Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

jenisautistic
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2014, 5:22 pm

You don't do letters that are going to be brought into the board if I have to go to an alternative school this is what we are requesting because I've been in the camp and we don't know any were else

Link

Last edited by jenisautistic on 20 Nov 2014, 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sharkattack
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2014, 5:31 pm

Removed some sensitive stuff.

Last edited by sharkattack on 20 Nov 2014, 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2014, 5:32 pm

Jen. that is great that you got those. That should really help you. If I were you, I would also cover up the names of the people and the addresses and phone numbers as well since you are posting this publicly.

But good for you for getting them. Hopefully you will be able to get the help that you deserve for your school now.

Wreck It Ralph

jenisautistic
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2014, 5:41 pm

skibum wrote:
Jen. that is great that you got those. That should really help you. If I were you, I would also cover up the names of the people and the addresses and phone numbers as well since you are posting this publicly.

But good for you for getting them. Hopefully you will be able to get the help that you deserve for your school now.

Is there anyway to do that on Photobucket

jenisautistic
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2014, 5:45 pm

sharkattack wrote:
Jen that letter is very personal are you sure you want it up on WP?

My diagnosis letter is very personal too I would not show it to anyone.

Honestly It's a risk but I feel I need to show this because I usually use wp as a safe haven.

what do you think of the letters?

sharkattack
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2014, 5:48 pm

jenisautistic wrote:
sharkattack wrote:

Honestly It's a risk but I feel I need to show this because I usually use wp as a safe haven.

Well done on getting those letters.

I guess your right WP is not Facebook it will be fine. :)

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2014, 5:49 pm

jenisautistic wrote:
skibum wrote:

Is there anyway to do that on Photobucket
I am not familiar with how Photobucket works but you can just put piece of paper over it like did for you last name.

Wreck It Ralph

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2014, 5:51 pm

sharkattack wrote:
jenisautistic wrote:
sharkattack wrote:

As long as she covers the identifying info like the addresses and numbers and names of the people who wrote the letters I think it's fine too. They don't reveal anything about her condition that she has not already told us herself. I think it's really great that she might be able to get the support she needs.

Wreck It Ralph

sharkattack
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2014, 5:54 pm

skibum wrote:
sharkattack wrote:
jenisautistic wrote:
sharkattack wrote:

As long as she covers the identifying info like the addresses and numbers and names of the people who wrote the letters I think it's fine too. They don't reveal anything about her condition that she has not already told us herself. I think it's really great that she might be able to get the support she needs.

I agree it is an uphill battle trying to get any kind of support well done to her.

sharkattack
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2014, 5:58 pm

Jen I will fix those letters for you.

Now take them down and I will upload them again with the personal info gone.

jenisautistic
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2014, 6:15 pm

sharkattack wrote:

Ok

sharkattack
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2014, 6:19 pm

jenisautistic wrote:
sharkattack wrote:

Ok

Your letters are in my post just under your first post. :)

jenisautistic
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2014, 6:20 pm

sharkattack wrote:
Removed some sensitive stuff.

Thanks I just hope people will post responses

sharkattack
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2014, 6:38 pm

There are about 7 or 8 people I have come to know on this board including yourself Jen.

You will find the people you interact with most will respond to you most that is just human nature even among us spectrum folk. :)

I am delighted you got those letters I know it can be a struggle to get anything of these professionals.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2014, 6:57 pm

Hi Jen,

Thank you for posting the letter.

Yes, you have to take out all the private stuff. I think SharkAttack already did that for you.

I don't think this indicates that they don't think you could get a Regent's Diploma.

They want to you get academic support, like one-to-one teaching, so you could "take baby steps" on your way towards getting less and less academic support--so, eventually, you could be returned to as "normal" a class setting (which is your goal). In the meantime, you would make slow, but steady, progress towards your Regent's diploma.

The letter acknowledges that your aim is to graduate in an "appropriate" setting. I interpret that as meaning that you want to walk with your friends in the graduation ceremony. But I think it also means that they acknowledge that you want to graduate with more than an IEP or "local" diploma.

The letter indicates that you need one-on-one teaching and a lighter course loads. The letter also states that you should be around other "normal" kids so you could continue to progress socially.

My advice is for you to hard work on your goals, concentrate hard on doing well in your subjects, and really try to not let your "disabilities" get in the way of your accomplishing things.

Your struggles will assist you in becoming an Autism Advocate.

I wanted to ask you:

Did you actually pass the Regents in the subjects you mentioned, with a 65 percent or above grade, or did you pass the Regents Competency Test (RCT)?

If you passed the actual Regents, I don't see why you can't continue to pass them in the future.

I hope other people will chime in--who have more experience in this sort of education. I was in Special Ed as a kid--but it's very, very different nowadays.

jenisautistic
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2014, 8:28 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Hi Jen,

Thank you for posting the letter.

Yes, you have to take out all the private stuff. I think SharkAttack already did that for you.

I don't think this indicates that they don't think you could get a Regent's Diploma.

They want to you get academic support, like one-to-one teaching, so you could "take baby steps" on your way towards getting less and less academic support--so, eventually, you could be returned to as "normal" a class setting (which is your goal). In the meantime, you would make slow, but steady, progress towards your Regent's diploma.

The letter acknowledges that your aim is to graduate in an "appropriate" setting. I interpret that as meaning that you want to walk with your friends in the graduation ceremony. But I think it also means that they acknowledge that you want to graduate with more than an IEP or "local" diploma.

The letter indicates that you need one-on-one teaching and a lighter course loads. The letter also states that you should be around other "normal" kids so you could continue to progress socially.

My advice is for you to hard work on your goals, concentrate hard on doing well in your subjects, and really try to not let your "disabilities" get in the way of your accomplishing things.

Your struggles will assist you in becoming an Autism Advocate.

I wanted to ask you:

Did you actually pass the Regents in the subjects you mentioned, with a 65 percent or above grade, or did you pass the Regents Competency Test (RCT)?

If you passed the actual Regents, I don't see why you can't continue to pass them in the future.

I hope other people will chime in--who have more experience in this sort of education. I was in Special Ed as a kid--but it's very, very different nowadays.

The rcts don't exist any more I think

I believe it was the regents but I was healthy then I didn't get sick until March of this year or April. After the regents then after it took the English common core i got sicker and that's started my second time in the hospital. And hearing pretty heavy voices .

The point is my therapist wants me to go to a special school like the school I menchined .

Example but I was taking the PSATs The voices were talking to me all throughout the test and guide me to circle in the answers I could not concentrate I could not take the test even with the extra time so I just guessed most of the answers.

I'm afraid the same thing will happen on the regents.

But I wish it was the way you interpreted it. that's the way I whish it. Could be but my voices are so strong and I'm missing/missed so much work

But maybe it can be.