.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2023, 1:17 pm

Last week a neighbour came by and offered to cut my grass. He had just done my other neighbour's property and he offered a good deal so I took it. He gave me his number to text for the next cut, which I'll need to do soon.

In the meantime today I heard a lawnmower-type motor going at my neighbour's house and looked out to see a young man who seemed to be the lawn cutter, but he was kind of blocked by the fence. I figured I might as well ask him to do mine instead of having to text him later, and he'd have to get his stuff out again instead of doing it all at once.

I go outside in my pyjamas and find him. The motor noise is still really loud so he can't hear me well but I call lawnmower boy's name and point at my back gate saying "Do you want to do mine while you're here?"

He pulled out a business card and said I'd have to book through their central office.

???

Huh ???

Only then did I realise there was a pool cleaning truck in front of that neighbour's house and the motor noise wasn't a lawnmower. It was a pool vacuum. This wasn't even the same guy.

The most embarrassing thing is that I'd pointed at my back fence asking him to "do mine" which would have meant "clean my pool". I don't even have a pool. He must have thought I was totally insane.

Just kill me now. I think my neighbour overheard it too, so she must think I've totally lost my mind.

I attribute all of this to my face blindness, which is part of my ASD.

:oops: :oops: :oops:

Addendum: I just realised another layer of my own stupidity.
My neighbour doesn't have any grass in her back garden because of the pool.
Lawncutter Boy doesn't even go in her back garden.
Still I assumed the motor noise behind her fence had to be him cutting grass.

:?

Anonyma
Butterfly
Butterfly

26 May 2023, 2:29 pm

Fnord wrote:
You might be an aspie if you over-explain simple things because you want to make sure the other person knows your position and does not accidentally give it a tone or underlying meaning you were not trying to put there; but the problem is, the more things you exempt from what you mean, the more you think that the other person is wondering what you are really trying to say, so instead of making your point clear, you are basically convincing the other person you have a hidden meaning, and they just have not figured out yet, which turns a simple statement into a treasure hunt in an exceptionally long monologue for the other person to parse through while simultaneously waiting for you to pause long enough for them to excuse themselves politely and walk away.

:wink:

Yep, yep and yep! :lol: These detailed explanations (preferably over and over) is making my husband go crazy!

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2023, 7:58 pm

You secretly get a little stressed when people don't have all 3 buttons done up on a polo shirt.
Fortunately I don't say anything because it's not worth getting upset about so I have to tell my OCD to go away and be quiet.