Page 1 of 4 [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2014, 11:58 am

Oh my goodness, Kraftie and AspieUtah, It is so amazing how it all worked out. I feel really blessed like God worked it out for me. I talked to the person who originally noticed it this morning and he is so happy for me. He told me that the second job that he is in where we met, he will be taking a break from this year. So if the timing had been any different I might not have ever met him. And if my husband and I had not gone to the Autism Expo and the Special Olympics rep had not recruited me and convinced me to join and if I had never tried the one sport which is where I met the the person who told me about OVR, I would have never met you guys nor ever known that I was Autistic. So it's been an amazing journey. I feel very blessed. Everything happened at the right time and each person was placed strategically in my path in order for me to find out.

Wreck It Ralph

Toy_Soldier
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2014, 12:25 pm

I am glad that you have gotten peace of mind and a validation of what you believed inside. Its nice too you don't see it as a new obstacle, but rather a clarification of the hill you have been climbing all along. Its good too in that it works with your goals. Your almost a poster child to show diagnosis can be a useful thing. :) I think one of the things that also helps is you have a lot of spirit, and try to mold things in a positive direction.

eggheadjr
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2014, 12:25 pm

Congratulations - so happy to hear that you finally had the opportunity to go down this path!

Take care :D

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2014, 12:36 pm

Thank you so much Toy Soldier and Egghead. Your posts are so encouraging. :D It is so great to be in this community where there is so much love and encouragement and support.

Wreck It Ralph

rebbieh
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2014, 1:32 pm

skibum wrote:
Yeah. Rebbieh, it is kind of weird that we congratulate each other on that. But it is very understandable because of what we have to endure in life. We are a special bunch! :D

Yes, it's understandable. So congratulations (again). :)

nyxjord
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2014, 1:38 pm

Oh gosh I'm so happy for you. Congratulations! I know that once I received my DX, I finally felt like I felt like I belonged somewhere-- for the first time in my life. I'm glad that you are finally validated.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2014, 2:27 pm

Thank you! :D

Wreck It Ralph

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2014, 3:05 pm

Congratulations! You are so lucky. The special Olympics are awesome.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2014, 3:10 pm

Thank you Raleigh! :D

Wreck It Ralph

unit_00
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Nov 2014, 3:30 pm

oh congrats! i know i haven't been posting actively for too long, but every post of yours is always so kind, thoughtful and helpful and i'm very glad for you! :sunny:

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2014, 3:33 pm

unit_00 wrote:
oh congrats! i know i haven't been posting actively for too long, but every post of yours is always so kind, thoughtful and helpful and i'm very glad for you! :sunny:
Thank you so much unit! I LOVE the little sunshine. :D that made my day! :D

Wreck It Ralph

whatamess
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2014, 4:47 pm

Awesome! Glad to hear you were finally able to get a diagnosis and find a bit of peace. I do believe that a diagnosis can bring us peace?I am still trying to figure out how I can get one where I live (outside the US).

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2014, 5:09 pm

whatamess wrote:
Awesome! Glad to hear you were finally able to get a diagnosis and find a bit of peace. I do believe that a diagnosis can bring us peace?I am still trying to figure out how I can get one where I live (outside the US).
Thank you. What country do you live in? Perhaps one of the members will have insight on how you can get one.

Wreck It Ralph

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2014, 9:40 pm

Do you do downhill skiing like Franz Klammer

Or do you do Slalom?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2014, 11:04 pm

Congratulations!!