Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2014, 12:53 pm

I just tore a large hole in one of my bras because the bloody thing gave me such severe sensory overload that I had a meltdown. I don't wear uunderwear at all at home. When I go out I fidget and squirm constantly due to underwear.

When I'm on my period I scream for three days repeatedly and I always end up self harming.

Underwear is unbearable. I wish I didn't have breasts, I want mine removed but my GP said tthat was "stupid".

How can I cope with the agony of underwear and periods? I've tried expensive underwear and all sorts of sanitary towels (I cannot use tampons). But iI still freak out every day.

Advice? Does anyone else have this problem?

KB8CWB
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2014, 1:43 pm

SteelMaiden wrote:

When I'm on my period I scream for three days repeatedly and I always end up self harming.

How can I cope with the agony of underwear and periods? I've tried expensive underwear and all sorts of sanitary towels (I cannot use tampons). But iI still freak out every day.

I am not female however my stepdaughter was on this and it stopped her menstrual cycle (no periods) after a couple of months. For most women it will stop within a year of starting it. Just a suggestion.

Depo Shot

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2014, 1:51 pm

Have you ever tried sport bras?

Ever try pull ups for your period or diapers?

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2014, 2:30 pm

Can't use pull ups, as far as I can see, they're a form of torture.

I'll try and bypass my psychiatrist who said I'm not allowed to take contraceptives. My GP listens to her but I could ask my haematologist, who would definitely agree as I have mild haemophilia.

Sports bras are a good idea.

Ettina
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2014, 6:19 pm

SteelMaiden wrote:

Why can't you use tampons?

I had the same issues with underwear and pads, but switching to tampons solved it for me.

If tampons don't work for you, maybe try a menstrual cup. I've never tried one, but I've heard some women find them more comfortable.

As for bras, in my opinion, they're optional. I never wear bras, and very few people seem to care.

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2014, 7:33 pm

I hate underwear too and never wear them. I had trouble using tampons when I first started using them but eventually I got used to them. Now I don't get my period any more because I had cervical cancer and had a hysterectomy.

I only wear bras when I go out and only sports bras now.

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2014, 2:21 am

I cannot use tampons because nothing is allowed to enter my cervical canal or my vagina. I refused routine cervical screening on the basis that even touching down there (let alone being invaded) is completely beyond my capability.

I tried to take a swab myself (as I refused my GP's request for her to take a sample for gynaecological reasons) but I had a meltdown before I could do it. Now I've had gynaecological problems for over 10 years aand I've been told i could become infertile but i don't care sex is gross anyway. No way am I ever having an examination, not even if I get more chronic symptoms.

Tampons = NO.

I have qquite large breasts but I'llvtry sports. Bras.

Sorry I'mtyping on my fubar phone aatm sorry for the typos, I need a new phone.

Meril
Raven
Raven

19 Jun 2014, 2:32 am

Why don't you see if you can have those examinations done while asleep possibly with Meds if your a light sleeper

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2014, 5:26 am

SteelMaiden wrote:

I cannot use tampons because nothing is allowed to enter my cervical canal or my vagina. I refused routine cervical screening on the basis that even touching down there (let alone being invaded) is completely beyond my capability.

I tried to take a swab myself (as I refused my GP's request for her to take a sample for gynaecological reasons) but I had a meltdown before I could do it. Now I've had gynaecological problems for over 10 years aand I've been told i could become infertile but i don't care sex is gross anyway. No way am I ever having an examination, not even if I get more chronic symptoms.

Tampons = NO.

I have qquite large breasts but I'llvtry sports. Bras.

Sorry I'mtyping on my fubar phone aatm sorry for the typos, I need a new phone.

I understand. I hate penetration and only had pelvic exams because I had cancer. Otherwise I'd have never had one again for the rest of my life. I'm supposed to be using dilators now because I did radiation for my cancer but I don't. When I posted about my not wanting to use them most people didn't understand.

If you have a serious gynecological problem they should let you do the exam while sedated/unconscious. I don't know what other problems you may have but if you have never been sexually active your risk for cervical cancer like I had should be very low. Now they think it's mostly caused by exposure to the hpv virus.

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2014, 8:47 am

From my experience it all depends of the underwear.

I got like 20 bras in my closet (they all "fit" why I try them on in a shop but not when I actually wear them...) and only 2 of them are comfortable enough to wear them on daily basic - but even from them I had to remove the whalebones because I couldn't stand them (btw. removing whalebones really helps).

With undies there is other story. I hate them since they make my pubic area itchy and painful, I even get hair follicles infections when using some of them. But I figured out a way to prevent this too: I buy XL or XXL panties instead of M (M is "recommended" for my height and weight) so they won't cling to my skin. And I make sure they are made of good quality cotton with soft seams. They are not easy to find but I was able to find some panties like that. And they were not expensive at all. In fact they were one of the cheapest ones available.
But I still have to use light pads when wearing undies or I get some problems "under there". I use very soft, cotton-like panty liners. I have to choose them carefully, there is not many of them I can comfortable wear. But recently I found a kind that does the trick - Facelle panty liners normal with Aloe Vera.

About menstruation - I also can't use tampons but I am fine with pads - even though it took me a long time to find ones that I am comfortable with. I avoid all the "drainnets" - it must be cotton-like and not just any cotton but a soft one that is however strong enough to stay with its shape. Bella Perfecta Blue, Maxi Blue and the new Bella Herbs do the trick. Sometimes I try to use other (since Bella pads are quite expensive) but I always return to those 3 kinds.

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2014, 9:08 am

SteelMaiden wrote:
I fidget and squirm constantly due to underwear.
Underwear is unbearable. I wish I didn't have breasts, I want mine removed but my GP said tthat was "stupid".

Yup! Hate bras, - bloody torture.

MOWHAWK1982
Raven
Raven

19 Jun 2014, 11:27 am

No problem dudette, put on a not-encumbering skirt made of the fabric you are comfortable with and you don't need to wear underwear anymore. You just need something to cover the nipples which is self-retaining otherwise you'd draw unwanted attention from sex driven dudes. Don't blame the dudes for your choices, cuz they ain't mindreaders.

As a skirt wearing dude, I know about the freedom that comes from it. :D I live in a country without sexual hysteria. That helps a lot. 8)

slave
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2014, 11:30 am

SteelMaiden wrote:
I just tore a large hole in one of my bras because the bloody thing gave me such severe sensory overload that I had a meltdown. I don't wear uunderwear at all at home. When I go out I fidget and squirm constantly due to underwear.

Do you have concerns about your gender?
ie. feeling that you are not meant to be female

Also, can you not be on the 'pill' to eliminate your periods? I've known several women that do so for that very reason.

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2014, 12:32 pm

It´s very unhealthy to do for a longer period, - stopping periods.

JoelFan
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2014, 12:42 pm

No Offense but shouldn't this be redirected to Adult Autism Issues or the Woman's section?

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2014, 1:00 pm

How come can't have anything in your vagina? Is it sensory?

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.