Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2014, 4:48 pm

My favourite French vegetable is called Asperge. :P (Asparagus in English).

loner1984
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2014, 7:54 pm

Yeah i do, They are a key part in a healthy diet where you dont have to go hungry.

The key to making them taste even better is using salsa or some other healthy pasta sauce without any sugar.

Salsa is basically vegetables mixed together in a sauce with spice, it makes it not only taste better but also able to eat vegatable faster. its very low calories.

The problem im guessing why many people have these ideas of throwing up, its because what tastes good is bad for you, and have ruined and i mean broken your taste buds, fastefood, soda, candy, it absolutely wrecks your taste buds totally.

The further you get away and the longer you go, the better healthy food like vegetables taste. Same why many people say tap water tastes of nothing or crap. when you ditch the soda and energy drinks after a few weeks or months suddenly water "icecold" tastes amazing, and its good for you and have ZERO calories or sugar.

The frozen vegetables i eat, have like 30 calories per 100g. so even if you eat 1 kilo thats only 300 calories. They are wonder foods, if you ever feel like you are going hungry while living healthy. Even the most fat person in the world. would never have to go hungry just eat 2 kilos of vegetables or 3kg still only 600 or 900 calories. and that will FILL you up for a long long time.

Salt while not good to get to much off, can help your vegetables taste better. I mean a little salt isnt bad, body needs it, and again unhealthy foods are loaded with salt, still dont understand why.

Best way imo to make vegetables is to put them in the microwave in a box that holds the vegatables with a box beneat for some water, they get warmed and steamed. if they are boiled they get all wet and mushy not like.

Lukeda420
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2014, 1:04 pm

Narrator wrote:
I dislike steamed vegetables because they usually make me want to throw up. My wife and kids think I'm peculiar because they love veggies.

If Aspergers is possibly a throwback, could this be a related trait?

I love them and eat them all the time. It's probably because they're steamed. Steamed veggies are usually pretty bland and unappetizing. Try cooking them in a different way like sauteeing or roasting them.

tetris
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2014, 3:31 pm

I like boiled broccoli, mashed/boiled/roasted potatoes, boiled petis pois peas. I will not eat any others.