Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Cerublue
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Sep 2014, 9:59 pm

Someone that I am romantically involved with is an aspie. We aren't dating or are we yet a couple. Our situation may seem weird as our relationship is entirely long distance and we live in separate countries. Meeting, neither of us thought we'd get as far as we did, as us meeting was completely random. It's been almost a year and a half I've known him and I'm more than certain he's someone i can see myself settling down with and marrying. But right now we are experiencing this weird subject of love.

There was a point were I was more than sure I loved him. There are so many traits and qualities to him that I adore and cherish. Which is why I'm so dedicated to our relationship and wanting of it to work. But lately, he brings up the subject of love as something that he doesn't understand. He's never loved anyone other than his family and doesn't know if he will ever be able to love someone else like normal people love. He seems to think he's too autistic to love. And I don't know how to answer when he talks that way. He's making me question whether I actually know what love is or not. Do I really love him? Is it even possible? What is this I feel if it's not love and how can I get him to recognise his own feelings? Even if he thinks he's not capable of loving, I know for a fact that he does care about me. And that alone means love. He may not believe that but I think so. No matter what, he's great for me. And I can't imagine not having him in my life. He could never be too autistic for me. He is so ashamed and I wish he could understand just how amazing he is to me. But there are just times I'm afraid he might never love me the way I love him. Or he might not realise it and eventually give up on us. He asks me how does he know if he loves someone.... What do I say? How would i know how he's feeling?

BeggingTurtle
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2014, 7:10 am

I'm assuming that you met him online.

The truth is, you really can't. Just spend time with him. In person. What people did before computers existed.

1401b
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2014, 7:07 pm

BeggingTurtle wrote:
I'm assuming that you met him online.

The truth is, you really can't. Just spend time with him. In person. What people did before computers existed.

   ! !??