Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

gaz34
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Oct 2014, 9:52 pm

Does anyone own any reptiles?I have a rankin dragon (a mini bearded dragon) and a crested gecko.

gaz34
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Oct 2014, 9:53 pm

I probably should have posted this in another section :?

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2014, 10:07 pm

my sister, with whom i lived, had a bearded dragon for years. fed it crickets and meal worms. one day its tail fell off. the vet said it would be okay, but it died in a few days. it was a female named fredwinna. it used to go for walks and snuggle on my sister's shoulder.

gaz34
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Oct 2014, 10:13 pm

cathylynn wrote:
my sister, with whom i lived, had a bearded dragon for years. fed it crickets and meal worms. one day its tail fell off. the vet said it would be okay, but it died in a few days. it was a female named fredwinna. it used to go for walks and snuggle on my sister's shoulder.

They're pretty cool bearded dragons. I would have got one if I had the space. :)

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2014, 10:23 pm

I do.Ive got a Tokay Gecko,Ball Python,and a Leopard Gecko.My Iguana died several months back,a big loss.All my lizards are friendly and will hand feed,except the Tokay doesn't want to be held.I can pet her,that's quite an accomplishment if you are familiar with their disposition. :D
In the past I've had an Cuban Anole,Brown Anole,Green Anole and a House Gecko.I'd really love to have a Savannah Monitor,maybe one day.

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2014, 10:26 pm

Yeah I have a carpet python and a water python. I don't stay in one spot long enough to have a pet that needs more attention than a snake.

gaz34
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Oct 2014, 10:31 pm

Misslizard wrote:
I do.Ive got a Tokay Gecko,Ball Python,and a Leopard Gecko.My Iguana died several months back,a big loss.All my lizards are friendly and will hand feed,except the Tokay doesn't want to be held.I can pet her,that's quite an accomplishment if you are familiar with their disposition. :D
In the past I've had an Cuban Anole,Brown Anole,Green Anole and a House Gecko.I'd really love to have a Savannah Monitor,maybe one day.

Aw, I'm jealous you have so many. I love they're so quirky and laid back compared to keeping cats and dogs. My crested gecko hates being handled, he's right feisty one, but very entertaining to watch. The other one is uber laid back does nothing all day lol. I really want a savannah monitor too (I think we call them ackie monitors in uk). I've had turtles in the past as well but they're a pina to keep clean toherwise I'd probably still have one or two.

gaz34
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Oct 2014, 10:35 pm

yellowtamarin wrote:
Yeah I have a carpet python and a water python. I don't stay in one spot long enough to have a pet that needs more attention than a snake.

I never saw the appeal of snakes at all until quite recently, watching yt videos. I'm curious about what they're like to handle I might as the store clerk next time I'm in the shop.

Falloy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Oct 2014, 3:11 am

I like reptiles but I've never kept any myself.

They are my girlfriend's special interest though. At the moment she has a spiny tailed iguana, a desert iguana and a leopard gecko. They're all rescued animals.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

15 Oct 2014, 5:53 am

I've always wanted one, ever since I was a child but my mom was never gonna let that happen. One of my earliest special interests was dinosaurs and reptiles to me as a kid were just like living dinosaurs and they've always fascinated me. I hope that one day I''ll be able to be comfortable enough money wise where I can pursue it as a hobby.

Zincubus
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2014, 8:15 am

Guess I'm the WP " snake guy " then :)

I have 13 snakes at the moment .... Including a very rare adult Male Snow Boa !

So I currently have Boas , Corn snakes , Royal Pythons , King snakes , a jet Black Garter snake , a Rhino Rat snake , a totally unique hybrid King x Milk snake and I'm on the verge of completing a deal as we speak for a another special snake .. a Dwarf Hypo Burmese python :)

I can strongly recommend snakes and indeed snake keeping to any Aspies / autistics out there . It's covers all the bases for me . It's one of my main obsessions and you can spend as much or a little time as you want on them .

I may put some photos up later ....

Last edited by Zincubus on 15 Oct 2014, 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zincubus
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2014, 8:19 am

Jacoby wrote:
I've always wanted one, ever since I was a child but my mom was never gonna let that happen. One of my earliest special interests was dinosaurs and reptiles to me as a kid were just like living dinosaurs and they've always fascinated me. I hope that one day I''ll be able to be comfortable enough money wise where I can pursue it as a hobby.

It's really not that expensive to start up if you use the second hand reptile market .

You can pick up a lovely baby Corn snake and set up for £40 / $60 if you use snake forums.

Zincubus
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2014, 8:34 am

Imperial Peublan King x Milk hybrid

High Contrast Albino Royal Python

Rhino Rat snake

Last edited by Zincubus on 15 Oct 2014, 8:53 am, edited 3 times in total.

Zincubus
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2014, 8:45 am

Snow Boa

Lavender Albino Florida King snake

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2014, 10:26 am

Nice Pics :)
I?ve held reptiles and snakes but never owned one, I liked their weight and slow movement and looking at them in their tanks. I know you can you buy tinned lizard/snake food, is that for smaller species only?

corvuscorax
Toucan
Toucan

15 Oct 2014, 10:29 am

I wish I could own them but they cost too much for me to keep. I do have three birds though :)

"Don't be That One Aspie..."