Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

jenisautistic
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2014, 3:53 pm

I think acting is wonderful for autistics. Its too bad for all the senserary issues though. i want to be an actress wish i was in autism the musical documentary. I love the idea of nonverbal singing
both for young and old autistics. I did it when i was younger and i think it is a beautiful language. learning though characters is also wonderful. i was in my schools drama club in 9th grade and have no group currently. any of you like acting and singing? my grandma and uncle don't really approve of acting as a career though. my friends also like acting and singing. does anyone learn though characters? :D

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2014, 4:56 pm

I remember taking acting therapy at my clubhouse about 10-14 years ago. All we did was read from scripts and I was always reading the part of which ever character was the Cockney. One day the director of the programme asked if I wanted to read a male script. I physically jumped at the chance, even though that character was also a Cockney. I found it annoying at the time, but I see how it all makes sense.

SameStars
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2014, 5:11 pm

A few years ago, I was in a sort of group therapy (not for autism) where we had to role play. I probably would have liked it better had there been a script, but it was improvisation. Still, it was kind of nice. I believe it can be beneficial.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2014, 5:33 pm

Never did "acting therapy". But did take a college course in acting. It was a great experience. Anyone (nt, aspie, whatever) can benifit from it. Have taken some voiceover classes (which involve acting) as well. Even if its not for a career its a good experince. Forces you to use imagination, and to interact and to mutually direct the person you're doing a scene with.

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2014, 3:10 am

I´ve taken many acting courses (among those 2 seasons of Stanislavskij and a chechov) to get over my fear of social situations, and it does wonders.
Actually many aspies make terriffic actors, because they analyze well and function well in predictable situations......as long as they know, what´s coming.

I have been told, that my acting and my sense of the stage is good, but I CAN`T IMPROVISE!