Has autism negatively impacted your life?

Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

LupineSnowstorm
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2014, 8:58 am

I don't have anything to compare living with autism to. So I can't really tell. It's a huge part of my personality for better or worse.

Zajie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2014, 1:39 pm

Yes too much, it causes me to be sad and I have so many disabilties because of it

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2014, 1:56 pm

In some ways, such as the fact it makes me come off as at the very least 'a bit off' and people like to make fun of people for that, so got to experience lots of getting picked on, bullied and even taken advantage of or tricked into stuff...so I could get in trouble from the teacher and have everyone laugh at me. It was great fun for everyone but me is how it seemed.

Then there are things like sensory issues, that can make things much more aggrevating/annoying than they'd otherwise be, which can also lead to complaining....and well everyone complains but can get annoying so I am sure sometimes it has had negative impacts on social interactions, or my scatter-brainedness and when its lead to things like forgetting to say thank you when someone does something you say that for....so I feel bad about anytime Ive come off as rude where it wasn't my intention and unintentionally made people feel bad. So to me that is a kind of negative impact.

eggheadjr
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2014, 2:05 pm

sharkattack wrote:
It has defined my life.

^^^ That ^^^

FracturedRocket
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2014, 2:09 pm

So far it hasn't. I've been blessed with friends and family who are understanding, I suppose.

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2014, 8:32 pm

I think, it has. Apart from the fact, that it has given me special interests, it has also made social situations and jobs hard because of my poor social reading and my confusion over having to shift between functions fast. I have been sacked many times for those things.