Do People With ASDHave A Problem With Injustice

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2016, 1:13 pm

If you have ASD do you have a problem with injustice , deceit , lies etc. Would you get involved with a situation of injustice which had nothing to with you and probably cause you problems in doing so? Is this an ASD trait or just a personality trait.

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2016, 1:52 pm

I think it's common with ASD--that tendency toward black-and-white thinking. Personally, I get really mad whenever I think an autistic or otherwise disabled person is being treated badly, or when I feel the teacher isn't being fair to the class.

arachnids
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Sep 2016, 2:51 pm

I have a big problem with accepting justice issues and with people being deceitful. Many people I work with are deceitful and it drives me crazy. My colleagues just accept it though.

I like things to be open, honest and fair, but the world that the neurotypicals have created for us is anything but :?

I am not taking the damn Venlafaxine!

On Propranolol

I like cats, trees and spiders.

'In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act' George Orwell

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2016, 2:55 pm

Many people are irritated/angry about injustice.

Aspies/autistics tend to take it more to heart.

rats_and_cats
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2016, 3:05 pm

To me, hearing about injustice is physically exhausting but I sometimes can't stop myself from calling people out especially if it's abuse of any kind. That got me in trouble. I shouted "Hey!" at a mom being very obviously abusive to her daughter (calling her stupid and worthless and slapping her face hard enough to be audible from some distance) and she turned around and screamed the same things at me. I've been abused by a parent, and that sent me back. I saw a very skinny puppy (ribs and hip bones poking out) at the pet store and asked an employee if she knew where the puppies come from. She glared at me and I'm sure she wished she could kick me out.

SlowMazorati
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Sep 2016, 3:16 pm

I have a huge problem with injustice and lies. I also have a problem if I get too involved in someone else's problem. But I can't change. It would be great if all people were honest and respected others. I do tend to tell even strangers these days if they are being over the top with someone else. But if it's happening to me I'm so slow to realise that I just doormat it. I find that society in general doesn't run to my defence. Quite the opposite. But I don't want to be like that myself. Caring about people and justice is definitely part of me. Very little else is.