Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

LokiofSassgard
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2014, 8:38 pm

Do you ever get upset when sites or servers go under very unexpected maintenance? I don't want to feel like I'm the only one that does either. It drives me nuts, especially if I'm in the middle of something or I want to do something, but the site or server is down. It can upset me greatly because it's so unexpected. The only time I don't get this way is if the maintenance was planned ahead of time, or I get a moment's notice saying it'll happen beforehand.

What sparked this idea was having the Nintendo server going down for maintenance though. It made me go nuts because I wanted to check something. It's worse because it'll probably take them over an hour just to get things back up again.

MadHatterMatador
Raven
Raven

28 Oct 2014, 8:54 pm

Yes. I remember one forum I used to post on that would be down for maintenance a lot. During the SOPA protests when websites were going down for the day, someone jokingly asked, "In honor of the protests, will these boards be down for the whole day? Or just the usual 93% of the day?" Yeah, it's pretty annoying.

AQ: 46

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2014, 8:59 pm

Yes, but it doesn't really bother me, unless it's my bank, and it's SSDI Check Day, and I want to pull money out of the account.

dianthus
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2014, 9:50 pm

I get really frustrated when I am shopping on a website, and my order won't go through due to heavy traffic and/or website malfunctioning. Worst ever was when I was trying to place an order on Belk.com last year on Black Friday. Their servers just weren't up to par to handle the amount of traffic they were getting and the entire site crashed.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2014, 9:58 pm

It happens, but it's no big deal to me, I'll just go back later.

MadHatterMatador wrote:
Yes. I remember one forum I used to post on that would be down for maintenance a lot. During the SOPA protests when websites were going down for the day, someone jokingly asked, "In honor of the protests, will these boards be down for the whole day? Or just the usual 93% of the day?"

:lol: That must have been one "fun" forum to be on!

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765