Do you ever feel older / younger than you actually are?

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Cadagan
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Sep 2014, 9:07 am

When I'm alone, I always feel really old and tired and ready to die.
But whenever I'm around people, I feel like I should still be the little kid no-one pays attention to,
which is really weird to me since I'm 6'1" and taller than pretty much everyone I know.
I sometimes have to remind myself that I'm not the youngest or smallest, and that's why everyone is so short.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2014, 10:21 am

olympiadis wrote:
There's almost always a feeling of anachronism.

I can totally relate to how you're feeling, there, because I have often wondered if someone made a mistake on my birth certificate, and I'm at least 10 years older than it says I am. I've experienced so many things that someone older has experienced. Aside from the fact that everyone has always called me an "Old Soul", I've already been through "the change" (I'm at the age, now, where women are just going INTO menopause). I have beginning cataracts----something people don't usually get until much older----and, other stuff.

Deb1970
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2014, 9:29 pm

I've always felt younger. I emotional developed much slower then my peers. I'm in my 40's now and have no children and never married. I don't share the same experiences as other people my age. I watch the movie Mr. Bean over and over again and collect toys.

- Edgar Allan Poe -

Marybird
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2014, 9:44 pm

I feel younger than I am.
Around other adults, I feel like a child.

ZombieBrideXD
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2014, 9:54 pm

Younger for me, i act younger too, thats the definition of Developmental Delay "a child who acts younger than their age"

DA: http://mephilesdark123.deviantart.com