Do you think that Max from Max and Ruby is autistic?

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

jenisautistic
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Jan 2013
Age: 21
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,275

15 Nov 2014, 8:34 pm

I do


_________________
Your Aspie score: 192 of 200 Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 9 of 200 You are very likely an Aspie PDD assessment score= 172 (severe PDD)
Autism= Awesome, unique ,Special, talented, Intelligent, Smart and Mysterious


WelcomeToHolland
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Jan 2014
Gender: Female
Posts: 583

15 Nov 2014, 9:28 pm

I've never thought that no (and I just looked at "Max's Breakfast" book and still don't). He seems like a pretty normal toddler to me. The weird thing about the story line is how the parents are nowhere to be found, and Ruby is mean to Max. :/


_________________
Mum to two awesome kids on the spectrum (16 and 13 years old).


Last edited by WelcomeToHolland on 15 Nov 2014, 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jenisautistic
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Jan 2013
Age: 21
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,275

15 Nov 2014, 9:29 pm

WelcomeToHolland wrote:
I've never thought that no (and I just looked at "Max's Breakfast" book and still don't). He seems like a pretty normal toddler to me. The weird thing about the show is how the parents are nowhere to be found, and Ruby is mean to Max. :/


Wait I thought he was 5 oh.


_________________
Your Aspie score: 192 of 200 Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 9 of 200 You are very likely an Aspie PDD assessment score= 172 (severe PDD)
Autism= Awesome, unique ,Special, talented, Intelligent, Smart and Mysterious


WelcomeToHolland
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Jan 2014
Gender: Female
Posts: 583

15 Nov 2014, 9:33 pm

jenisautistic wrote:
WelcomeToHolland wrote:
I've never thought that no (and I just looked at "Max's Breakfast" book and still don't). He seems like a pretty normal toddler to me. The weird thing about the show is how the parents are nowhere to be found, and Ruby is mean to Max. :/


Wait I thought he was 5 oh.


I assumed he was a toddler because of his behaviour and speech. If he's 5, then he's definitely developmentally delayed, but I don't think there's enough evidence to say it's autism.

EDIT: Max is 3 years old. http://www.nickjr.com/max-ruby/about-ma ... cters.html

Edit again: you beat me to it.


_________________
Mum to two awesome kids on the spectrum (16 and 13 years old).


Last edited by WelcomeToHolland on 15 Nov 2014, 9:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jenisautistic
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Jan 2013
Age: 21
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,275

15 Nov 2014, 9:39 pm

WelcomeToHolland wrote:
jenisautistic wrote:
WelcomeToHolland wrote:
I've never thought that no (and I just looked at "Max's Breakfast" book and still don't). He seems like a pretty normal toddler to me. The weird thing about the show is how the parents are nowhere to be found, and Ruby is mean to Max. :/


Wait I thought he was 5 oh.


I assumed he was a toddler because of his behaviour and speech. If he's 5, then he's definitely developmentally delayed, but I don't think there's enough evidence to say it's autism.


Nope my mistake he's only three but he does however only says one word phrases

Probably just a little speech delay


_________________
Your Aspie score: 192 of 200 Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 9 of 200 You are very likely an Aspie PDD assessment score= 172 (severe PDD)
Autism= Awesome, unique ,Special, talented, Intelligent, Smart and Mysterious


rapidroy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Dec 2012
Age: 30
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,411
Location: Ontario Canada

15 Nov 2014, 11:39 pm

I like how everything is free of charge in their world. Just walk in to the store and ask what you want and leave.

I don't see anything other then normal toddler behaviour.