Page 1 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2014, 9:04 am

i learned basic astrology around 7 years back.

There is a connection between malefic planets and asperger syndrome
in my birth chart / horoscope it can be clearly seen.

some articles mentioning this planetary combinations

http://www.astroupay.com/2014/01/asperg ... astro.html
http://bharatiyajyotishmantrasaadhana.b ... ology.html
http://saieditor.com/fourth/?p=681
http://bharatiyajyotishmantrasaadhana.w ... r-planets/

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2014, 9:16 am

Astrology is bunkum. Why worry yourself with such tripe?

Rocket123
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2014, 10:37 am

My favorite quote on Big Bang Theory is when Sheldon responding to Penny's comment about being a Sagittarius ("I'm a Sagittarius, which probably tells you way more than you need to know") replies:

"It tells us that you participate in the mass cultural delusion that the sun's apparent position relative to arbitrarily defined constellations at the time of your birth somehow affects your personality".

I LOL every time I hear him say it.

LupaLuna
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2014, 11:05 am

Do yourself a favor and get out of astrology, it's a dead end street. Before I knew I had Asperger's. I would have astrologers coming up to me and and telling me that my AS(which I didn't know at the time) was the sign of becoming the great indigo child. Which is a bunch of bull. Go get yourself a telescope and study astronomy instead.

ElsaFlowers
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 Aug 2014, 1:03 pm

I believe in astrology. Why do so many people say things are rubbish just because they cannot be proven by science? I'm glad I don't have such a closed mind.

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2014, 1:10 pm

ElsaFlowers wrote:
I believe in astrology. Why do so many people say things are rubbish just because they cannot be proven by science? I'm glad I don't have such a closed mind.

astrology itself is science
its precise with use of mathematics, logic, statistics for calculation
its a subject in the university atleast in india.

western astrology isnt that precise
because it uses sun as centre for calculation
but indian astrology uses moon for calculation
and its way precise.

as human error the astrologer can make mistakes

but im not here to argue about astrology as a pseudo science or quantum physics
im here just to inform that affliction to moon with southnod or, uranus is a sign of asperger

frodz
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

31 Aug 2014, 1:30 pm

No, astrology is not a science. Whether it "uses" mathematics/statistics or not, that does not make it science. You could do science without mathematics, mathematics is merely the preferred language of modern science.

ElsaFlowers wrote:

It has nothing to do with things being proven by science or not, it is that the premise is ridiculous.

Sodalite
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

31 Aug 2014, 2:07 pm

How about y'all leave her alone and if you don't like astrology, then don't post on this thread. Geez... It doesn't matter if you think it's real or not. It's just plain rude to s**t on someone's interests like this. Believe me, there's soooooo many other people in the world who have open scorn for astrology. If someone can endure that and still have interest/find value in it, you don't need to insert your opinion in. Seriously. If you don't like it, and it's not hurting anyone, just leave it alone.

frodz
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

31 Aug 2014, 2:13 pm

Sodalite wrote:
How about y'all leave her alone and if you don't like astrology, then don't post on this thread. Geez... It doesn't matter if you think it's real or not. It's just plain rude to sh** on someone's interests like this. Believe me, there's soooooo many other people in the world who have open scorn for astrology. If someone can endure that and still have interest/find value in it, you don't need to insert your opinion in. Seriously. If you don't like it, and it's not hurting anyone, just leave it alone.

Notice I didn't jump in until the OP made nonsense claims about astrology being a science, I was trained as a scientist so I think I have some right to get involved in that. And that strawman comments were being made as to the reasons people disagree.

How about you stop telling people what they can and can't say?

sharkattack
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2014, 2:46 pm

TallyMan wrote:
Astrology is bunkum. Why worry yourself with such tripe?

You beat me to it.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2014, 2:50 pm

Well I'll remain spectacle.

sharkattack
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2014, 2:58 pm

Sodalite wrote:
How about y'all leave her alone and if you don't like astrology, then don't post on this thread. Geez... It doesn't matter if you think it's real or not. It's just plain rude to sh** on someone's interests like this. Believe me, there's soooooo many other people in the world who have open scorn for astrology. If someone can endure that and still have interest/find value in it, you don't need to insert your opinion in. Seriously. If you don't like it, and it's not hurting anyone, just leave it alone.

People on this board have given me great advice.
I like to be honest in return.

If the OP likes astrology fine but I have open scorn for astrology and I am not going to lie about it.

Astrology and those who practice it for profit are praying on the vulnerable and naive.
As this is a board that deals with Aspergers and autism I would hate to see lonely people being ripped off by these modern witch doctors.

NiceCupOfTea
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2014, 3:30 pm

im here just to inform that affliction to moon with southnod or, uranus is a sign of asperger

So if astrology is so scientific, what's the science behind inanimate objects millions of miles away from earth having an influence on human personality traits? Why would the moon's relative position to Uranus decide whether somebody has Asperger's? As opposed to, y'know, things a little bit closer to home, like genes and the environment/culture we grow up in.

Rocket123
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2014, 3:38 pm

sharkattack wrote:
If the OP likes astrology fine but I have open scorn for astrology and I am not going to lie about it.

Well, there is one benefit with the theory (of linkage between ASD and the location of objects in the universe). It would simplify the diagnosis process (and, I suppose, we would no longer need testing). I wonder if people would then complain about over- and mis- diagnosis.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2014, 3:41 pm

NiceCupOfTea wrote:

So if astrology is so scientific, what's the science behind inanimate objects millions of miles away from earth having an influence on human personality traits? Why would the moon's relative position to Uranus decide whether somebody has Asperger's? As opposed to, y'know, things a little bit closer to home, like genes and the environment/culture we grow up in.

The science is plucked from Uranus. :wink:

NiceCupOfTea
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2014, 4:01 pm

@TallyMan - Well, I speak out of myanus, so I guess I have something in common with astrology after all... <_<.