What do you think your reputation is?

Page 3 of 6 [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2014, 5:58 pm

In here, I figure, that I am she, who sometimes utters something sensible, sometimes something superfluous, who sometimes gives good advice and sometimes gives naive advice, and sometimes just spurt out facts. One, who is a little defensive.

Hmmm. Our answers really mirrors our thoughts about ourselves, - don´t they?

CJH123
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Jun 2014, 6:29 pm

Idk what so far my reputation is here on wrong planet as I have not been around long but I hope to think everybody so far thinks I'm a nice guy! In real life however I do have a reputation of being almost a loner and not very talkative (even though I really am and wm trying to work on that) but people know me as respectful and very kind hearted person who would never hurt anybody and that when talked to will respond because well thats being polite, I will do anything I can to help other's out.

Marybird
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2014, 6:57 pm

I don't know. I've been thinking about it. Not very friendly perhaps?
I don't think I have a reputation.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2014, 7:04 pm

You're as cute as that kitty.

Norny
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2014, 7:09 pm

Probably not good considering I've made a lot of argumentative posts regarding controversial topics related to NT.

In real life, I have no idea. I don't really have anyone to hold a reputation with other than 1 friend.

Marybird
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2014, 7:12 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
You're as cute as that kitty.

Thanks. :cat:

StarsInMyMargarita
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Jun 2014, 7:49 pm

In high school I was quiet, and found "friends" with a few students from different groups. But one day I overheard a girl that was nice to me in gym class telling other girls that she was only nice to me because she felt bad. That's something to feel good about. lol

At work I'm still quiet, but I care a lot less about being accepted than I did in high school. A coworker has told me a few times that I focus on doing my job and then get the heck out of there, and even if others thought that was weird, it was good by him.

My family is supportive. There's no way I'm the weirdest among my siblings.. I might even be my parents' favorite! ;)

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2014, 7:59 pm

Pretty much this, except with more guns and cigars.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2014, 7:59 pm

vickygleitz wrote:
OliveOilMom wrote:
On here most people probably think I'm a b***h, but that's ok cause it's true and I really am bitchy here a lot. In real life most people seem to be afraid of me, or at least my kids and friends and husband say that people are afraid of me. Why, I don't know.

People also think I'm crazier than I actually am. Maybe that's why they are afraid. Who knows.

I do not think you are a b***h. And I do not think you are crazy. I think you are an incredibly gifted writer. You can take reality, mix it up with fantasy, and have us all on the edge of our seats waiting for the next scene. And then, when and if you actually do go occassionally crazy, no one will be the wiser because it will take you no time to get us convinced that it's all just part of the story.

You are awesome.

Well, thank you. One thing though. What I post here is true. The only thing I change are names and identifying details and such. All the situations and events are true and really happened. Hence, my being crazy. I think life drove me there.

I know that most of what I tell here about my life and the people I know will come across like a fish story and all embellished, but it's not. I phrase things certain ways for emphasis, but the facts are the facts. I put emphasis on the absurdity. I like absurd things.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2014, 8:07 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
vickygleitz wrote:
OliveOilMom wrote:
On here most people probably think I'm a b***h, but that's ok cause it's true and I really am bitchy here a lot. In real life most people seem to be afraid of me, or at least my kids and friends and husband say that people are afraid of me. Why, I don't know.

People also think I'm crazier than I actually am. Maybe that's why they are afraid. Who knows.

I do not think you are a b***h. And I do not think you are crazy. I think you are an incredibly gifted writer. You can take reality, mix it up with fantasy, and have us all on the edge of our seats waiting for the next scene. And then, when and if you actually do go occassionally crazy, no one will be the wiser because it will take you no time to get us convinced that it's all just part of the story.

You are awesome.

I don't think you're a b***h either. I like your style of posting.

Thank you! I like yours too. I read your earlier post and I want to say that I think you are mature and very wise and I'd certainly go to you for, and probably follow your advice. The liking retro stuff I totally get. I'm retro myself. I've gotten looks when I've gone out in full regalia from whatever decade I choose for the day, but I don't care. Being able to pull it off well takes skill and knowledge. We had to learn how to make ourselves groovy or whatever compliment fits depending on my particular decade of the day. The people who look at us funny about it couldn't pull off the look and the persona that me and you can do, if they tried.

I would so love to meet you in person and both of us get fixed up in full balls to the wall mod gear and find a retro place to go to and listen to music, eat, talk and dance. I'm dying to find a place to actually rock the "That Girl" look before my legs go completely south from age.

You are nothing like a 21 year old. You are grown and you show it a lot. You may have the "young at heart" thing of a 21 year old, which you may mistake for being immature but you are responsible, trustworthy and again, wise. Don't ever lose the thing where in your head you ARE a 21 year old and can rock 21 year old fashion, music and culture though. I held on to that. I'm still waiting to "feel grown up", yet I'm a grandmother. I think holding on to that feeling of youth is good.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

stabilator
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Jun 2014, 10:03 pm

I guess that at WP I am probably viewed as a really boring, uninteresting, weird, old homo.

Beyond WP, in the rest of the world and rest of the internet places I go to, it seems that I am usually considered a disgusting freak and a horrible abomination, needing at minimum to be outcasted, if not punished. If not that, I am usually just very very boring and dull, and dressing terribly, it seems.

nyxjord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2014, 12:09 pm

On WP: too soon to have a reputation.
At school: smart, book nerdy but only seen in class
At work: friendly/ outgoing (until my battery is dead, then quiet the rest of day), smart and good worker.
In real life/ at home: moody/ bipolar (again, depending on battery level and whether or not bf decided to forewarn me that he was picking up kids.) if I have been warned then I am able to prepare but if not, then it's ugly. I'm ok with the kids. When I'm by myself (natural state), then I read a lot.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2014, 12:12 pm

Probably as someone who obsessively posts. :lol:

KB8CWB
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2014, 12:20 pm

babybird wrote:
Probably as someone who obsessively posts. :lol:

Naw! You don't obsessively post. Not that I see at any rate.

For me I have no bloody idea what others think of me here. I hope better then society in general but I would not be surprised if it was just as bad.

Everywhere else I am considered weird, strange, an outcast, etc. I looked at my old military papers the other day as info was needed for my disability application. Either I had forgotten or missed it but the CO of one base called me a misfit. But on another base I received a scholastic commendation.

I am mostly ignored and not liked. I don't see that ever changing. Anyone ever got closed to always ended up hurting me and showing true colours. That is once they got what they were after as I tend to be gullible and often times people use me. -sigh-

Transyl
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2014, 1:15 pm

It can vary quite a bit site to site and person to person. But in real life people know me as the one who doesn't talk. Not all realize that I stutter because I say as little as possible to prevent stuttering. So it's quite likely they think I'm rude, weird, dull, etc.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

30 Jun 2014, 12:07 am

My reputation changed. A couple years ago my rep was obsessively posting about being lonely or being in love with iCarly star, Miranda Cosgrove. I'm not sure what my rep is now sense I have a girlfriend & don't come here too much sometimes.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition