Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

nyxjord
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2014, 1:46 pm

I was wondering if anyone else has a comforting scent that if they smell, will help calm/ soothe them? I would say that my favorite perfume (Light Blue for women), the smell of apple candles and pumpkin candles really soothe me.

morslilleole
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2014, 1:56 pm

The scent of fresh rain and the scent of freshly washed clothes / bedsheets works for me. Though the first one might be hard on synthesize.

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2014, 4:21 pm

The scent of vanilla is really calming to me, I like to use vanilla scented soap because it kind of puts me at ease.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2014, 4:25 pm

I like the smell of soap.

It takes me back to when I was a kid.

anotherswede
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 Jun 2014, 4:39 pm

I like Celine Fever pH (this is discontinued now) and Burberry London pH (this is everywhere).

They are cosy and warm to my nose. The kind of scent that makes you think of sitting in your sofa in blankets drinking a cup of hot cocoa while the rain pours down outside on an autumn evening.

And I also like vanilla.

CosmicRuss
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2014, 5:24 pm

I love neroli or German chamomile aromatherapy oils. They immediately fill my heart with comfort.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2014, 9:02 pm

I've always loved the smell of new tires. Like when you walk into the room where they store racks of new tires for sale.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2014, 9:15 pm

morslilleole wrote:
The scent of fresh rain and the scent of freshly washed clothes / bedsheets works for me. Though the first one might be hard on synthesize.

can relate to fresh rain. it's just so soothing for me, but unfortunately we're in a severe drought right now and we don't get a lot of rain anyway so that stinks.

also, the scent of my LO. It takes me back to 2012 and freshman year of high school. man those were good years.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

StarsInMyMargarita
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 Jun 2014, 9:58 pm

I like holiday smells. Pumpkins, pine, fireworks. I usually avoid the mall, but I love going after they've decorated for Christmas. It looks and smells so pretty.

I like the smell of summer rain too. And sometimes gas stations. lol

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2014, 12:42 am

There are a lot of nice scents I like that are soothing and calming. I like driving by the local cedar mills because the smell of western red cedar is so awesome.

I also like the anti-anxyolitic scent of neroli - the essential oil from the blood orange blossom, that is the base of almost every fine perfume/cologne ever. I buy orange blossom water, a Lebanese product (ironically, Lebanon is also famous for it's cedar trees) made for drinking. They drink it as a sort of cure-all. I put it in a small spray bottle and spray it on my skin as it's helps prevent skin from getting so oily and is a great deodorizer. When I spray it on my face I inhale deeply through my nose and the scent is very calming. People use it to spray crying babies or dogs that are freaking out to calm them down with the scent. Try and find a bottle at your local store - it's only a couple of dollars for a bottle of water infused with it vs. a lot of money for concentrated essential oil. (which may be a better value in the long run, but buying it ready to drink is potent enough and super cheap.)

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2014, 4:29 am

Ever since I was little, my mom has been obsessed with scented candles. I grew up loving the scent of them; I love going into the grocery store and inhaling the different scents, helping her pick out which ones we should use for the house...

I wish so badly that I could be trusted to keep a candle burning in my bedroom, but there are a lot of flammable things in my room and I tend to be clumsy and knock things over, so that's not going to happen. :(

Other scents I enjoy: fresh laundry, rain, chlorine (I love to swim!), lilacs, lavender, "earthy" smells (can't really explain it; it's like this outdoorsy, musty smell that gets on me after I go running or when I smell my cat's fur...) freshly mowed lawn, baby powder, body wash, deodorant (I especially love the scent of men's deodorant for some reason).

WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2014, 2:48 pm

I like the smell of real Christmas trees. We would get one every holiday season mainly because of the smell. I also like the smell of gingerbread during that time of year, as well.

I also find the smells of vanilla, rain, popcorn, coconut, lilacs, hyacinths, and Suave deodorant soothing, as well.

olympiadis
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2014, 9:53 pm

Bearded Iris,
Tiger Swallowtails,
and certain species of ants related to the Citronella ants.
WD-40 is nice too.

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2014, 1:59 am

Vanilla-anything. Candles, body lotions, etc.

a_dork
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Jun 2014, 2:49 am

I like to wrap myself in fresh laundry; smells clean and feels warm at the same time! :lol:

― L. Frank Baum, The Wonderful Wizard of Oz

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2014, 4:37 pm

Freshly cut lawns
The smell of country hay and soil
The scent of the ocean
The herbal scent of wild flowers
The scent that ladybugs give off
The smell of scented flowers
The scent of pine trees