Social handicap is worse than missing a limb

Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2014, 9:14 am

CyclopsSummers wrote:
See, that whole 'lack of empathy' thing that some Aspergers and HFAs on here are so confused about, and some claim is a straight up lie invented by the big bad non-autistic society?

This thread is a prime example of that. That, and lack of imagination. God damn.

So Aspies ''lack empathy'' because we don't understand how it feels for a physically handicapped person, but most NTs don't understand how it feels for Aspies but still don't lack empathy?

AnnePande
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2014, 9:49 am

Joe90 wrote:
CyclopsSummers wrote:
See, that whole 'lack of empathy' thing that some Aspergers and HFAs on here are so confused about, and some claim is a straight up lie invented by the big bad non-autistic society?

This thread is a prime example of that. That, and lack of imagination. God damn.

So Aspies ''lack empathy'' because we don't understand how it feels for a physically handicapped person, but most NTs don't understand how it feels for Aspies but still don't lack empathy?

^ This.

But anyway, I don't think it's helpful either to say which disability is "worse". It's not a competition about feeling most bad.

I do struggle with my AS issues, still I am grateful that I can walk around, see, hear and such.