Do you think that Max from Max and Ruby is autistic?

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

jenisautistic
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2014, 8:34 pm

I do

WelcomeToHolland
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2014, 9:28 pm

I've never thought that no (and I just looked at "Max's Breakfast" book and still don't). He seems like a pretty normal toddler to me. The weird thing about the story line is how the parents are nowhere to be found, and Ruby is mean to Max. :/

Last edited by WelcomeToHolland on 15 Nov 2014, 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jenisautistic
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2014, 9:29 pm

WelcomeToHolland wrote:
I've never thought that no (and I just looked at "Max's Breakfast" book and still don't). He seems like a pretty normal toddler to me. The weird thing about the show is how the parents are nowhere to be found, and Ruby is mean to Max. :/

Wait I thought he was 5 oh.

WelcomeToHolland
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2014, 9:33 pm

jenisautistic wrote:
WelcomeToHolland wrote:
I've never thought that no (and I just looked at "Max's Breakfast" book and still don't). He seems like a pretty normal toddler to me. The weird thing about the show is how the parents are nowhere to be found, and Ruby is mean to Max. :/

I assumed he was a toddler because of his behaviour and speech. If he's 5, then he's definitely developmentally delayed, but I don't think there's enough evidence to say it's autism.

EDIT: Max is 3 years old. http://www.nickjr.com/max-ruby/about-ma ... cters.html

Edit again: you beat me to it.

Last edited by WelcomeToHolland on 15 Nov 2014, 9:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jenisautistic
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2014, 9:39 pm

WelcomeToHolland wrote:
jenisautistic wrote:
WelcomeToHolland wrote:

I assumed he was a toddler because of his behaviour and speech. If he's 5, then he's definitely developmentally delayed, but I don't think there's enough evidence to say it's autism.

Nope my mistake he's only three but he does however only says one word phrases

Probably just a little speech delay

rapidroy
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2014, 11:39 pm

I like how everything is free of charge in their world. Just walk in to the store and ask what you want and leave.

I don't see anything other then normal toddler behaviour.