Do you smoke marijuana?
Yes 38%  38%  [ 33 ]
No 62%  62%  [ 54 ]
Total votes : 87

MadHatterMatador
Raven
Raven

18 Nov 2014, 4:57 pm

It makes me more aware of my issues, not only in the moment, but throughout my life. I not only become very self-aware, but also more sensitive, which is not a good combination. It makes me really hate myself. I also start to have this insanely good memory of when I was really young, but that's beside the point.

AQ: 46

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2014, 8:02 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Skilpadde wrote:
lostonearth35 wrote:
I don't care what anyone says, weed is a drug. Most people think it isn't because it's a plant, but there are all kinds of plants that are highly toxic and can kill you. Also, it seems to me that when people are high on it they stop caring about everything else. Their job, their family... they become indifferent to everything.

Yeah, and their brains rot, they are so unaware of everything around them, and they're oh so NOT funny. Can't stand them!

I have been offered it, and I passed and I would pass again if offered again.

Cannabis actually does not cause brain rotting....there isn't even evidence to suggest it any death of brain cells. Alcohol kills brain cells though and its legal. Also with my experience smoking and hanging around people who smoke never ran into any cannabis smokers who are indifferent to everything, most don't really seem indifferent at all. It has mellowing effects so during the high people may seem a little more care-free but not the same thing as being entirely indifferent, I'd think there are other drugs more likely to cause that.

Alcohol doesn't kill brain cells either, that's a myth. Brain cells die all the time, in fact, brain cell death is how the brain's structure is created in the first place.

SpirosD
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Nov 2014, 9:28 pm

Use to smoke it, but not anymore, I think it's called growing up, I'm just not interested in it anymore. I never was a stonner, but I had periods where I would do it a lot, and depending on the product and the quantity it would give me a dreamy effect, like if I wasn't really in this world, and other times it would just make me sleep, and I've used a lot during a period before going to bed. I've also used it a few time at work, where I'll show up high (bosses, or PM's in my case) would not notice it, except that I would get the munchies, and a few times I would do it during breaks. But I was much younger and didn't care, even so I was living in the US where they can do drug tests. And here in France they are not allowed to do drug test, so I'll do it during breaks, once a boss asked me when I was doing office work "Are you high?" and I said "Yeah" and he just answered "Ok!" and he didn't do anything. But today I'm 33 and I haven't done it since I was 25, what would be 8 years. I was offered it but always declined.

Last edited by SpirosD on 18 Nov 2014, 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2014, 10:37 pm

Yeah, I've smoked for a long time now. It helps with my executive function.

Lukecash12
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2014, 11:11 pm

Has anyone here heard of Sam?

http://www.letfreedomgrow.com/cmu/SamsStory.htm

Or Granny Storm Crow's list? She's on a number of forums pertaining to cannabis culture.

http://forums.cannabisculture.com/forum ... list-2009/

As for me it helps with sensory issues, helps with social anxiety, loosens up tense and creaky old joints and muscles, and best of all it really helps with sleep issues and encephalitis.

Lukecash12
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2014, 11:17 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
I wouldn't know since I've never touched it. The only time I've even actually seen it was that time in junior high when the police came and showed us samples of real drugs tightly sealed up in display cases. So if we actually were offered it we'd know what it was and turn it down, I guess.
I don't care what anyone says, weed is a drug. Most people think it isn't because it's a plant, but there are all kinds of plants that are highly toxic and can kill you. Also, it seems to me that when people are high on it they stop caring about everything else. Their job, their family... they become indifferent to everything. Their house could be on fire and they're like, "Wowww maaan, fire looks like pretty orange fairies." :drunken:

I guess it's all right for people with terminal illness, but how many people who use it really are terminally ill? It seems to me nearly everyone in the "hippie" part of the US and Canada have some terminal illness, because that's their reason for smuggling it across the border. I really don't want to go swimming there, I'll bet the life guards there are so out of it. "Hey look, someone's drowning, maaan. Huh-huh-huh". :lol:

Of course I can't stand cigarettes, and I don't drink alcohol. I really am a nerd.

Lol, dude you're clueless. Sounds like a broken record of bad stereotypes. Have you ever even seen a responsible adult using the stuff? Sorry but you sound really sheltered. How would you even know if you've never personally seen someone using it? I refer you back to the gobs and gobs of evidence in Granny Stormcrow's list.

Matthaeus
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2014, 11:53 pm

When I occasionally do it, I feel less anxiety and more self-confidence, sometimes even euphoria, but at other times it makes me feel paranoid.

Dantac
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2014, 4:15 pm

Emiry wrote:
Being uncomfortable while high is not good because then I get panic attacks and all sorts, which is why even when I do smoke it's just one bowl.

