Page 7 of 7 [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2014, 11:20 pm

I understand that NM is a good place to build a subterranean house, the climate and earth are right for such.

KnowledgeSeeker
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Jul 2014, 11:22 pm

This is true. Where we live near Taos in northern New Mexico, there are a number of earthships and they are a cool thing to visit. Maybe in another situation that would be a fun thing to do.

JSBACHlover
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2014, 11:25 pm

I have learned to temper my humor. NTs only respect serious people, and NTs don't get Aspie humor.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2014, 11:28 pm

I so stand out like a sore thumb that I am invisible, ala "background noise." people tune out background noise.

MelPhee
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Jul 2014, 12:01 am

I love to dress in radiant colors and patterns, I love paisley. It just makes me feel better. It might look a bit like a hippie but I am not putting any message in (not deliberately). But I know that it is considered inappropriate given the looks I get from the girls in the office I have to pass to go into my safe zone where the developers hiding. I seem to fit in there and feel OK as they all seem not to care too much about fashion. The level of generic weirdness is high in the department. The office girls bullying me anyway if I give them a chance so they better have my style as a subject than my behaviour.

murasaki_ahiru
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Jul 2014, 4:26 am

LastSanityJermaine wrote:
I wear stuff nowadays that are elwire like this
[img][800:683]http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/085/e/5/for_sale__gamer_el_wire_panels_for_t_shirts_by_rocket_fish-d5zc7sy.png[/img]

If you want unique graphic Shirts and hoodies. you go to TeeFury or RedBubble.

Agree there's many awesome tees on there. I like Fright Rags range and 80's Tees stuff too.
http://www.fright-rags.com/images/main- ... imator.jpg

JSBACHlover
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2014, 8:57 am

Hmm. That's quite the consistent wardrobe. It's like having a uniform.

It's hot and humid in Missouri where I live. My work clothes are black which doesn't help, but at least when I'm home I have comfy T-shirts with the tags ripped out of them and some roomy cargo pants to wear. And I have the temp set to 65.

Coda
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 Jul 2014, 12:22 pm

For me, my casual wear usually consists of a polo shirt (usually a Ralph Lauren polo because the material they use to make the polo's are nice on my skin) with all the tags cut out and some jeans that have elastic at the bottom of the legs (I have about 10 pairs of jeans, all different colours). I wear Timberland Earthkeepers (they're really comfortable and the laces stay tied) and seamless socks. That kind of outfit is really comfortable for me and I can happily wear it all day without any problems.

Your neurodiverse (Autistic) score: 193 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-Autistic) score: 23 of 200

"Different but not less."

Eureka13
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2014, 2:17 pm

In public:

Very very soft stretchy jeans that do not bind at the waist.
Cotton top, either t-shirt for casual or button-up for work.
Cotton socks (3 seasons).
Tennis shoes or boots (3 seasons).
Flip-flops (summer). The Teva "Mush" flip-flops don't irritate my feet like most other flip-flops or sandals do.

At home:
Depends on the temperature. I live in Colorado and heat with wood, so in the coldest part of winter I wear oversized microfleece pajamas and sheepskin booties.
In the spring and fall, cotton flannel PJ bottoms and long or short-sleeved t-shirt (also oversized).
In the summer, either a cotton knit short nightie or t-shirt and men's cotton knit boxer briefs. When it gets really warm, I would prefer to wear nothing, but I don't really want to sit on the furniture without something between it and me, due to the furniture all being pretty saturated with cat hair. :!:

Clearly, I don't give a rat's a$$ about fashion, it's all about comfort. :)

GlennBecksTears
Raven
Raven

09 Jul 2014, 2:26 pm

Stoek wrote:
Any ideas for alternative ways to dress.

Starting to think developing my own style might be a good idea.

Sweats and a t-shirt. Keep that s**t simple. :)

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2014, 12:39 pm

I don't have time to read the whole thread at the moment but it's winter down here and in recent weeks I've discovered a way to increase my geek cred. I bought one of those Ayegear jackets and keep a netbook in the left inside pocket. I've gotten some positive reactions from people who never thought you could carry a laptop in your pocket.

The right side has plenty of room for other stuff. I've started carrying DSs in it so when I'm at some social function I can start an impromptu multiplayer Mario Kart Session. This is quite effective if you're amidst gamers. The look is completed by a Pebble watch, just to make sure people know I'm a slave to technology. Gotta keep up with the Jetsons after all.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2014, 12:49 pm

DeepHour wrote:
Gzac95 wrote:
With respect, I ask why would you want to do that? Why would you want to purposly design your dress to fit a certain parameter. Why do you WANT people to see you a certain way? The fact that you do is fine, but I don't understand what you're trying to do. Why do you feel the need to bring attention to yourself with your attire?

Absolutely. How can anyone with a triple-figure IQ care about any of this nonsense? Full stop.

Not entirely sure what my IQ is.....but I would say sometimes I do dress in specific ways not always, but it happens. Like when I wear tightish jeans, a band t-shirt and my vest with metal band patches I am hoping people take it to mean I enjoy metal music and if they have a similar interest then it can make for interesting conversation....if someone really takes an issue with people who are into metal then they can stay away. Usually though I dress more for how I want to look, then how others would want me to look. So to an extent I understand dressing certain ways to give of certain impressions....though not in the sense of needing to be fashionable or having to conform to current styles or whatever.