Sounds like you are using the Sativa strain. Try indica?

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2014, 5:53 pm

AspE wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Skilpadde wrote:
lostonearth35 wrote:
I don't care what anyone says, weed is a drug. Most people think it isn't because it's a plant, but there are all kinds of plants that are highly toxic and can kill you. Also, it seems to me that when people are high on it they stop caring about everything else. Their job, their family... they become indifferent to everything.

Yeah, and their brains rot, they are so unaware of everything around them, and they're oh so NOT funny. Can't stand them!

Cannabis actually does not cause brain rotting....there isn't even evidence to suggest it any death of brain cells. Alcohol kills brain cells though and its legal. Also with my experience smoking and hanging around people who smoke never ran into any cannabis smokers who are indifferent to everything, most don't really seem indifferent at all. It has mellowing effects so during the high people may seem a little more care-free but not the same thing as being entirely indifferent, I'd think there are other drugs more likely to cause that.

Alcohol doesn't kill brain cells either, that's a myth. Brain cells die all the time, in fact, brain cell death is how the brain's structure is created in the first place.

I will look it up but pretty sure large amounts of alcohol can kill brain cells and at least cause some amount of brain damage. It is a well known fact it impairs the frontal lobe, doesn't do that by helping brain cells. Of course brain cells die all the time and are replaced with new ones but alcohol certainly is not healthy for them.

2cat007
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Nov 2014, 6:06 pm

Never smoked it, never want to.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2014, 10:40 pm

Dantac wrote:
AspE wrote:
I use it all the time, it helps tremendously. By the way, none of the active ingredients are soluble in water, so brewing a tea is pointless.

Yes it is not water soluble. It is why you boil the thing in about 2 cups of water and a spoonful of butter and boil it for about like 45 minutes so the heat to extract it all, stir and let it cool. The active components will bind to the butter. You then separately brew the green tea (or whatever tea you like) and mix it with the other...stir and serve. Ive found green tea brewed from leaf (not the instant stuff) and teas like earl grey and Ceylon Blackwood tea taste rather good with the slightly butter taste. I squeeze a slice of lemon into it as well for flavor.

I cannot bring myself to smoke the thing. Its why I drink it. Easier to control the low dosage as well in my opinion....and easier to carry with you.

Try using olive oil only instead. Make some pancakes or grilled cheese with it, you are wasting good herb.

MarthaCannary
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Nov 2014, 12:31 am

If you are looking into edibles and you do not want to waste very expensive plant material. Research decarboxylization of the materials.

Just boiling it in water or butter is not going to cut it.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2014, 2:13 am

Emiry wrote:
I usually only smoke with my boyfriend now as when I smoke up with other people I can get really self aware, which increases my social anxiety and makes me uncomfortable. Being uncomfortable while high is not good because then I get panic attacks and all sorts, which is why even when I do smoke it's just one bowl. I enjoy being stoned when I'm alone with the bf, it makes me more reflective of myself. I kinda feel that it improves my sober self. Also it's a good way to relax, especially with a glass of wine.

To the people saying it destroys your brain, I've smoked heavily for the past 6 years which hasn't stopped me from being accepted for a PhD in bioenergy next year.

Congratulations!! !!
i wish u continued success :D

L_Holmes
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2014, 3:18 am

I've never smoked marijuana before, honestly I've never even seen it before. I don't understand where people go to get it. Not that I really want to get some or anything, though I am a bit curious to know what it's like. My mom said she tried it once when she was 17 and didn't like it.

- Sherlock Holmes

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2014, 3:37 am

Rocket123 wrote:
I have been an occasional smoker for many years. I am a very detailed-oriented person. When used, it somehow enables me to form connections between the detailed data I collect on an everyday basis and identify new relationships that I previously was unaware of. Another way of saying it is that it enables me to see and understand forest from an interconnected set of trees, and form new insights.

I do the same. When I can, I find it's a means to resolve what I've learned about technologies and people, focusing in on things I need to know as opposed to the futile habit of trying to extrapolate an entire society.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2014, 3:39 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
AspE wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Skilpadde wrote:
lostonearth35 wrote:

I will look it up but pretty sure large amounts of alcohol can kill brain cells and at least cause some amount of brain damage. It is a well known fact it impairs the frontal lobe, doesn't do that by helping brain cells. Of course brain cells die all the time and are replaced with new ones but alcohol certainly is not healthy for them.

It's called apoptosis. Preordained cell death is what differentiates any biological forms. No one would have digits on their hands and feet if the cells between the metacarpals didn't die in-utero.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen: